What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday.. so far.. 1 x 200g pot Rachel's organic creme fraiche, in bed for breakfast.

Lunch - for the first time, a Kallo organic tomato and herb stock cube, which was better than any tomato cup a soup I ever had

Dinner - wild Alaskan Keta salmon fillets with organic green beans and leeks, lemon cream sauce.

2 x Earl Grey tea with slice of lemon, 2 x Moroccan mint tea, 1 x Throat Coat tea, 1 x Stomach Ease tea
3 x Evian 500ml

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream
L: lidl roll, butter and half marmite, half blackcurrant jam
D: moussaka with a baked avocado, as a trial, and i have to say YUM.

The avo wasn't in the moussaka (this time). I just sliced in half, de - stoned, oiled it, and then baked it for the last 15 mins next to the moussaka in the oven.

The heat seemed to bring out the green flavour. Cant wait to try again, but next time i will slice it in with the aubergine and courgette, to replace the potato that is usually included in standard recipes.

It would also bake nicely sliced with salmon or tuna
Yup I love a baked avocado. Also good if you blend together goats cheese, sundried tomato and olives and stuff the avocado before baking. Or brie and bacon!:hungry:

Reactions: 5 people

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I've reached my limit on greek yoghurt for breakfast so I've just had two slices of bacon with a fried egg and a quarter of a tin of cherry tomatoes. Very tasty! I also had a cup of tea with no milk. I've realised that I was taking in a lot of carbs through the milk in my tea so let's see how this goes.

Reactions: 6 people

al_leister

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Greedy Humans.....greedy animals I don't mind. I do like meat and fish but choose not to eat it!
Missed breakfast at home this morning; something I almost never do. Stopped at Mcdonalds drive thru on my way to the office for an Egg Mcmuffin meal and coffee.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 219428

B: small banana+ 150 g greek yogurt + approx. 50 gr chopped nuts (brazil/ walnuts) + coffee with cream & stevia
L: lettuce + tinned sardines + spring onions + 2 small babybel + 1 apple

I guess there's a lot of carbs in this, need to refine all this, will try egg based breakfast tomorrow as I'm also filled up to the gills on greek yogurt!!

(sorry everything is in grams but not used to ounces any more...)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apart from the banana i would be happy with all of that, even the apple, because it was on the tail end of a meal. :)

But that isn't really important. What does your meter say? If you don't get a rise of more than 2 mmol/l after the banana, then that is fine, and that size portion can stay on your list. ;)

(The rise-of-no-more-than-2mmol/l is a really good guideline for T2s. So is trying not to go above 7.8 mmol/l at 2hrs after meals, but it can take a while before we learn what it takes for our body to stay in those limits)

Don't ever beat yourself up about these things. Just add the data to your learning curve, and plan the next LC indulgent deliciousness! :D

Reactions: 4 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Hi all
I haven't been reporting my food much recently, mainly coz it's settled into a routine that doesn't vary much during the week...

B - bacon or coffee with cream or peanut butter mug cake or cheese omelette
L - subway salad with turkey, cheese and mayo.
D - oven-roasted meat & veg, maybe with my spinach bread if there's some around
S - pork scratchings, red wine, babybels and maybe the occasional beer.

Rinse & repeat Mon - Fri

At weekends I get more adventurous in the kitchen

suehatton

Hi all
I haven't been reporting my food much recently, mainly coz it's settled into a routine that doesn't vary much during the week...

B - bacon or coffee with cream or peanut butter mug cake or cheese omelette
L - subway salad with turkey, cheese and mayo.
D - oven-roasted meat & veg, maybe with my spinach bread if there's some around
S - pork scratchings, red wine, babybels and maybe the occasional beer.

Rinse & repeat Mon - Fri

At weekends I get more adventurous in the kitchen
Same goes but with different food
2 burgen toast with cheese spread
Chicken or tuna crunch
Meat and veg
Nuts and funny feet for snack
Loads of green tea

Not so virtuous at the weekend!!!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Same with me.

Today's a work day, as is tomorrow. So today I'm working 3-10
Breakfast: coffee with double cream
Lunch: Lemon cream cheese pancakes (double portion)
Work: Avocado, prawns, lots of lettuce, 6 cherry tomatoes.
Supper: salami with cream cheese rollouts

Tomorrow (working 8-3)
Breakfast: Chia seeds, unsweetened Almond Breeze, flakes toasted almonds and a touch of almond extract/essence
Lunch: Lidl roll with cream cheese
Dinner: Asda Lamb shank in minted gravy, roasted mix of cauli broccoli and courgette, steamed Brussels sprouts, braised fennel.
Supper: Few nuts

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So far..
B - boiled eggs, organic free range from Wiltshire and totally yummy.
Snack - one of husband's bags of Organix Goodies organic cheese and herb puffs, 9.3g carbs per 15g bag.
L - salad of organic celery, cucumber, carrot, yellow bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, Mozzarella, spring onion, raw Brussels sprouts, raw courgette, with homemade dressing of organic peanut butter, EVOO, apple cider vinegar, tahini, black pepper, milled flaxseed, nutritional yeast flakes.

1x mint tea, 1x Lofbergs Lila Harmoni, 1x Yogi Stomach Ease, 1x Earl Grey with slice of lemon, 1 x Evian 500ml

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Bacon and eggs
L: none - just sat and watched my parents and my son scoff sandwiches and cream buns from the bakers (which I have to go and buy!!) whilst nursing a cup of coffee!
D Planning on a quorn chilli - may even allow myself a couple of cheesy dorritos with it - and deffo a little dark chocolate in front of a host of horror films my son has planned for me this evening :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Whole Earth crunchy peanut butter on 1 slice of Hovis wholemeal seed sensation bread. Half a red grapefruit.
S: 2 squares Lidl JD Gross 81% chocolate. Had to take Brat to an hospital appointment. She purchased a salami and ham sandwich from M&S in the central atrium but only ate half so I pulled out the remaining meat, gobbled it up and threw away the bread.
L: Salad of mozzarella, artichoke, red onion, tomato and avocado with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
D: Plaice baked in a foil parcel with sesame oil, lime juice, ginger, chilli, spring onion, pak choi and baby corn served with cauliflower rice.

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: coffee with cream
L: nothing, having a bad time with mental health
D: don't know if I can be bothered

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B: coffee with cream
L: nothing, having a bad time with mental health
D: don't know if I can be bothered
Ahh, come on, you got someone to chat to and make a cuppa for you? Hope you did bother with dinner and that you'll feel better tomorrow.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B. White coffee with sweetener.
Skipped lunch - made the most of the good weather and walked 4 miles along canal.
T. White tea with sweetener. One onion bhaji.
S. Small sirloin steak, sweet potato and swede mash, baby carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. Two squares of Lindt 90% cocoa dark chocolate.
S. A bit of Cheddar.

One (or two perhaps) 187ml bottle of Californian Merlot.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Yesterday
B. Usual Burgen toast & cheddar
L. Chicken leg, babybel cheese, mini pepperami ( picnic at beach)
D. Haddock and cauli cous cous
S. Cheese chunk 1 rough oatcake

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's the last day of half term and I'm marking today, so for breakfast I've just had sugar free jelly and cream. Hard core or wot?

Reactions: 7 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday the cupboard was very bare. Restocking today.

B: the usual coffee with cream
L: lidl roll with marmite (which now comes in a squeezy pot. How ace is that?!?
D: the last of the frozen pulled pork with the last of the cauli cheese, with the last of the frozen onion bhajis.
Then, as a late night snack i had a tablespoon of Mr B's Lidl 'low carb' meusli. With double cream. Didn't test, though i should have!

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was up really early and had...
B. 2 scrambled eggs (microwaved), 2 slices ham and oh dear, 2 BURGEN slices buttered

S. Just spotted Mrs Vimes sugar free jelly & cream, so I'm going to have the same right now @ 9.49 a.m.!!

L. Chipolatas, maybe 3 or 4 with cooked tomatoes

D. Tinned sardines & salad and a small glass red wine

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was up really early and had...
B. 2 scrambled eggs (microwaved), 2 slices ham and oh dear, 2 BURGEN slices buttered

S. Just spotted Mrs Vimes sugar free jelly & cream, so I'm going to have the same right now @ 9.49 a.m.!!

L. Chipolatas, maybe 3 or 4 with cooked tomatoes

D. Tinned sardines & salad and a small glass red wine

It was blummin lovely mate!