What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't exercise either so I know the problem.

The ND diet is basically 800 calories a day. The original experiment utilised 3x 200 cal diet shakes. Due to constipation they then added in 200 calories of veg a day. Dr Michael Mosley then wrote a book called the Blood Sugar Diet based on the ND study but using real food. But, basically, it really all comes back to eating 800 calories per day for 8 or 12 weeks then slowly increasing until you reach a calorie level that maintains your weight.

I found Michael Mosley 's Blood Sugar Diet the most helpful. :)
I like watching the BBC programs he makes - fascinating! :watching::bookworm::happy:

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello

B - coffee with cream
L - 1 boiled egg
D - tonight will be dd spinach and bacon frittata with salad, a meal all the family really enjoy especially the carb eaters.

Snack - pkt pork scratchings

Off to inlaws tomorrow, should be interesting .........

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
When I made chia pudding I didn't have a recipe - I bought the chia from eBay - so I just bunged in anything I fancied and slowly realised what combo of ingredients I preferred. For instance, I really love strong black coffee with a touch of sweetener chia pudding or almond milk with coconut extract - or almond milk with good quality cocoa powder with some orange extract .... basically you can pretty much do what you like. :)
Thanks for that @Chook. I was surprised how quick easy and tasty this pudding is. I bought my seeds from the local bargain shop , less than £2.00 and coconut milk was 50 p. Xx

Would be interested in @Brunnerias lemon version of chia seed pudding please..... X

Reactions: ziggy_w and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Thanks for that @Chook. I was surprised how quick easy and tasty this pudding is. I bought my seeds from the local bargain shop , less than £2.00 and coconut milk was 50 p. Xx

Would be interested in @Brunnerias lemon version of chia seed pudding please..... X

@Brunneria - do you have a recipe for your lemon chia seed pud??? :)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

There are some seriously good chia pudding recipes in here but some of them require adapting e.g. maple syrup would have to go and be replaced by something like stevia (Or no sweetener). Some of the recipes are fine. You can also do things like blitz some strawberries and mix that into the coconut milk or add some unsweetened cacao. The possibilities are endless.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Blackberries with cream

L. Camambert with walnuts

1 hours swimming

D. Salmon filet with mozzarella and pesto with courgette, onion and mushrooms cooked in the oven with a little olive oil. Strawberries with yoghurt

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya.

A few treats going on today - on my way to a short holiday and overnighting at Heathrow before a 7.30am flight tomorrow.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - mixed lamb/chicken doner meat (no bread) with salad

Dinner - a few salted almonds, mixed nuts and 2 small chocolate chip cookies on offer for free in the executive lounge at the hotel

Drinks - 1 mug tea with cream, 2 Diet Cokes, 1 sparkling water, still water throughout the day

Next up a shower and an early night.

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Blackberries with cream

L. Camambert with walnuts

1 hours swimming

D. Salmon filet with mozzarella and pesto with courgette, onion and mushrooms cooked in the oven with a little olive oil. Strawberries with yoghurt
That sounds delicious! If I change the mozzarella for a vegan "cheese" and avoid the onions.... yum! :hungry:

perry1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People that moan for no reason
B- scrambled egg on burgen bread (2) mug black coffee
L- mug green tea
D- chicken breast with coconut milk and lemon grass sauce, stir fried vegetables
Greek yogurt few strawberries with 1 square grated 86% cocoa dark chocolate sprinkles on top.
Water throughout the day.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My BGs still haven't resolved whatever the evening/morning issue is. Bed on 7.6 FBG 7.9 and pre breakfast was a ghastly 8.4. To be honest I feel awful.
B. Chia Pudding with blueberries. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream
L. Tbsp of prawns , same of fresh anchovies and salmon pate. 2 mozzarella pearls and 2 cherry tomatoes.
D. About 1/3 of a rib eye, 1/2 a walnut and 1 cherry tomato. Just cannot face food right now.
About 5 pints of water so far.
Early bed tonight I think.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: heh

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
All this talk of chia pudding.... I just had to go and make myself some - very basic, I'm afraid, Mr Chook's Koko coconut milk with some no added sugar banana Crusha (yes, I know.... sweeteners aren't good for us....) and, of course, the chia. When I worked out the carbs and calories I had made enough for four breakfasts, so I popped 40g of frozen blackberries in the bottom of four bowls and poured the chia mixture over - then put cling film on top and put all four bowls in the fridge. I feel quite virtuous having prepared breakfast for the next four days (okay, it only took five minutes!) ;)

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Oooh. Might give it a try seeing as I have some sugar free vanilla Crusha
Does the coconut milk thicken up overnight in the fridge?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oooh. Might give it a try seeing as I have some sugar free vanilla Crusha
Does the coconut milk thicken up overnight in the fridge?

Yes, the chia swells up and absorbs the milk. :) Its been a while since I had it but I remember it reminded me of a cross between blancmange and tapioca.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: Berries & vanilla zero yogurt, 2 boiled eggs
L: prawn & marie rose butty, side salad & 6-7 chips in one of those little basket things
T: lightly dusted cod & mushy peas
Tea throughout the day