What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I am eating the same today as I ate yesterday, so this is a BOGOF post.

Breakfast: Cheesy omelette

Lunch: 2 baby bels, 1 oz brazil nuts, blueberries, creamy decaf

Dinner: Cajun Swedish quorn balls with courgettes, peppers, mushrooms and jalapenos in passata with grated cheddar. (Cajun-Swedish - it's a thing)

Pudding: Pineapple jelly with a big strawberry, blueberries and cream. Zero carb, veggie jelly from Amazon - it's like all my Christmases have come at once! :joyful:

Reactions: 2 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Slice of burgen toast with peanut butter, actimel
nuts and raspberres
Salmon and avocado salad, blueberries, yoghurt and cinnamon
Tea will be sausage ratatouille and maybe a glass of red wine

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had full fat coconut yoghurt with some Linwood's seed mix for breakfast

Scrambled eggs with some spinach and bacon for lunch.

Dinner, well I was handed a couple of pork knuckles a couple of days ago so tonight I am having a crack at making a german roast pork recipe that I used to enjoy when I was working near Heidelberg - Schweinshaxe. Pork knuckle smothered with a mix of sea salt, caraway seeds, rosemary and garlic then slow roasted over a bed of onion and celery, and basted with pilsner beer. I'll be having mine with roast celeriac and grilled asparagus while Mrs Bear will be getting some roasted pickled pear as well - i might just sneak a bit of that too.

The crackling will do for a snack later on.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1393597506.178381.jpg

hope this works from my phone

you gotta try these

Reactions: 6 people

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
This thread is such a good idea!

Breakfast - 1 weetabix
Lunch - 2 slices of toast with scrambled egg, Greek style yoghurt coconut flavour
Tea - 2 sausages, chips and 2 fried eggs.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Thank you all for nice comments about my blog. Ive just started and positive feedback encourages me a lot :D There was a topic about positives of diabetes and I must add having a blog to it. Without diabetes I would have never started and continue spending time online on some stupid and aimless stuff!

Lenny, maybe you should try panna cotta. Without orange sauce it has 10g of carbs only. Im going to put chocolate mousse this weekend and it should be safer than chocolate brownie i think.
Thought this would be a good way to steal some ideas!

I've had:
Breakfast: tinned mackerel on almond flour bread.
Snack: mixed nuts
Lunch: tuna salad, cheese and coleslaw
Tea: chicken and veg 5 spice stir fry

Just about to have panfried Sea Bass with green beans. I should be a low carber, but for lunch my 3 year old grandson and I made pizza. We used Warburton's sandwich thins, Half of each slice spread with tomato puree, topped with grated cheese. Joshua does the grating on the "I can cook" grater and sliced Pepperami on top,[be careful og Grandma's finger chopper knife!] Italian herbs on mine.. then under the grill until the cheese bubbles. About 10 carbs a pizza. [still pretty low even if we had 2 !]. Didn't have breakfast. Numerous cups of coffee andd a few nuts throughout the rest of the day..
Hana
Because we have Peter's kidney failure to cope with too, I'm developing new recipes. Tomorrow I plan to make a tagine with bulgar wheat instead of couscous, mixed peppers, onion, green beans and nuts with a few pieces of dried apricot and dried mango. Seasoned with rose harissa. If it's good, i'll report back the recipe.

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Racists or hatred. Disrespect for people.
Two granery toast.
Bacon and egg
Chick veg soup.carrot leek onion and peppers and chicken

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I tried three new recipes yesterday with mixed success.

Brunch: Cheeseburger - quorn burger with jalapenos and cheese on a cloud bread bun (win)

Dinner: Paneer masala with spinach and coconut (fail)

Pudding: Pineapple jelly with coconut ice cream (win)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried three new recipes yesterday with mixed success.

Brunch: Cheeseburger - quorn burger with jalapenos and cheese on a cloud bread bun (win)

Dinner: Paneer masala with spinach and coconut (fail)

Pudding: Pineapple jelly with coconut ice cream (win)

rvg3tx.jpg

11awf0x.jpg

20gxhxs.jpg

Thanks! I am going to try the bread bun. Did you make the ice cream? the jelly and ice cream look good.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Thanks! I am going to try the bread bun. Did you make the ice cream? the jelly and ice cream look good.
You have to make the buns a day in advance so the burger aint fast food! It is very soft, would be good for trifle sponges I reckon. Garr shared the recipe on the low carb recipe thread

The ice cream recipe is from the link below. Beware of the sweetener though. I used 2 tbsp of Truvia and it is mega sweet. Would use much less next time.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...epage&q=coconut icecream celia brooks&f=false

Jelly from here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Simply-Delish-Sugar-Instant-Pineapple/dp/B0051NH23O

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You have to make the buns a day in advance so the burger aint fast food! It is very soft, would be good for trifle sponges I reckon. Garr shared the recipe on the low carb recipe thread

The ice cream recipe is from the link below. Beware of the sweetener though. I used 2 tbsp of Truvia and it is mega sweet. Would use much less next time.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=FWZCI0q5jhYC&pg=PA116&lpg=PA116&dq=coconut icecream celia brooks&source=bl&ots=YgNJpa5PuK&sig=fMC3Q4sYGIdjWm0VSWqdP9P9i1g&hl=en&sa=X&ei=yh0TU7itK8bAhAfUsYGIAw&ved=0CCwQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=coconut icecream celia brooks&f=false

Jelly from here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Simply-Delish-Sugar-Instant-Pineapple/dp/B0051NH23O

Thank you for the recipes... I have found the recipe for the bread buns but didn't realise you had to make a day in advance so thanks for the info. I am trying not to use sweeteners (mainly so I don't poison the dog) so may add some cheese for taste. I showed my husband the recipe for coconut ice cream, he pulled a face and said that sounds horrible. But he did say he would make it for me, He doesn't like almonds or coconut so doesn't eat much of what I do.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Chia seeds soaked overnight in almond milk and a spoon of greek yoghurt. Threw some frozen blueberries and raspberries in last night, and left it in the fridge to do it's thing. Put a spoon of sainsbury's extra thick double cream on it, as it's sunday and I was feeling decadent.
Coffee.
Roast Chicken Dinner with broccoli, curly kale, and a little bit of celeriac mash (getting naffed off with celeriac though).
Later I'm making a crustless quiche, so may have a bit of that around supper time if I'm hungry.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Quadruple espresso?! :eek:

Love the celeriac bubble and squeak, will definitely be having that.
Quadruple espresso - yum :) :)
Celeriac (mimes hands round throat, choking! ) - quadruple yack!! ;(

K

Kat100

Alpen sugar free, almond milk and small orange juice...

Cheese sandwich and fruit with a ww yougurt

Having a veggie roast tonight, with a cauliflower cheese I made yesterday....

A slice of cake made my self....yet to improve on baking skill first attempt with Splenda ......

Nannyspice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there, just been diagnosed with T2 diabetes and need ideas for,meals. I have been reading various posts and seem I can eat a lot more than I thought!

K

Kat100

Hi there, just been diagnosed with T2 diabetes and need ideas for,meals. I have been reading various posts and seem I can eat a lot more than I thought!

Hello, hope you find some nice things to eat I am t2 also, just over a year now....have picked up some ideas from here, and always had my questions answered.....often by kind supportive people, give yourself time to breath and think , there are a lot of changes to make, if you want to make them, and you will get support here just ask..... Best wishes Kat
Find the diet that is right for you though, and that information may not come off this site....you have your HCP to consider as well and your own health needs ......

Status
Not open for further replies.