What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nannyspice

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the welcome. I am not sure what HCP is, or the other terminology, doctor hasnt explained what all the numbers are. All I know is when I had blood test last October it was 5.4 normal and eight weeks later I had another one due to a trigeminal nerve ending affecting my forehead and it came back as 6.0 and has been averaged at 6.7, dont understand it. we had just returned from a 26 day cruise over Xmas and New Year.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

K

Kat100

You need more appointments with your Heath care providers.....GP, to go forward and find out more information.
I am 6.1. Just over a year ago I was 18 on the scale ......it is always a shock, I take all the help I can get and still feel so new to it all as I did a year ago ......

Nannyspice

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got appt for eye test tomorrow and one for feet on 20th, appt booked with diabetic nurse at docs on 20th also, so will try and get more info regarding terminology

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't have my supper last night so woke up extra hungry about 3am and had a midnight feast of cocoa with almond milk sweetened with a tiny bit of stevia, and a slice of (so called!) chocolate cake which is more like cheese cake, with a small spoonful of cream and 6 raspberries

Breakfast was Greek yoghurt with a few flaked almonds and blueberries with a sprinkling of golden flax seed, and decaff coffee with almond milk and stevia, which I can just about tolerate...

Lunch - crispy chicken drumstick with watercress, 2 cherry tomatoes and a dollop of Hellmans mayonnaise, and herbal tea.

Husband had cooked a full roast dinner for himself tonight and I got none of the trimmings or veggies, just roast chicken breast with a herby yoghurt sauce and spinach, followed by a repeat of my midnight feast of cake & fruit (a few each of raspberries and blueberries).

I'm anti-sweetener, but have caved in and allow myself two "solid" drinks a day with a bit of stevia in, plus the almond milk. Most of the time I'm trying to stick with drinking the tea and lots of water, but I find I want something with a bit more body to it occasionally!

I shall probably make a 1 min m/wave muffin for supper.

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Breakfast: bacon, mushrooms and egg fried in coconut oil.
Lunch: Slice of Ham liberally spread with Dijon mustard wrapped around some goats cheese followed by two low carb pancakes sprinkled with a little Splenda/cinnamon mix and drenched in freshly squeezed lemon juice... Yum, lol
Dinner: My version of Cottage pie topped with celeriac mash and grated cheese, plus green beans, followed by jelly and cream.
Several cups of tea, (some green), water, one decaf coffee with cream and right now I'm having a mug of warm Almond milk :)

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Slow cooked (24 hours) Mallorcan Tumbet.

SuperStock_1566-0211977.jpg

I add in 3 different types of bean and a handful of wholewheat penne. Cooking it for 24 hours breaks everything down and it turns into a solid, but still moist, dish. I do it overnight in a slow cooker and then transfer to a casserole the following morning and stick it in the oven so it is ready for the evening.

The chemical and structural changes that take place in foods when you cook it for ages are quite amazing. These are typically peasant dishes because food was kept on the go because agricultural work was so demanding.

BG levels this morning - 5.0

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakkie - bulletproof coffee, coffee with coconut oil and butter
Dinner - planning to have a piece of Meatza (pizza without bread and base made of grass-fed minced meat)
Evening snack might be some LCHF pancakes or a couple of boiled eggs with mayonnaise

A

Avocado Sevenfold

That tumbet looks amazing! :hungry:

Breakfast: cheesy omelette

Lunch: 2 babybels, 1 oz almonds, blueberries, creamy decaf.

Dinner: quorn peppered steak, cauli couscous, minty yoghurt.

Pudding: cherry jelly, raspberries, yoghurt.

Last edited:

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
This week tried two new recipes

Harissa salmon- mix tbsp harissa paste, lemon juice and 200g yoghurt. Marinate salmon fillets in half the mix - season. Pan fry until cooked. Serve with a salad mix of wilted spinach, cucumber slithers, chilli, lemon juice, coriander, mint and olive oil. Add remaining yoghurt mix on top. Delish! (This one is hot!)

Moroccan chicken & courgette roast- Heat oven 200 degrees c. Mix 2 tsp harissa paste, 75g yoghurt and a pack of chicken thighs, season. Place sliced courgette, red pepper, red onion and olives in a roasting tin, add chicken on top. Bake for 30 mins until cooked. Serve with yoghurt. Even more delish!

Harissa paste is my new find!

Thai red curry tonight.

Trying little gem nachos tomorrow

Also want to try a chimichurri sauce:
flat parsley, coriander, chilli flakes, green chilli, red wine vinegar, shallot and olive oil. Serve with chicken

Happy weekend eating everyone!

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
For
This week tried two new recipes

Harissa salmon- mix tbsp harissa paste, lemon juice and 200g yoghurt. Marinate salmon fillets in half the mix - season. Pan fry until cooked. Serve with a salad mix of wilted spinach, cucumber slithers, chilli, lemon juice, coriander, mint and olive oil. Add remaining yoghurt mix on top. Delish! (This one is hot!)

Moroccan chicken & courgette roast- Heat oven 200 degrees c. Mix 2 tsp harissa paste, 75g yoghurt and a pack of chicken thighs, season. Place sliced courgette, red pepper, red onion and olives in a roasting tin, add chicken on top. Bake for 30 mins until cooked. Serve with yoghurt. Even more delish!

Harissa paste is my new find!

Thai red curry tonight.

Trying little gem nachos tomorrow

Also want to try a chimichurri sauce:
flat parsley, coriander, chilli flakes, green chilli, red wine vinegar, shallot and olive oil. Serve with chicken

Happy weekend eating everyone!

forgot to say toss veg in olive oil! (Moroccan chicken)

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dinner today was corned beef hash made with cauli mash instead of potato. It was sooo nice! To make cauli mash, boil some cauli (I use frozen cauli as it's easier than preparing yourself), drain it in a colander, press the water out and blitz in a blender.

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dinner today was corned beef hash made with cauli mash instead of potato. It was sooo nice! To make cauli mash, boil some cauli (I use frozen cauli as it's easier than preparing yourself), drain it in a colander, press the water out and blitz in a blender.
That sounds yummy, haven't had corned beef hash in years and I have 2 tins in my cupboard I should probably use up so may give this a go

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast as I slept in!

Lunch was feta cheese salad with sweet cheery tomatoes, black olives and fresh basil leaves in olive oil, with a slice of what was supposed to be cheese scones, but somehow accidentally turned into lovely crunchy biscuits with a generous dollop of butter. Followed by a mini chocolate cheesecake with strawberries and cream. Both courses turned out to be rather nicely colour co-ordinated, so I took some photos.:snaphappy:

feta_salad.jpg

choc_cheesecake.jpg

Dinner was shrimps and avocado and spinach in a cream sauce, and a large green salad: watercress, cucumber, celery and more avocado with Hellman's mayonnaise.

Supper *I'm currently thinking about....

Robbity

Reactions: 3 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
No breakfast as I slept in!

Lunch was feta cheese salad with sweet cheery tomatoes, black olives and fresh basil leaves in olive oil, with a slice of what was supposed to be cheese scones, but somehow accidentally turned into lovely crunchy biscuits with a generous dollop of butter. Followed by a mini chocolate cheesecake with strawberries and cream. Both courses turned out to be rather nicely colour co-ordinated, so I took some photos.:snaphappy:

View attachment 3630

View attachment 3632

Dinner was shrimps and avocado and spinach in a cream sauce, and a large green salad: watercress, cucumber, celery and more avocado with Hellman's mayonnaise.

Supper *I'm currently thinking about....

Robbity
Both pictures look yummy - my kind of food! Please would you post the recipe for the cheesecake?
Yesterday I ate:
Breakfast: 1 poached egg, 1 sausage olds of fried sliced mushrooms.
Lunch: Greek yoghurt- plain
Snack: piece of cheese
Sausages with lentils and spinach leaves fried in the fat from the sausages (97% meat)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Both pictures look yummy - my kind of food! Please would you post the recipe for the cheesecake?

Sorry - I've been a bit poorly and not been on the forum for a couple of days. I'll post the cheesecake recipe in the recipes thread for you, and add a link here. I modified it a bit from the original!

Robbity

PS Link to recipe here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No brekkie again today - I'm getting lazy sleeping in ... I think however I do need to eat something earlier as I've notice that I get my glucose level going up before I eat at midday...

Any way we had a large bag of spinach left so last night I'd made cream of spinach soup with a little nutmeg, and had this sprinkled with some grated cheddar cheese, and one of my cheesy scone biscuits. I'd just bought a new blender so was able to play with this!

My husband bought a huge piece of salmon from Tesco this week and for dinner we had that with sugar snap peas with a green side salad, and I made me a cucumber, dill and yoghurt dressing to go with the salmon, instead of the packet parsley sauce that he made. For afters I was a real pig and had a chocolate cheesecake with cream and raspberries, followed by decaff coffee with hazelnut milk. This is the first time I've had the hazelnut version and I actually much prefer it to the almond milk in my drinks. I'm just about to find out what my meter says about my piggy pudding....

Robbity

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Brekkie: home made granola: almonds pecans and hazelnuts ground in a food processor, mixed with milled linseed and dedicated coconut. Baked at 140 for 45 mins. Served with almond milk and blueberries. Very nice!

Lunch:
Cheese and piccalilli sandwich, using linseed bread.

Dinner:
Sausage casserole with tinned tomato, onion, carrot, celery, squash and cabbage. Seasoned with chilli, mixed herbs and smoked paprika. Massive pile of extra mature cheese on top!

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: mushroom omelette, 2 rashers of bacon (blood sugars 5.5 an hour after, but 9.6 by lunch. Usually I only have one bacon rasher so I will be more strict tomorrow).

Lunch: Trout and green leaf salad, mocha (1 tsp coffee, 1tsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2tsp stevia, double cream), almond meal ginger muffin.

Dinner: Celeriac chips, sirloin steak, flat mushroom with cheese, almond meal ginger muffin, mocha (previous high blood sugar made me decide to up my insulin, so dropped to 3.1 after dinner. Took 2 dextrose tablets. 2 hours later BS was 5.5).

Status
Not open for further replies.