Not open for further replies.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
thanks for posting the recipe, I am off to have a look.

my husband is a big Jethro Tull fan and that is the username he uses, I thought it was more appropriate than my usual one (bunbun)
That explains it. I didn't think of you "Sitting on a park bench, eyeing little girls with bad intent.,Snot running down your nose,greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.<G>

AndyH1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm new to this so finding it a challenge.

Here's what I had yesterday;

Brekki; 25g Muesli, 12.5ml Orange Juice, Tea.
Lunch; Homemade Minestrone Soup, 1 slice Homemade Wholegrain Bread
Dinner; Grilled Cod, Green Salad 4 Cherry Toms, 4 Mini Pepers, Hard Boiled Egg, Olives.
Snacks; Hard Boiled Egg, 2 Wholegrain Crackers, Banana.

Night time BG 6.2mmol/L, Morning BG 8.7mmol/L:banghead:.

Andy

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That explains it. I didn't think of you "Sitting on a park bench, eyeing little girls with bad intent.,Snot running down your nose,greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.<G>

This from the same guy who did 'Teacher'.

Have Operation Yewtree been in touch yet?

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - my usual bullet coffee (coffee mixed with coconut oil and butter)
Dinner - Meatza (pizza without bread, the base made of minced meat)
Evening snack, will be a tea with double cream and a piece of homemade walnut loaf (best low-carb bread I ever tasted) well buttered and some cheese

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
I have just had a fried egg sandwich in a muffin made with coconut flour and flax seed. It was so nice and the muffin only took a minute to make in the microwave:)
were can i find that recipie aqua xx

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Fage yoghurt with golden flaxseed. Mug of Illy
Lunch: Scrambled eggs (with butter and double cream) tomatoes and lettuce
Dinner: Sirloin steak, mushrooms and tomatoes, pan fried in goose fat. Savoy cabbage (wilted). 2 squares of Lindt 90%
yoghurt+flax.JPG

Mug of Illy.JPG

scrambled_eggs.JPG

Sirloin.JPG

2 squares.JPG

Reactions: 10 people

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
I'm new to this so finding it a challenge.

Here's what I had yesterday;

Brekki; 25g Muesli, 12.5ml Orange Juice, Tea.
Lunch; Homemade Minestrone Soup, 1 slice Homemade Wholegrain Bread
Dinner; Grilled Cod, Green Salad 4 Cherry Toms, 4 Mini Pepers, Hard Boiled Egg, Olives.
Snacks; Hard Boiled Egg, 2 Wholegrain Crackers, Banana.

Night time BG 6.2mmol/L, Morning BG 8.7mmol/L:banghead:.

Andy
id lose the bannanas musili and orange juice, watch the crackers to all send me well high .. bake some much kinder to ur suger but not sure weather ur 1 or 2 .. just my opinion tho xx

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Robert, I'm always impressed with your meals! I'm also gonna have some meatza...sounds amazing! I had some celeriac bubble and squeak, but decided I'm not that fond of celeriac.

Today:
B: microwaved scrambled eggs with tinned mackerel in tomato sauce.
L: linseed loaf sandwich, Greek yoghurt with blueberry
D: bangers and Swede mash with veg and gravy

Reactions: 2 people

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This thread is so inspirational!!' I love the photographs too!! Robert, I agree with Sam! Your menu is always so appetising. Mmmmmm what shall I eat today? So much choice

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Waiting for my 2 scrambled eggs then motivate to stagger round the block by 08:15 mug coffee then work

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Robert, I'm always impressed with your meals! I'm also gonna have some meatza...sounds amazing! I had some celeriac bubble and squeak, but decided I'm not that fond of celeriac.

Today:
B: microwaved scrambled eggs with tinned mackerel in tomato sauce.
L: linseed loaf sandwich, Greek yoghurt with blueberry
D: bangers and Swede mash with veg and gravy

Hi Sam!

Have you tried celeriac as chips if you're not keen on it mashed etc? I've been doing them in the deep fat fryer the old fashioned way(I've filled mine with olive oil) and they're quite nice and even my wife says she likes them despite not normally liking celeriac.

AndyH1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
id lose the bannanas musili and orange juice, watch the crackers to all send me well high .. bake some much kinder to ur suger but not sure weather ur 1 or 2 .. just my opinion tho xx

I'm T2, but seem to be on the way to T1.5. Main issue is overnight levels. During the day I seem to be ok. At the moment not going full blown LCHF, aiming for sub 150g and see how I go. At the moment I'm eliminating all starchy carbs from evening meal. I get much better BG levels, but still get that overnight spike. The crackers are 3g each.

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
Woke this morning with reading of 9. But had usual breakfast of bowl porridge with half Oronge two spoons sheep yog and a sprinkle blueberries. As Vanlentine day took wife lunchtime to carvery, 3 course. Melon, Turkey and all the trimmings followed by ice cream and chocolate mousse. As weather rotten here been 2 miles on the old exercise bike. Reading short while ago was 7. Quite pleased. Oh! I love panna cotta.
Hope can keep that up it's my 106 month wedding anniversary Monday. Yes I know any excuse:)

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Paul, just noticed I've not replied to you. I've not got a deep fat frier. I've had celeriac roasted before and liked that, so maybe it's just when it's mashed I don't like it. I've found that roast butternut squash is a good chip replacement.

Brekkie: bacon and eggs
Lunch: coronation chicken salad
Dinner: Tonight I'll be having cauliflower rice, chorizo and pea risotto (not as good as a real risotto, but it's pretty tasty) with a bottle of Pinot Grigio and some Beyond Dark orange chocolate buttons.

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had celeriac chips for the first time in about a year (done in the oven)...forgot just how nice they are, have to try the deep fried version.....

Reactions: 3 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Just had celeriac chips for the first time in about a year (done in the oven)...forgot just how nice they are, have to try the deep fried version.....

Nice with some sour cream to dip them in or with some melted cheese on top for cheesy chips.:)

Reactions: 4 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Breakfast: bacon, mushrooms fried in coconut oil plus a poached egg. Followed by half a pear, (an experiment which failed!) BG 9.6 two hours later, so no more pears :(
Lunch: slice of ham wrapped around some cream cheese. Decaf coffee with cream.
Dinner: roast chicken, cauliflower cheese, asparagus spears. Berry jelly and double cream.

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening snack, will be a tea with double cream and a piece of homemade walnut loaf (best low-carb bread I ever tasted) well buttered and some cheese

Could you let me have your recipe for this please - I love walnut bread! (Drool drool :hungry::hungry:)

Today I had Greek yoghurt with blueberries, a few walnuts, and pinch of cinnamon for breakfast, followed by a very late lunch of a slice of ham, goats cheese, 2 cherry tomatoes, and a piece of Finn Crisp rye crispbread slathered with butter. Dinner was salmon with asparagus and a side salad of (more!) tomatoes, and tiny bits of raw broccoli, celery, cucumber and avocado, with a dot of Hellmans mayonnaise; followed by two pieces of Lindt 85% dark choccie. Drinks all day were herbal tea and water.

Yesterday we had power cuts most of the day, which started on Saturday evening. Breakfast was yoghurt with a bit stewed summer fruits and flax seed, lunch was smoked salmon and goats cheese, with some rather elderly raw spinach, followed by a small handful of raspberries; dinner was beefburger and broccoli sprinkled with grated parmesan. Supper was a microwave "muffin in a mug": ground almonds, flaxseed, baking powder, whisked egg and double cream, dolloped with a bit of almond butter, and a few more raspberries. Snacks were a few too many pieces of my Lindt chocolate, mainly because I was really cold and ****** off! Drinks herbal tea, 1 decaf coffee with almond milk, and water.

Robbity.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.