What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Making scrambled eggs for lunch (eggs, butter, cream, salt n pepper) when I saw this happy face...

egg_face-3.JPG

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Alpen no sugar, almond milk orange juice

Homemade soup cauliflower and leek with Stilton , grannery seeded bread

Friut and yougert

Spinach and tofu with a small portion of rice....

Feel like a bit of green and blacks now ........

T2 hba1c 6.1 smaller portions. Always been a veggie

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Could you let me have your recipe for this please - I love walnut bread! (Drool drool :hungry::hungry:)

Today I had Greek yoghurt with blueberries, a few walnuts, and pinch of cinnamon for breakfast, followed by a very late lunch of a slice of ham, goats cheese, 2 cherry tomatoes, and a piece of Finn Crisp rye crispbread slathered with butter. Dinner was salmon with asparagus and a side salad of (more!) tomatoes, and tiny bits of raw broccoli, celery, cucumber and avocado, with a dot of Hellmans mayonnaise; followed by two pieces of Lindt 85% dark choccie. Drinks all day were herbal tea and water.

Yesterday we had power cuts most of the day, which started on Saturday evening. Breakfast was yoghurt with a bit stewed summer fruits and flax seed, lunch was smoked salmon and goats cheese, with some rather elderly raw spinach, followed by a small handful of raspberries; dinner was beefburger and broccoli sprinkled with grated parmesan. Supper was a microwave "muffin in a mug": ground almonds, flaxseed, baking powder, whisked egg and double cream, dolloped with a bit of almond butter, and a few more raspberries. Snacks were a few too many pieces of my Lindt chocolate, mainly because I was really cold and ****** off! Drinks herbal tea, 1 decaf coffee with almond milk, and water.

Robbity.

Robbity, I'll post a link as soon as my test baking is done (and translation), tricky when you find a recipe in my native Swedish and have to change some ingredients, meanwhile a different walnut bread, also tasty - http://lowcarbhealthyfat.com/2013/09/07/some-more-bread-walnut-bread/

A

AnnieC

Breakfast today 1 poached egg with two slices of ham and two small slices Hovis granary toast

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
How do you cook them? We roasted ours (plain) in the oven, they were soggy.

Deep fat fryer-I cook 'em on 140 degrees until softened-lift the basket and leave to cool for a while-I then heat the oil to 180 degrees and cook for a second time to get as crispy as possible(Although you'll never get them as crispy as normal homemade potato chips).

JustDomUK

Deep fat fryer-I cook 'em on 140 degrees until softened-lift the basket and leave to cool for a while-I then heat the oil to 180 degrees and cook for a second time to get as crispy as possible(Although you'll never get them as crispy as normal homemade potato chips).

Thanks. I don't have a deep fat fryer so I might have a crack at doing it in a pan.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Not sure I've finished eating today, oink oink, but here is the story so far...

Brunch: 2 quorn fakey bacon rashers, 2 fried eggs and ketchup

Snack: A babybel

Dinner: Courgette spaghetti pesto with sun dried tomatoes, garlic mushrooms and grilled halloumi. Red wine.

Maybe have some 85% chocolate later.

Last edited:

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Where do you guys but your flax seed? I've been managing between 40-80g of carbs a day.
I tried swede chips this week they are yum.
I've had a bad day, bs level wise today. Been high all day and nothing would bring it down. I'm hypo now of course. :mad::banghead:

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
breakfast: a small bowl of redybrek with no sugar
lunch: Steak and Kidney Pie (it is the weekend :rolleyes:) but replaced the chips with carrot sticks and a ripe banana for pudding (had to run this off but it is my most favourite fruit so worth the pain occasionally)
dinner: cold chicken breast, ryvita with peanut butter, half handful of blueberries, hazelnuts and walnuts
throughout the day copious cups of black darjeeling tea

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Hi Donna, I got my flax seeds in Holland & Barrett and today I saw them in Tesco.

I buy the whole golden seeds and blitz them when required by putting them in a coffee mug and using a stick blender.

Hope you feel better soon x

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Your courgette spaghetti looks good. I use a potato peeler to do mine but yours looks much more professional.

I feel hungry now........

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Your courgette spaghetti looks good. I use a potato peeler to do mine but yours looks much more professional.

I feel hungry now........

Cheers! I got a julienne peeler off ebay. It's like a potato peeler which makes spaghetti for lazy people like me. It was about 3 quid :)

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Hi Donna, I got my flax seeds in Holland & Barrett and today I saw them in Tesco.

I buy the whole golden seeds and blitz them when required by putting them in a coffee mug and using a stick blender.

Hope you feel better soon x

My local Aldi are doing ready milled flax/linseed for £1.99 a pop-might be worth checking out if your local store has them as that's the cheapest I've seen it myself.:)

Reactions: 3 people

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for that, I'll nip to Aldi later. Then I've got to nip to town so will be near Holland and Barrett :) thanks

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Brekkie: tinned mackerel and eggs
Lunch: chicken and bacon Caesar salad with coleslaw
Dinner: shepherd's pie made with cauli mash...yum!!

Reactions: 4 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Breakfast: usual, bacon and mushrooms

Lunch: smoked tuna salad

Dinner: 2 gluten free 85% pork sausages with cauliflower cheese, followed by berry jelly and cream.

Bedtime drink will be a mug of hot chocolate made by melting a square of 85% choc. in hot almond "milk".

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

Alpen with almond milk , warm water and a little orange juice

Cheese and salad sandwich , malted seeded bread
Fruit

Cauliflower cheese with carrots and small jacket potato
Raspberries
Chocolate squares......

Status
Not open for further replies.