What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avocado Sevenfold

My dinner tonight was only a partial success. Coconut lime cauli rice was great. Mushroom jalfrezi was more like soup :( But I think I know how to fix it next time.

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
Pint of water
Breakfast
Pint of water
A scrambled egg -no milk or fat on half a slice of homemade spelt toast bowl of mixed salad with coffee xylotol and koko milk

Mid morning
coffee and koko milk and xylotol

Lunch
Pint of water
1 kohlrabi and celeriac rosti
Red cabbage and carrot coleslaw
Roasted butternut squash and courgette
Grilled salmon cutlet

Mid afternoon
Pint of water
Bowl of mixed salad
Feta and smoked salmon
1/2 medium boiled spud
Coffee as before

Supper
Pint of water
Mixed salad
Steamed cauliflower and carrots with peanut sauce
Coffee
Water

All yummy. I feel I over ate at lunchtime today. I should have eaten something mid morning....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Naughty girl today.....
2 sausages and a poached egg
Handful of peanuts
Piece of Danish blue
Half a cadburys creme egg (yack!)
1 skip (double yack!)
Chicken casserole with bacon, wine and cream and broccoli and cauliflower
1/2 piece of chocolate fudge cake with a scoop of homemade sugar free strawberry ice-cream
Bs 15 mins after food 7.8 and 7.3 after 30 mins. I will not be eating creme eggs or skips again - utterly horrible (used to love them). Skip dissolved in mouth and tasted of purely sugar! Fudge cake will be occasional. Weird that I can have the cake without much of a problem but 4 mouthfuls of pasta or rice and go hyper!

What happened after longer than the 30 minutes with the fudge cake? If your ice-cream is the one you have often talked about, it's high fat? Did you have any delayed blood rise action?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
What happened after longer than the 30 minutes with the fudge cake? If your ice-cream is the one you have often talked about, it's high fat? Did you have any delayed blood rise action?
Continued going down. After 1 hour 6.6 - didn't test after that. Yes the ice-cream was my low carb high fat version. It was the half a cream egg and 1/2 a slice of fudge cake which were naughty.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Just been told that my daughter bought two bags of quorn Swedish balls last night, but didn't put them in the freezer :facepalm:

Please just pencil me in on this thread for the foreseeable future as "quorn Swedish balls and something" for dinner.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Just been told that my daughter bought two bags of quorn Swedish balls last night, but didn't put them in the freezer :facepalm:

Please just pencil me in on this thread for the foreseeable future as "quorn Swedish balls and something" for dinner.
You should serve them with boiled or mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce (lingon can't be found in the local supermarket in the uk) and/or cream sauce. I have a packet mix which depends on where you live as to whether you can get hold of it. Found this recipe which you could try:
Ingredients:
200ml beef stock
400ml double cream
1 finely diced onion
Black pepper
Salt

Fry the onion add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
Don't know what you could substitute beef stock with. Totto or modesty might be able to suggest something. Don't know whether you eat potatoes?

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a fab day.
Am on annual leave, so no office food! Yippee!!!

On waking: cheese string
Breakfast: green smoothie, coffee with cream
Lunch: mixed grill, 1/3 portion of wonderful chips, grilled tom and mushroom
Snack: smallest Costa hot choc with cream and NO MARSHMALLOWS (shudder)
Dinner: pulled pork with sugar snap peas, broccoli and green beans
Bedtime: will have another cheese string.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

You should serve them with boiled or mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce (lingon can't be found in the local supermarket in the uk) and/or cream sauce. I have a packet mix which depends on where you live as to whether you can get hold of it. Found this recipe which you could try:
Ingredients:
200ml beef stock
400ml double cream
1 finely diced onion
Black pepper
Salt

Fry the onion add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
Don't know what you could substitute beef stock with. Totto or modesty might be able to suggest something. Don't know whether you eat potatoes?
Thanks for the suggestions. No spuds for me I'm afraid, just the occasional child's stolen chip :jimlad:

Made a big pot of quorn balls with tinned tomatoes, mushrooms, yellow pepper, spagbol oxo cube, rosemary, thyme, black pepper and balsamic vinegar. Served on courgette "spaghetti" and topped with cheese.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Disjointed day today, BG 6.0 at 5:30am, early train for business trip, nothing low carb of course (must remember to take own breakfast next time). Picked up some feta and olives, houmous and berries at an M&S for a late and light lunch. BG 5.3 before dinner with colleagues, then scallops with crispy bacon, chicken with mushroom and tomatoes (declined new potatoes and chips), a glass of red wine (first alcohol for over a month) and a coffee spread over 2 1/2 hours. BG then 6.8, so not too bad.

Hopefully more regular meals tomorrow!

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
Pint of water
Breakfast
Mixed salad, feta cheese, sauerkraut, half slice homemade spelt bread toasted
Pint of water
Coffee and ss milk xylotol
Vits and ionic zinc

Tea break
Coffee and whole milk
(Forgot to take my snack bag to work so no nuts or fruit. ****!)

Lunch
Pint of water
Large portion mixed bean salad, grated carrot, mixed green salad, Greek salad on one big plate !
Coffee and whole milk xylotol

Mid afternoon
Apple
Coffee and whole milk
1/2 pint water

Supper
Pint of water
Roast chicken
Mixed Salad
1/2 boiled spud
1/2 plate yummy steamed ps broccoli fresh picked
Medium Steamed carrot
Braised celeriac and kohlrabi
Gherkin
Spiced Rhubarb and greek yogurt
Coffee and ss milk
Pint of water

Mid eve
Pint of water

Bedtime
Teaspoon of peanut butter to stop dawn dump....Hopefully

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Breakfast: cheesy omelette

Lunch: Greek yogurt, veg jelly, strawberries. Creamy decaf

Dinner: quorn balls with courgette "spaghetti" and cheese (again!)

Pudding: 85% choc, strawberries, almonds, creamy decaf

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On waking: cheese string
Breakfast: 2 poached egg on buttered Livlife toast, water
Snack: v small latte
Lunch: the hottest piri piri chicken ever! I thought my lips were going to burn off! Delicious. Ate half the chips and wolfed the salad to try and cool things down. It didn't work. Water
Evening: broccoli, sugar snap peas and garden peas with pulled pork.
Last thing: another cheese string...

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Miriamy, that's very impressive water intake!

Reactions: 2 people

Emma23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven't been a diabetic today! I've had a day where I've stuck my two fingers up at it! It's been great I've had chocolate biscuits and chocolate cake! Yippee...... Until tomoz when I feel absolutely shattered and it's all caught up on me! But I'm grieving so as I don't smoke anymore and hardly drink why not ey!!

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Breakfast was a nice tasty correction dose. Yum, yum, my bloodstream is my larder.

Lunch was a 75g bag of salted peanuts. They had 2/3 the carbs of the roasted ones. 4gch.
About 7pm I had a decaf cappuccino that sent my blood sugar up by 4 mmol/L. I took my usual half unit of insulin but that wasn't enough. I may have to give up cappuccino if that recurs.

Dinner was 300g of steak, on special at Tesco at 3 for £10!, plus a salad of broccoli, grated carrot and green beans. 75g protein, 5gch. For the 75gpr I took the equivalent insulin of 25gch delayed delivery over 1 hr. Apart from the weird coffee spike, blood sugar was good and flat all day. I bought an apricot croissant with the coffee, as I was hungry (so maybe the coffee spike was really a glycogen dump?), but didn't eat it. I bought two bars of 74%-cocoa chocolate, 32%ch, but didn't eat those either. I wasn't tempted. For most of the day I wasn't hungry. It was a great illustration of how low carb can be easy. Sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.