What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Putting on coat...

(we are blessed/cursed with a mini Sainsbury's 300 yards from the house)

Run!!

"These delicious drops are available in Harrods, Sainsbury’s, Holland & Barrett and over 600 independent retailers throughout the UK. There are only 189 calories in each packet. Suitable for Vegetarians, Vegans and are wheat, gluten and dairy free and are an ideal for a daily treat."

Oh my! They sound great. Thanks Merylann and Rosie.

Reactions: 3 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
5am mild hypo. 28gch.

Breakfast: scrambled egg, bacon, mushrooms, a doubtful sausage. Mug of caffeinated (!) coffee with a splash of milk.

1 Apricot (2 halves from a croissant that I chucked).

Lunch, 600ml Sainsbury's Goan chicken soup, 30 gch.

Snack
45g pork scratchings. 22gpr

Dinner:
240g smoked mackerel.
48gpr

100g President Brie
18gpr

40g (4 squares) Tesco 74% cocoa Ivory Coast plain chocolate. 32%ch. Gorgeous.
13gch

Oh drat, I had one more square. :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
**** my vision is blurring after eating less than 20gch of plain chocolate that's 41% fat. Surely that's not possible? :-(

Oh well it's off the menu now.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On waking: 1 cheese string (this is getting boring)
Breakfast: a large decaf coffee (bulletproof)
Lunch: Smoked salmon and cream cheese pate on two Livlife slices of toast
Dinner: moussaka (this moussaka fest will get boring at some point but in the meantime... The next batch I make won't have ANY potato, and I will add even more aubergine and maybe courgette. I make the alternative sauce with just milk and grated cheese in the blender. Comes out perfect, but gets runnier when the cheese melts in the oven)
Last thing: will be a cheese string...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
**** my vision is blurring after eating less than 20gch of plain chocolate that's 41% fat. Surely that's not possible? :-(

Oh well it's off the menu now.

You're right. It can't be possible. Maybe you need new glasses? The pain of buying new glasses is preferable to the pain of giving up choc. If the glasses don't work, we will just keep searching for a solution!!!

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been having the Beyond Dark orange buttons for a while now. I think they're better than milk chocolate, not many carbs in either. I've hither raspberry ones, but wasn't a fan. Not tried the plain ones. You MUST try the orange ones, they're so nice.

Today I had egg cauli fried rice with spring onion, ginger, chilli, chicken, prawns, soy sauce and fish sauce. Really nice.

I'll have to have moussaka again, it's an old favourite!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly, my nearby Sainsbury's doesn't stock these chocolate buttons :grumpy:

Oh dear, that means a car trip to the BIG Sainsbury's. The sacrifices I make!

Today
On waking: a cheese string. Again.
Brekkie: full fry up in local cafe. Rather low fat. Good sausage from local butcher. No toast or hash browns but I did eat the sweetened beans
Lunch: huge green salad with Brie and a few grapes
Supper: 3 more sausages 97% meat and a big portion of veg, no potato.

I need to give the processed meat a loooong rest. The problem is that Mr B's idea of holiday food heaven is a Full English, and I struggle to fight a war on 2 fronts against his holiday ebullience.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No breakfast or lunch - doing fasting tests and not at all hungry.

Dinner - Sainsbury's Cumberland sausages. Very tasty but disappointingly high carb - 8% carb.

Lovely glass of Tesco vintage claret, only £5 a bottle. :)

Anie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Going to sainsburys tomorrow. Question -do I exchange £20 of points for a £40 voucher on the double points to spend on chocolate buttons????? LOL!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Putting on coat...

(we are blessed/cursed with a mini Sainsbury's 300 yards from the house)
Me too! Will be going there tomorrow!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I decided to do another of my experiments.....
Fish and chips. 1 fish (ate top layer of batter) and small handful of chips with curry sauce. Went from 5 to 8.1 in 45 mins then slowly started going down. Trouble is I feel really dizzy if I go over 7.5 so not too keen to repeat. Especially as high fat high carb.
So can't have rice (no curry) or bread. Especially naan.
Pastas a no goer.
Chips ok in small quantities.
Feel very tired.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I decided to do another of my experiments.....
Fish and chips. 1 fish (ate top layer of batter) and small handful of chips with curry sauce. Went from 5 to 8.1 in 45 mins then slowly started going down. Trouble is I feel really dizzy if I go over 7.5 so not too keen to repeat. Especially as high fat high carb.
So can't have rice (no curry) or bread. Especially naan.
Pastas a no goer.
Chips ok in small quantities.
Feel very tired.
Might have been the batter or the curry sauce. Were they from the chippy or home made? There may still be scope for reducing the carbs in this meal so chin up :)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
From chippy. Not awful bloods but not worth it so something to have very occasionally. Bs 7.6 today. Have rotten cold. Put on lb. feeling sorry for self! :(

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I had a feast last night. Celebrating the end of a month of rot work in my house. Came home and the workies were gone. Hurrah! I have a toilet and other mod cons again :joyful:

Breakfast: cheesy omelette
Lunch: Greek yogurt, mixed berries, walnuts. Creamy decaf.
Dinner: chickpea curry, mushroom curry, coconut lime cauliflower "rice". Gin and tonic with lime and mint.

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/201...iflower-rice-recipe-low-carb-gluten-free.html

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR
Sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly Scandi, hope you're on the mend now. With moving and not having all the kitchen equipment and gadgets I used to have, I'm struggling to eat properly. Plus when you're on your own there isn't the motivation either.

My tea was a tin of mackerel in a mexican sauce which was delish. But 3 hours later I was craving a packet of crisps, so I had one. Then I tried the recipe for green & blacks cocoa drink with 2 dollops of cream for supper and I really enjoyed it. If I was counting calories for the day, I would have been well under 1800. I'm trying to low carb and in the main, I am doing ok, as I've lost 4 pounds in the past fortnight, but when I read this thread and see what effort some people put into their food, I'm amazed. I want Avocado to come and live with me. :)

Family came last weekend so we tried the local chippie. It's fantastic! Trouble is, the portion size was huge and as I was hungry, I ate a lot more than I should have done, ( not all of it). Whilst I really enjoyed eating it, all afternoon I felt sick and was very bloated. Not sure if that was the batter or the chips? I'll now only have a fish now and again, and just hope I can constrain myself like Scandi and only eat half the batter. ( who am I kidding!!).

I'm interested in the choice of cheese strings Brunneria? Is that a better choice than Babybell? As I eat those as my go to snack in my handbag when out and about?

I'm getting my juicer today from my old house, so I'll hopefully be back to my green juices next week.

The cauli I bought on Wednesday is looking at me saying well go on then, do something with me. I can only think of cauli cheese. That's why I need to adopt Avocado, please. ;) xx

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

LOL Lunarlinda. If there is ever a global cauliflower blight, I'll be in trouble! Have made it into rice, couscous, falafels, pakoras, mash, soup, in a cheesy sauce, popcorn, pizza......

Enjoy your cauli :)

Reactions: 2 people

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR
Aw, that means you're not coming to live with me, :( oh well, at least I tried. I will Avocado, but it will be cauli cheese I think. xx

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Aw, that means you're not coming to live with me, :( oh well, at least I tried. I will Avocado, but it will be cauli cheese I think. xx
I would have to bring my zoo with me (teenagers and cats) so reckon you would quickly go off the idea :eek:

This is a link to a site full of lots of lovely recipes that may take your fancy....

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com

Status
Not open for further replies.