Status
Not open for further replies.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is what I HAVEN'T eaten!!!

(May have licked my fingers after though ;))

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1404509776.641957.jpg

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I'm glad to have had my fifteen minutes of fame but I cannot be held responsible for overdosing on nut balls. I think I said my batch would make 30 that would last a month - ie ONE A DAY Mr Science!!! ;)

Today was a bit crazy as I had cake orders to make. Cruel!

Sausages and egg, coffee

Salmon salad

McDonalds double cheeseburger, no bun. They gave us an extra bag of fries by mistake and I threw them away :eek: shocker!!

Then later in between cake batches, I was hungry so had salami and Brie. Was craving wine with it but refrained.

Hope I've not ruined my ketosis or induction phase with testing the icing as I made it but unavoidable!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I've put them in the freezer now, and yes you did say one a day, they are just too nice!

B/fast cheese omelette
Lunch tomatoes with mozzarella and basil leaves
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1404585967.556414.jpg

Dinner beef hot n sour salad
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1404586002.939514.jpg

Pudding undecided at the moment, maybe a yoghurt

BG been superb today, before lunch and dinner @ 4.9 must of been the gardening last night

Reactions: 4 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausage and eggs, coffee

Salami and Brie salad. Don't think I'll ever get bored of this! :)

Hairy bikers doner kebabs wrapped in lettuce.

Jelly and cream.

Spinach, garlic, spring onion, butter and cream. I craved it so made it! Odd but love it...

Well into ketosis at the moment - don't 'feel' it though!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast turkey rashers , mushrooms , tomato
lunch Feta, posh tinned tuna, St Agur, celery and pickled onions( classy!)
dinner leftover chilli and cheese at stupid o'clock after Mr E insisted on watching all of match at my Mum's so it was 9.30 when we got home. Safe to say I'll not be staying awake to test at 2 hrs.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No interest in food today - still coasting on last night's steak, I think.

Very late breakfast of scrambled egg

No lunch

Just had pork scratchings now.
And about to have an Asda own brand orange jelly - to see if the sucralose keeps me awake like aspartame does.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another one with out much interest in food today - att he moment i seem to be hungry all night, snack all night and then end up not eating till later in the day... and end up with a bit of a liver dsump... :(

Today just had a couple of teaspoonfuls of crunchy peanut butter, herb tea and water tlll dinner time, then had mini crab tart (tinned crabmeat with pinches of coriander leaf, paprika and pepper, splash of lime juice, capers, mixed in with sour cream, and topped with one of my cheesy shortbread pieces crumbled up, covered with grated parmesan, and grilled), mixed herby salad with walnut oil, followed by raspberries, clotted cream and a piece of almond shortcake; orange herb tea and water to drink.

crab_tart_and_salad.jpg

Still debating over supper.

Robbity

Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another one with out much interest in food today - att he moment i seem to be hungry all night, snack all night and then end up not eating till later in the day... and end up with a bit of a liver dsump... :(

Today just had a couple of teaspoonfuls of crunchy peanut butter, herb tea and water tlll dinner time, then had mini crab tart (tinned crabmeat with pinches of coriander leaf, paprika and pepper, splash of lime juice, capers, mixed in with sour cream, and topped with one of my cheesy shortbread pieces crumbled up, covered with grated parmesan, and grilled), mixed herby salad with walnut oil, followed by raspberries, clotted cream and a piece of almond shortcake; orange herb tea and water to drink.

View attachment 5720

Still debating over supper.

Robbity
Why are other people's meals always so much more beautiful/aesthetically pleasing/nutritious looking and more appetising than what comes out of my own kitchen?

I adore food. But cooking is just a means to a sensory end.
So my food is functional, but not exquisite, like Robbity's.

Must try harder.

Reactions: 3 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria I'm very very flattered! I've never thought of myself as a terribly good cook but I do enjoy preparing my own food - especially after getting back into the kitchen again after being kicked out by my husband nearly 20 years ago when he took early retirement - it's one of the better things about having diabetes!! One of my major hobbies is crafting and I love colours and textures.

My parents were very fussy about having a nice table with good china and silverware, but we have been known to have milk bottles on the table and to use the odd containers for bowls or plates that would have my mum turning in her grave... :bag: And if it's any consolation, I did do a bit of nifty editing to remove the floating teabag from my mug before uploading my photo.

There - does that make you feel better now??

Robbity

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yesterday...

Brunch: 2 quorn sausages, 2 fried eggs, ketchup.

Snack: creamy decaf and 85% chocolate.

Dinner: same as night before - quorn burger with all the trimmings.

Footie snacks: peanuts, gin and tonic.

Making a curry tonight. I am off work for a week...yay!

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Well into ketosis at the moment - don't 'feel' it though!

Inspired by your Atkins thread, I fished out my ketostix and tested a few times last week. Pink. My only symptom (apart from dodgy breath :***:) is a feeling of well being. I *feel* leaner (despite what the pesky mirror says). It is hard to describe.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@avacado

Woo hoo! I'm inspiring - get me!!

Except for today, I only ever get a positive at around 8pm at night so try testing later in the day. ;)

And you can chew him for your stinky breath! Xx

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@avacado

Woo hoo! I'm inspiring - get me!!

Except for today, I only ever get a positive at around 8pm at night so try testing later in the day. ;)

And you can chew him for your stinky breath! Xx

Maybe I am doing it wrong, I test first thing in the morning :facepalm:

LOL don't expect my next dinner post to read "curry and a pee soaked plastic stick!"

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yep, Dr Google says I am doing it wrong. Thanks for the heads up, Deb. Will try testing 2 hours after dinner tonight. Fingers crossed I will still have a pink stick, doggy breath and feel like Xena Warrior Princess :D

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds about right - I have dinner 5.30-6pm so that would make sense.

And don't forget to cut your strips in half ;)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is doggy breath a sign of ketosIs? I only ask as when cows get it and when I had it many years ago on my starve all day then eat 2lb apples diet my breath smelt of pear drops or nail varnish remover. Now I have a constant foul taste in mouth and wondered if it could be ketosIs as it is worse the days I eat fewer carbs.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Is doggy breath a sign of ketosIs? I only ask as when cows get it and when I had it many years ago on my starve all day then eat 2lb apples diet my breath smelt of pear drops or nail varnish remover. Now I have a constant foul taste in mouth and wondered if it could be ketosIs as it is worse the days I eat fewer carbs.
Doggy/pear drops/nail varnish breath are all signs of ketosis. Feeling like a warrior princess may not be.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I read that uncontrolled diabetics are more likely to get gum disease due to having sweet saliva. This can also cause doggy breath. I have gum disease which the dentist treats quarterly, but I think keto breath is different. It comes from your very soul, not your gums.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Would think so!
My breath not great either!

Status
Not open for further replies.