What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Already looking forward to tomorrow's cooked breakfast, love a breakfast buffet cooked by someone else

Me too - the best but about staying in a hotel. All the dancing seems to be doing you the world of good. What sort of dancing do you do?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trying to be more strict with my time restricted eating so just coffee and tea this morning. Both black and all except 1 coffee was decaf. I’m gradually making changes.
Lunch was salad, half a chicken breast, avocado, sauerkraut, cherry toms, pumpkin seeds and spinach. Followed by DGF Notella and cream.
Dinner was bunless burger with a Babybell hidden in the middle so it melted. Lovely. Bit more salad.
Peppermint tea for the rest of the evening ( unless the Montezuma’s I ordered arrives…..)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: pea soup - a small bowl and there's plenty left. I put some in the freezer and kept the rest in the fridge - should be OK for tomorrow. Missed my bacon and eggs though.

2nd meal: baked basa fillets with some fruity kind of veggie (tomato, sweet pepper, courgette and onion). Plenty of butter and finished with a very juicy lime. It tasted OK, if a little "muddy" - even all the lime juice didn't cover that. Asked Neil not to bother with basa in future - checking the label showed it was from Vietnam.

basa dinner 1.JPG

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast just coffee - off early for this years flu vaccine and I needed some shopping as well.
Lunch three eggs scrambled in butter with one slice of hm lc bread followed by raspberries and yoghurt
Managed to avoid snacking now my 90% choc has run out!
Dinner chicken curry with two pataks poppadoms and lots of Corriander with glass of gin,soda water and slices of lime followed by DGF raspberry bakewell with yoghurt.
Arm aching from flu jab but luckily remembered last year and got it done on the arm I don’t sleep on! Last year had flu in one arm and pneumonia in other and as a side sleeper I remember that I had a difficult nights sleep!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I don't really see a change, he still has sorry sounding coughing fits a couple of times a day. :(
Looks like it's back to the vet after the weekend. At least I managed to video his coughing, perhaps that's helpful for the vet.
My first vet found the video of Errants cough useful but he was heavy handed and his surgery was dirty, so we didn't go back.
Edited to add: we have found a lovely vet in a different town now and he is cheaper as well.

Last edited:

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. Black tea, black coffee. 1 slice lc toast with trout pate and cucumber.
Off to get flu jab then out.
L. Ethiopian injera with pumpkin stew. Black coffee.
Snack. Peanuts and cashews
D. Hash made from the leftover cooked vege in the fridge with some cooked salmon. Reheated griddled hispi cabbage as well.
Stewed rhubarb and Greek yoghurt.
interestingly, while I was at the surgery I mentioned that I was due for an annual review and I was booked in straight away for this Wednesday. Not what I expected but then I remembered that they do get paid for this!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a SF jelly.
Dinner: salmon and cream cheese sandwiches made with LC bread with coleslaw followed by DGF chocolate Bday cake (no it’s not my bday, it’s been stored in the freezer since Aug and it’s still delicious) cream and LC nutty granola.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two egg and cheese omelette, slice of middle bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes for breakfast.
Chicken pie without the lid, usual cordial and a scoop of the good stuff mixed in for smoko.
Grilled threadfin salmon fillets, usual salad stuff with some kimchi mixed in for a late lunch.
Toasted ham and cheese low carb sandwiches for supper at six.

A low carb chocolate mint protein bar watching the last couple of episodes of Blind Spot on Netflix.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A very nice dish.
In theory, that is.

I'm very sure my mums oven baked chicory with ham and cheese was delicious, and the trick should work well with leeks too.
But I think I undercooked the vegetables when cooking before putting in the oven, and then overbaked, turning the cheese into chewing gum on hard veggies.

Never mind, it filled my tummy all the same, and I still have leek and chicory to try again tomorrow! :)

243869215_10224366963636029_3843016109567628299_n.jpg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast: just coffee with cream after overindulgence in carbs last night was not hungry.
More coffee
Lunch: 2 ryvita with ham, cucumber and the last of my cherry tomatoes.a Clementine and cup of tea.
Several more teas during the afternoon.
Dinner pork,Apple and onion casserole. Roast cauliflower, 1 small roast potato (only because they were cooked yesterday)
Savoy cabbage steamed with butter and black pepper. A very small panna cotta 13g carbs two glasses of wine,
Coffee
Lemon tea
I did it! A whole day without scoffing, perhaps this is me getting back in control.
It's about time. Have been feeling so ashamed of myself.

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I did it! A whole day without scoffing, perhaps this is me getting back in control.
It's about time. Have been feeling so ashamed of myself.
Well done!

But please don't feel ashamed of yourself when you do give in, it's perfectly natural to not always do the things we tell ourselves we'll do (I mean, have you ever heard of a new years resolution held onto after a year? I have heard of one, but there are thousands of resolutions against that single one not living past january!)
Feeling ashamed doesn't help you, it only serves to make you feel bad.

I hope you'll be able to feel happy and proud of yourself more often!

Reactions: SlimLizzy and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Up at 4.30am - that's late for me. Took half a dose of Co-codamol and managed to get comfortable in the chair and went back to sleep for a bit. Perhaps should have taken a full dose and maybe slept longer.

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs on wholemeal toast (decided to give it a try since my digestive system seems to be clogging up). Took enough insulin to stop it spiking my BG. Actually dropped from 12.9 to 9.8!

Feeling pretty unwell (heart pounding pretty fast and feeling weak) so I had to go and lay on my bed for a while. Still feeling quite weak but decided to get up and see what I can make of the day. It's very cold here - maybe that's the problem.

I was going to take my pharmacy-full amount of tablets with yoghurt but I took the new one out of the fridge and, oddly, it wasn't sealed. Tasted pretty sour as well, even though its sell by date is next week. So I had to take my pills with water, which was a struggle (I'm pretty bad at getting pills down even when tipping my body over to the left side - there seems to be more room in my throat that way) hence the yoghurt.

Edited to fix apostrophe in the wrong place.

Could the fish from last evening have upset me? May just throw the rest of it out, just in case. I do have some lamb chops in the fridge and I have plenty of pea soup, so it will probably be one or other of these for my next meal. Not hungry enough to decide just now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late morning scrambled eggs on lc toast.
Sunday lunch: roast chicken, cauliflower cheese, mashed swede, green beans with garlic and almonds. Red wine. DGF pumpkin spice latte cake.
Just now settling down with decaf coffee and a handful of Montezuma’s Absolute black buttons.

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hotel breakfast of 4 rashers bacon and 2 fried eggs. The server looked at me and said "4 rashers?" "Yes" I proudly replied back, "I have 3 hours dancing to do!"
It was quite interesting watching my dancing friends taking small bowls of cereal and fruit, and toast, then booking themselves in for a carvery lunch.
I have only had 3 spoons of smoked mackerel pate since, and that was only because the amount I made wouldn't quite fit the container, I didn't really need it.
Still quite full at 6pm but might have a burger at the cinema later, to sustain me through James Bond. Finding, since they've allowed hot food in the auditorium, that eating is the only way to not get cravings from the aromas from others foods. Allowing food in might work for the cinemas profits but its not so pleasant being in the audience.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't realise how far behind I was! Saturday 25 September bed 4.8 FBG 5.4

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast and Philly
L. 3 M&S wheaten crackers with smashed avocado. M&S seem to have quite a few crackers at 2.5g carbs per cracker.
D. Just cold cuts again. Slice of roast pork leg, slice ox tongue, wafer thin roast beef and 6 of the mini German sausage slices 1/2 avocado, santini tomatoes, lettuce, boiled egg and coleslaw.
DGF coconut and raspberry with fresh raspberries.

Sunday 26 September - bed 4.8 FBG 4.3

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L Nothing
D usual campari and soda. Prawns, lettuce and Marie Rose (needed used). Rib eye steak, mushrooms, pepper sauce and one of the veggie souffle things I got in Lidl French week.

Monday 27 September bed 4.3 FBG 4 1 (Shot up to 9.9 later for no apparent reason)

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with coronation chicken.
L Nothing
D. Using up cold meats. 1 each ox tongue, roast beef, German sausage, chicken. Coleslaw, santini tomatoes, avocado , mini mozzarella, walnut halves.

I can honestly say I am very tired. Youngest is being really obnoxious. Why is it when the eldest has turned a corner, working hard and getting over his anxiety slowly, the youngest has to go totally off the rails??

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Dr Snoddy good luck with Wednesdays review hope it reflects your walking and managing what you eat.
I did an unplanned experiment today but on reflection maybe it wasn’t the best day to choose as my bgs were already raised from my normal - wondering if that is down to yesterday’s flu vaccine as although feel absolutely fine I’ve noticed my right side neck gland is sore as is my right arm where had the vaccination.I just couldn’t resist a whole - small - quite tart apple from our community orchard, my first whole - but tiny - apple for four years since I started Keto and oh dear 90mins after it was 8.2 a real rarity for me so,although enjoyed it, think won’t repeat my experiment! I thought my very long hike may help mitigate it but you live and learn! You also can’t work out every variable maybe on another day could have had different result?
Breakfast one each of slice bacon, sausage, mushroom and egg with half a slice of low carb toast
Late lunch after long hike a small apple and a few raspberries from garden with 0% yoghurt
Dinner gin and soda water and roast chicken with cauliflower cheese followed by DGF lemon and blueberry cake.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday 28 September - bed 7.9 FBG 6.7 but BGs are over the place today - up to 11.1 back to 6.3, up to 8.9 and so on. I think I am discovering why. I suspect my gall bladder is getting problematic judging from the pains I'm getting. I know I have gall stones so will play it by ear before attempting to get into Fort Knox and see a GP.

B. Going to physio so just TAG and 1 slice of SLC toast with Philly.
L. Nothing. Horrible day and a bit of a rush to get back to get eldest for his lunch.
D. Bit poached salmon with salad.

Wednesday bed 7.6 FBG 8.2 - Another day with BGs all over the place.

B TAG and 1 slice of SLC toast with scrambled egg.
L. Nothing - just drinking loads of water to try to keep acid at bay.
D. A couple of spoonfuls of a seafood mix hubby was having with another of the LIDL souffle things - cauliflower this time. Seafood was a bad idea! Stomach worse than ever and I can't get to sleep for it now!

Thursday 30 September - bed 7.7 FBG 8 2

Stomach having its worst day yet. @Annb , I noticed you're not good either. You have my sympathy because nothing is helping me at the moment. I've finally also informed youngest grandson that I am not prepared to tolerate any more of his behaviour so, from now on, do this ....and this will happen and it will remain so until you can show consistent changes. It varies according to what he's done. I'm also not very popular with him because I've told his teacher how to deal with him in class too (and his Mum & Dad agree 100%). Personally, I reckon it's a ridiculous state of affairs that you have to give a teacher permission to confiscate items causing disruption or telling them any work not done in class send it home and it will be done as soon as he gets in. I'm beginning to wonder if stress is causing my acid issues.

B. TAG and 1 slice of SLC toast with scrambled egg.
L. Lots of water.
D. Another of these Lidl cauliflower souffle things with a piece of chicken with ham and an Emmental slice melted on it.

More water a d really struggled to get to sleep.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Thanks Shelley.
B. Black tea, black coffee. Lc toast with butter and vegemite.
1.5 hour walk, more black coffee.
L. Small piece of tortilla, 3 small crackers with butter and Comte cheese. Half a very small apple.
Snack. Nuts and an oat biscuit
D. Leftover Quorn sausage casserole and roast vege: aubergine, peppers, leek, cauliflower, sweet potato seasoned with garlic, cumin and coriander.
Strawberries and Greek yoghurt.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Started the day with a sort of LC egg McMuffin: LC roll, toasted, filled with a slice of ham, cheese and a fried egg. Very nice.
Lunch: slices of roast beef with h/m coleslaw cherry toms and a gherkin.
Dinner was egg curry. I’d found some curry sauce in the freezer ( leftover from twosleevers.com butter chicken) and having boiled a few eggs for lunches in the week it seemed a natural thing to put the 2 together. No rice or naan needed.
I have a pretendy McMuffin on my CMT

recipechampions.com/recipe/keto-sausage-mcmuffin/

Reactions: DJC3 and Antje77