What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast-----Dr ice coffee, 1 cream no sugar
Lunch----12 pm. 3/4 cup stoneyfield L/f yogurt 2 med size strawberries
Submersible plate of salad w/ 2oz chicken

Type 1D with.hypothyroidism,,epilepsy Seizures depression
A1c 6.5, 3. JMW
Geez that isn't very much food for a whole day.....:(

Reactions: 4 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast.....scrambled eggs
Lunch...Salmon, spinach, tomato and mayo
Dinner...Premium beef burger...(no bun of course)... tomato, mushrooms and a little onion...all cooked in butter
Few raspberries with No added sugar jelly

yum!! most of my favourites in there..:)

Reactions: 6 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
BF: 4 egg omelette with sauteed shallots in coconut oil and butter melted on top. A mug of single origin black coffee (Tolima, Columbia from the Caturra varietal)

D: Pan seared Norwegian salmon fillet (with skin) on a bed of sauteed long beans, green chilli and garlic cloves. some gorgeous cherry tomatoes. Butter left to melt and topped of with a generous splash of lemon infused olive oil.

Reactions: 13 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Yesterday
Breakfast greek yoghurt with berries
Lunch ham salad
Tea pork and tomato sausage with cauliflower cheese

Reactions: 7 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Could not have breakfast until 11.30am due to not being able to eat for medical reasons, but I made up for it as follows:

A very cheeky digestive biscuit because I went a bit low, followed by a crustless quiche and some houmous with pepper sticks

Late lunch: Prawn cocktail salad with avocado and olive oil dressing, 2 squares 90% dark chocolate

Tea: Another crustless quiche with half a round of goats cheese melted on top - yum, salad and avocado

Supper: A bit more 90% chocolate perhaps.......

Drinks: Loads and loads of water
What a good idea to put the goat's cheese on the top and melt it!! I shall do that today - I have a little Welsh cheese sitting looking at me... :) Thank you Tweetypie... and, by coincidence, I am also having prawn cocktail, with bacon fat home-made mayo, for supper... Salmon and asparagus for lunch.... eggs and spinach for breakfast... as long as nothing goes awry of course, as it seems to do so easily in my life... :) Have a lovely day chaps....

Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Thanks Tweety! Being American, you would not believe how many times I have had to Google words that I read on this site. :) I couldn't find coyo, though.

Last week, I finally discovered that courgette is zucchini. :rolleyes:
Hi vintage utopia... we have a similar problem here - Many years ago I had to research cilantro - before computers... :) coriander of course... You could make your own coyo I reckon - I make goat's cheese, so no reason why you couldn't... you would need to research the probiotics you'd need I suppose... hmmm... I might try it... food for thought.. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Tweetypie! Long time no see!

These are coyos.

I've bought coconut milk and cream this week, to try and make my own coconut yog.
But now I'm having doubts... Will keep you all informed. :)
Good morning Brunneria... I have just posted that very thing!! I did it before I finished reading the posts... :) I take Symprove for ulcerative colitis, very successfully thank goodness, and it is pure bacteria basically... when I make my goat's cheese with UHT milk, which is often all I can get my hands on in the Middle East - which is full of goats and sheep! - I add the Sypmprove and it eventually curdles - not as fast, I have to say, but I know it will be live at the end of the day!! And I put rock salt and garlic through it... lush...

Reactions: 3 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: Greek yoghurt full fat with 10 blueberries, cinnamon, vanilla and flaked almonds.
11: coffee and 10g 85%
D: spinach and Parmesan tortilla, salad of romaine, black olives, and a couple of baby tomatoes, in vinaigrette.
S: after yoga class, small bowl of yellow split pea soup with herbs, one mini quichelet. Unsweetened coffee pecan ice-cream
Good morning lizdeluz... what a good word for little quiches... of course, quichlet!! :)
I know you don't like sweeteners per se, but Stevia, and its derivitives, is brilliant... Truvia even lets your little cakes go brown... it is very natural, coming from leaves, and no aftertaste for me... I don't often indulge in sweet stuff, but pop it into my hot chocolate along with almond butter, butter, coconut oil, a dash of cream and pure cacao.... lush... I do admire your ability to go 'sugar' free though... :)

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
BF: 4 egg omelette with sauteed shallots in coconut oil and butter melted on top. A mug of single origin black coffee (Tolima, Columbia from the Caturra varietal)

D: Pan seared Norwegian salmon fillet (with skin) on a bed of sauteed long beans, green chilli and garlic cloves. some gorgeous cherry tomatoes. Butter left to melt and topped of with a generous splash of lemon infused olive oil.
That sounds perfect... :) Lots of inspiration, thank you msmi....

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast....fried egg in butter with a little grated cheese....coffee
Lunch.....(Not hungry)....sugar free jelly 20g piece of cheese
Dinner....2 high meat Pork sausages...2 rashers of bacon....mushrooms and tomato half a Lidl High protein roll with butter
Raspberries and jelly..............NO big spike yayyyyy :D

Not feeling so good today...tummy ache :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 1 slice of Hovis wholemeal seed sensation toast with home made chicken liver pate and gherkins.
S: 2 squares 85% dark chocolate. My taste buds have changed - had some Bournville the other day and it didn't taste very chocolaty, just super sweet.
L: Chicken curry with cauliflower rice and petit pois.
D: Probably a tuna salad with olive oil dressing.

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Breakfast one ryvita with marmite
Lunch ham salad
Tea bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes and eggs

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: eggs fried in butter
L: bacon and asparagus roasted in olive oil, jelly & cream
D: corned beef hash using mashed cauliflower, fat bomb, almond bun, a few strawberries & cream

So full!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B 2-egg frittata with cheese, tomato, corned beef & spinach. Have decided not to have corned beef any more. Apparently WW2 has ended.
L (late after allotment) Small phoopsies with cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes in spiced olive oil, ham, turkey. Pint of water.
D Smoked mackerel and beetroot salad, recipe here http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2220655/mackerel-and-potato-salad-with-lemon-caraway-dress There are several recipes online but this has fewer spuds.
I had 3 little new potatoes from the allotment but couldn't get any caraway seeds. Ate it with an ordinary mixed salad and mayo.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
B: 3 egg Omelette with goats cheese melted on top
Blueberries and extra thick cream
L: Prawn cocktail, salad with lemon dressing, avocado, small baked sweet potato with butter
2 squares 90% dark choc
T: Baked salmon in chilli sauce, salad with olive oil dressing, avocado, small sweet potato with butter
Raspberries and extra thick cream

Drinks: water and herb tea. Oh and a rather large rose spritzer.......

Reactions: 12 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
B: Greek yoghurt, 10 berries, hazelnuts today, cinnamon, vanilla.
Went for a swim
11: a Nero's caffe con panna
L: Quorn bolognese, courgetti spaghetti, Parmesan. 10g 85% Lindt.
3: 2 jelly babies to the rescue, vroom vroom!
D: Waldorf salad, 2 cheese crackers. Chai with double cream.

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 3 egg Omelette with goats cheese melted on top
Blueberries and extra thick cream
L: Prawn cocktail, salad with lemon dressing, avocado, small baked sweet potato with butter
2 squares 90% dark choc
T: Baked salmon in chilli sauce, salad with olive oil dressing, avocado, small sweet potato with butter
Raspberries and extra thick cream

Drinks: water and herb tea. Oh and a rather large rose spritzer.......

That...is....FANTASTIC!! All in ONE day? Lucky you :)

Reactions: 2 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Am trying to up my calorie intake a bit. It was a great food day though, very enjoyable!
By the way, the sweet potatoes were very small ;)