What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Christinerm . Hello. Could you give me the recipe you use for your bread or point me in the direction of where I might find it please? :)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello.
B. Raspberries and cream

L. 1 cold chicken thigh

D. 2 cold roasted chicken thigh followed but raspberries and cream. :)

I need to go shopping.

Reactions: 6 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
I need to go shopping.
I'll say. I'd be starving if that's all I had!!

B - 3 bacon with some cheddar melted on top, cholesterol-lowering yogurt drink
L - Smoked mackerel fillet with spinach, cherry toms & cashew nuts
D - 2 poached eggs, 2 pork sausages fried in butter, kale crisps & roasted pistachios. Plus a bit of yesterday's cheese sauce.

just under 1400 calories - 110g fat, 30g carb, 77 protein - perfect.

Question - how long is keto cheese sauce (double cream with cheese melted into it) good for in the fridge?

Reactions: 8 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 slices of Ugg bread toasted with almond butter
L: smoked mackerel salad (rocket, tomato, avocado, red pepper, olives, balsamic vinegar)
D: pan fried duck breast, cauliflower rice, mushrooms in cream and mustard sauce. Home made peanut butter and chocolate ice cream (was delicious :hungry:).

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Mongolia . I ordered some ugg bread after you posted about it. It came today so I haven't made it yet. I've also saved various bread is type recipes that I intend to try too. This website is brilliant for learning from other people's experiences. :)

Reactions: 2 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
D: Fish'n'chips.
On the evening of October 5 last year Mrs DeeJay & I had full-strength fish'n'chips with ketchup. An hour before the meal my BS was 4.9, unusually low for me. After two hours I clocked 12.8 with clean hands, which frightened me so much I forgot to re-test. After four and a half hours it was 6.8.
So last night we did an encore but with 2 cod, 1 chips. I took the batter off the fish and had 10 chips and a dash of ketchup.
Before eating, 5.8. Two hours after, 6.8. Three hours, 6.4. No scares there then. But a reminder to be vigilant.
Of course I had to have a boiled egg and almond bread afterwards to fill up ...

Reactions: 13 people

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone, my yesterday's menu while been out all day:

FBG 5.1
B: coffee with lactofree and coconut
S: 2 x pork rind packets
L: Mexican salad: shredded beef, lettuce, black beans, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheese.
S: 2x pork rind packets
D: Polish sausage with pickles and cabbage salad
S: slim line Gin and Tonic
S: wagamama's chicken bits with soy mirin sauce

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I had:
B/f: Half pot of full fat Greek Yogurt, (it was a bigish pot 200g) with Chia Seeds (made up with Almond milk which bulked it out) and Raspberries
Lunch: Half Lidl's HP roll topped with tuna mayo
Dinner: Roast chicken breast with stir fry veg, raspberries and cream

Worked in the garden (not too strenuous)

Bedtime reading was 6.1 and this morning hit a 7.00 :( but lost 1 lb :)

Reactions: 10 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Cafe con Leche & Croissant
L: 3x Tapas (stuffed eggplant, cod in a black squid ink sauce and Russian salad)
D: Lamb cutlets in a date sauce after a bowl of Gazpacho

FBG : was 6.2 so the increased carb load isn't killing me.

Reactions: 4 people

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to a BBQ this afternoon and I really stuffed my face, huge plateful but I think I avoided the not so good stuff, it took a lot of willpower to leave the garlic bread, sausage rolls, etc, not forgetting the trifle and gateaux but I didn't skimp on the other things.

I had pork chop, chicken drumstick, corn on the cob, loads of coleslaw, hardboiled egg, loads of salad with peppers and some little sausages, couple of handfuls of peanuts oh and a tiny bit of pork pie; I even had 2nd helping of egg, coleslaw,salad and peppers plus raspberries and strawberries with fresh cream.

Came home stuffed and shocked that BS was only 4.7. I think that's my lowest yet.

Reactions: 12 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to a BBQ this afternoon and I really stuffed my face, huge plateful but I think I avoided the not so good stuff, it took a lot of willpower to leave the garlic bread, sausage rolls, etc, not forgetting the trifle and gateaux but I didn't skimp on the other things.

I had pork chop, chicken drumstick, corn on the cob, loads of coleslaw, hardboiled egg, loads of salad with peppers and some little sausages, couple of handfuls of peanuts oh and a tiny bit of pork pie; I even had 2nd helping of egg, coleslaw,salad and peppers plus raspberries and strawberries with fresh cream.

Came home stuffed and shocked that BS was only 4.7. I think that's my lowest yet.

Was there plenty of mingling and standing involved? I find that results in lower readings for me. That's what I call really gently exercise!

From what I can see, the only thing you ate, I would be looking to have in modest portions would be the corn. We'll ignore the pork pie, as that's on my never in my lifetime list, but has been forever. Warm water pastry tastes like cardboard to me.

You're really making progress copey. Is your husband getting curious at all?

Rootitoot

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I hate people that drive selfishly/inconsiderately. Also, I hate getting up early (mainly because I sleep so badly !)
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)

Breakfast - Special K
Lunch - Bacon, Chorizo and cheese omelette
Dinner - water ! - had an upset tum so thought it better to avoid food for the evening :>(

Still getting used to managing my Type 2, so am happy when my levels are below 10 (that's what the nurse said to aim for !),,,, Did OK until the evening when it was strangely just over 11 ? !

Last edited by a moderator:

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did two separate lots of entertaining today, so a bit bad having 2 puddings!

Breakfast - whey protein pancake and choc sauce

Lunch - roast chicken with aubergine cheese bake, courgettes, with a baseless lemon and poppy seed baked cheesecake (pretty clef for a dessert suitable for everyone else) with double cream

supper - a raclette with friends, so steak, chicken and veg with cheese, plus more cheesecake and cream

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. :)

B. Raspberries and cream

L. Bacon, a sausage, a fried egg, mushrooms, half a tomato

D. Roast beef, cabbage, parsnip and gravy. Jelly with mandarin oranges.

:)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Yesterday...
B - 3 pork sausages
L - Mackerel salad with cashews and cheese sauce
D - Mushroom & spring onion omelette

I've always detested mushrooms since I was a kid, but given my new diet habits I thought I'd give them another try. Still not sold.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. :)

B. Raspberries and cream

L. 2 slices of Sukrin pumpkin seed and sunflower seed bread with small amount of cheddar with onion cheese

D. 3 chicken thighs with courgette, onion, yellow pepper and mushrooms roasted in olive oil. :)

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - friend mushrooms, streaky bacon and a couple of fried eggs
L - stir fry beef, veg and some peanuty cream sauce, slice of left over cheesecake from yesterday!
Snack - bag of pork crackling
S- stuffed pepper with some creamy chicken

Reactions: 4 people