What is your favorite food in breakfast ?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
hornplayer said:
What's schmoosli??

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

This from the Schmoosli website:

Combining oats, barley, nuts, seeds and the goodness of real fruit pieces, Schmoosli has up to a whopping 19 carefully selected ingredients designed especially to maximise health and wellbeing. Schmoosli’s super healthy varieties are low in GI to see you through the morning with sustained energy and are a great source of B Group vitamin, protein, essential fatty acids and fibre – There is no better way to start the day!

Never heard of it myself, my favorite breakfast is porridge oats with seeds, yogurt and blueberries, when I get my fasting cholesterol check done and all is well I'll have a fry-up :twisted:

hornplayer

No, love the name but not going there. Can't eat gluten.

My breakfast tends to something that fits in a little pot and is easily eaten in the car. - 1oz cheese and 100g baby plum tomatoes.

Today, being Saturday, I don't know what to have. - since going low carb I seem to have a bit of a "can't be bothered" thing going on as regards food.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I have 1 weetabix for breakfast.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
A low carb "porridge" made from ground almonds, coconut flour & milled flax seeds.

Type2_2000

I've never really been a breakfast person. In fact over the last few weeks I've been having a regular breakfast for the first time in years. However my fav breakfast is a smoothie. I buy cheap berries from the supermarket which are 'on the turn'. My fav combo is spinach, a small banana, strawberries and some milk. I love that the spinach makes it look like green slime! Very tasty though!

Reactions: lorraine95

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My favourite but I avoid it because of the spikes would be shredded wheat or weetabix, I tend to have nutella and peanut butter on burgen toast which goes down a treat, doesn't spike me more than 1.5mmol and leaves me steady,plus it keeps my choc cravings at bay! Win win

K

Kat100

I love a veggie curry which I make myself..could eat one right now.....but I ate some of my fruit crumble which turned out fine...:)

K

Kat100

Opps not for my breakfast!!!!!! Just read the subject heading....I have wheetabix with almond milk

charon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For the last few weeks have had bacon and eggs every day.
Was having mushrooms and onions with it but realised that was too much.

Hope to try weetabix or toast soon.

Before diagnosis I usually didn't do breakfast or had raisin wheats (nurse said no).

A

Anonymous

Today, two black puddings, fried tomatoes, two rashers of bacon, a fried egg and a dollop of Daddy's sauce.

LittleWolf

In Trinidad we tend to have leftovers for breakfast and my most memorable breakfasts have ranged from sea bream curry to shark noodle soup. Buljol is a salad/salsa type thing with culantro in it and it's great with a sada roti... **** that spiking bread though...

When I can, fried Herta brand frankfurters

Usually just cereal with soy milk x

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
Sorry I'm a bit gullible, can I really have bacon and eggs? Poached egg on toast? Fried tomatoes? Toast and anchor butter? and where the hell do I buy schmoosli? I can just see the look on the girls face in Tescos when I ask where the schmooosli is..

Why is it that all the tasty stuff we can't have? Ryvita - the box is more tasty. Nuts, oats an stuff just has no taste. I have a bacon and egg roll with olive oil spread the roll has all those seeds on it, they get stuck in my teeth!