What should you have learnt to do but haven't yet?

Blondie153

I was out last night and a girl brought the most unbelievable lemon drizzle cake. Reminded me that I always wanted to learn to bake but haven't yet. Any other skills you wish you had learnt?
M

Reactions: 4 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
One thing I should have done was learn to swim but never did, I'm terrified of water, I have tried by having lessons but just can't put my face to the water and I'm a little old to do it now. Another thing I wish I'd done was to learn piano. My mum played and tried to encourage us girls but we were not interested and I just think it's wonderful what comes from those black and white keys, it just took many years to appreciate 'making music'

Blondie153

Hence the fact that I am dragging my kids kicking and screaming to music and swimming lessons. Sure they can talk about me in therapy later in life.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like to be able to speak another language but never put the effort in. Some people say I should learn English first.

Reactions: 11 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I would really like to learn computer technology, haven't got the time or money.
The OH thinks I should learn to grow up!

Reactions: 7 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If I'd have seen this thread yesterday, I would have said "my tax returns which will be overdue in another day". Glad to say they were done on time.

Today, I would answer that question with "read a woman's mind" ..............................but I'll probably never learn that. Quantum physics would be easier.:D:D

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
I would really like to learn computer technology, haven't got the time or money.
The OH thinks I should learn to grow up!

Why? I'm over my three score years and refuse, there's enough grown ups already!

Reactions: 6 people

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish I'd taken more time and learnt to play the lovely guitar I own. One day I'll get round to it.

Oh, and @poohtiggy I only learnt to swim in my thirties as my son was getting to the age when he would learn to swim at school. As it is, I learnt to swim and he didn't.

Reactions: 2 people

Blondie153

If I'd have seen this thread yesterday, I would have said "my tax returns which will be overdue in another day". Glad to say they were done on time.

Today, I would answer that question with "read a woman's mind" ..............................but I'll probably never learn that. Quantum physics would be easier.:D:D
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1422659123.541723.jpg

Reactions: 8 people
C

chris lowe

One thing I should have done was learn to swim but never did, I'm terrified of water, I have tried by having lessons but just can't put my face to the water and I'm a little old to do it now. Another thing I wish I'd done was to learn piano. My mum played and tried to encourage us girls but we were not interested and I just think it's wonderful what comes from those black and white keys, it just took many years to appreciate 'making music'
Never too old to learn to swim. There are some places that do lessons spefically for the "more mature person" :)

C

chris lowe

I was out last night and a girl brought the most unbelievable lemon drizzle cake. Reminded me that I always wanted to learn to bake but haven't yet. Any other skills you wish you had learnt?
M
I do a Hairy Bakers lemon drizzle cake, but make sure you read it properly, the last one I made I forgot that I had to keep back some of the sugar for the lemon drizzle topping so it all went in the cake.

C

chris lowe

I've always wanted to learn French but I was rubbish at it at school. I was so bad that when I came 7th in a test the teaher rechecked the results as he couldn't believe it.

Reactions: 6 people

Blondie153

I do a Hairy Bakers lemon drizzle cake, but make sure you read it properly, the last one I made I forgot that I had to keep back some of the sugar for the lemon drizzle topping so it all went in the cake.
I am going to look this one up and give it a try. Thanks for the tip . I am one of these people who has all of the books but still makes the same 7 meals.

C

chris lowe

I'm the same with soup, got loads of books but still make a chilli bean soup, brocoli & stilton, and carrot :bookworm:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Well it took me almost 30 years to tell my mum to back off!! I learnt eventually that I had to tell her!!!!

Blondie153

That is so true Blondie, their heads are so full of SH..............(now it's Saturday morning Ady, be nice)....... useful information that they can't hear us when we say "just going to the pub, don't wait up".:D:D

Start the car
I'm only getting your measure over the last week or so, but I am quickly coming to the conclusion that you are bold!!

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm only getting your measure over the last week or so, but I am quickly coming to the conclusion that you are bold!!
yep, you got it in one. only because I'm this side of the monitor. I'm a good boy really:angelic::)