What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh! This sounds marvelous - are you going to post a picky of said marvel of modern measuring tech?
Will the readings be in Gaussian?
Mine has merely a spring - and a voice that shouts “get off” when I step on it.
ONE at a time ONLY perlease....Ahh the olds ones are the best ones..:hilarious:

well...IF your interested, i found this to explain the what how why
these are the very ones..

the details i shall keep to myself for the moment until i work out what needs a little tinkering, what needs some changing,
and what is outrageously off the scale..(so to speak )
sort of see it as a compliment to my bloods and the testing as in Mysugr app

Quietly impressed so far.
hooked nicely into Google Fit, so i don't need the oh so horrendous job of simply manually inputting the weight changes.

:D

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
I think my fbg of 6.8 didn't tell me anything sensible this morning. Especially as when I did the 2 hour after breakfast bs it was 5.5 which is completely the wrong way round - especially as I ate 8g of carbs. It is almost as though I have a lottery machine and the numbers came out completely randomly.
You have to laugh... or you would cry... I would anyway ;)

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Its funny how we all just get caught up in the day to day stuff and forget about 'US'
Just enjoy being and not doing.

Po
That's exactly what I am not good at doing. As my 'office ' is in my home it is very hard not to carry on working when I am at home. Which is why we always go out on a Sunday and visit National Trust Parkland because of I am at home it is too easy to switch the computer on and work.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I woke to 6.8 this morning, had 2 boiled eggs and half a slab of butter and a grind of black pepper. Then off to fight crime and now home for the L O N G weekend. WOOP! WOOP! btw. peeps my little screen now says 5.whocares... coffee and cream with cream on top and enjoy your day guys.
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That's exactly what I am not good at doing. As my 'office ' is in my home it is very hard not to carry on working when I am at home. Which is why we always go out on a Sunday and visit National Trust Parkland because of I am at home it is too easy to switch the computer on and work.
See how you fully understand what is important and more importantly do it. I love my NT membership.
Might nip out Monday to, to, spoilt for choice in Norfolk
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I am in Norfolk also. My favourites are Sheringham Park, Blickling and Oxburgh and we also like Felbrigg.
We are so lucky here in Norfolk... I adore the North Norfolk coast line. We lived in our caravan for over two years (out of choice) staying in some amazing sites all in Norfolk. Moving on to pastures new (literally) every month.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.9 at 6 am

At least it has dropped below the morning 9’s now.

Just found out it’s another bank holiday Monday, so this means every Tom, ****, and Sally and all their respective offsprings are entering the Gateway of Wales and the roads are going to be totally at gridlock again, which means us residents hide at home in our gardens all weekend...

But I managed to research online a Franciscan Monastery I can go to this morning. I planned a back route that avoids the mass exodus of people coming in on the Expressway. So I am going to investigate that this morning.

I would have gone to the holy well In Holywell again, and although I found peace there last time, a holy well without any water in it (because the water was contaminated and it hasn’t been sorted yet) just doesn’t quite cut it.

Then I shall be in my retreat (my potting shed) until mid next week away from the outside world.

So, in search of peace in this busy frenetic world today....

Take care x
>^..^<

P.S. flipping heck, this software on here now starring out innocent words as offensive words is ridiculous...
I shall try and rephrase, but ‘Every Tom, Richard, and Sally’ doesn’t quite cut it either...I use Sally instead of Harry because that expression was initially from an earlier era when it was a man’s world....I give up....
>^••^<

Remember who they were who said it was a man's world. :D Women have always known better. We're not the ones who have to go fight wars and dig ditches. And I think -- not certain, must research this -- that it was a woman who came up with the expression "Every Tom, Nick, and Harry" to mean "they're all hanging round my back door, can't beat them off with a stick." In which case I would take in the toms and the hairies and the ones nicked in battle and feed them! :)

DnDxHu3W0AIjD6J.jpg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We are so lucky here in Norfolk... I adore the North Norfolk coast line. We lived in our caravan for over two years (out of choice) staying in some amazing sites all in Norfolk. Moving on to pastures new (literally) every month.
That sounds idyllic. I love the North Norfolk coast also. Parts of the Coastal Path are really hilly - especially around Sheringham.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Remember who they were who said it was a man's world. :D Women have always known better. We're not the ones who have to go fight wars and dig ditches. And I think -- not certain, must research this -- that it was a woman who came up with the expression "Every Tom, Nick, and Harry" to mean "they're all hanging round my back door, can't beat them off with a stick." In which case I would take in the toms and the hairies and the ones nicked in battle and feed them! :)

DnDxHu3W0AIjD6J.jpg

Just done a bit research, and it seems to mean slightly different things....
I think I will stick with your words...
:):):)
Love the photograph...
>^..^<

Reactions: jjraak

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That sounds idyllic. I love the North Norfolk coast also. Parts of the Coastal Path are really hilly - especially around Sheringham.
People think that Norfolk is flat... Ha! They have never ridden a bike around Norfolk, or walked very far.

I am the founder of The 'Norfolk Mountain Rescue Team' ... No I'm not, I just made that up!
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: gennepher

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 yesterday
5.3 today
5s I'm.very happy with
Just popping on forum to touch base. Will have more time in about 2 weeks to catch up, had a quick skim through as sadly time is of the essence. Hope everyone is ok especially @PenguinMum who is having a challenging time at the moment, always there for others. Massive hugs going your way.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
ONE at a time ONLY perlease....Ahh the olds ones are the best ones..:hilarious:

well...IF your interested, i found this to explain the what how why
these are the very ones..

the details i shall keep to myself for the moment until i work out what needs a little tinkering, what needs some changing,
and what is outrageously off the scale..(so to speak )
sort of see it as a compliment to my bloods and the testing as in Mysugr app

Quietly impressed so far.
hooked nicely into Google Fit, so i don't need the oh so horrendous job of simply manually inputting the weight changes.

Looks very good and at a reasonable price (subject to it all working properly).
Keen to read your updates.
- Does it have an “unexpected item in the bagging area” function?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks very good and at a reasonable price (subject to it all working properly).
Keen to read your updates.
- Does it have an “unexpected item in the bagging area” function?

It's strictly a ONE Item ONLY, experience..

and while i'm doing it in the ONE button suit,
i'd much prefer it if you'd STAY out of my Bagging area, thank you very much.

Will update in bits as i go and get more used to it.
reviews a bit flaky, as in some are for other products :***:

a few do point out the wording can be a bit... err...extreme..and worrying..'CHUBBY.'.really..:rolleyes:

( but as pointed out we are all adults and should be able to discern the trends and good without breaking out into a panic at the mention of certain terms...;) )

But so far no surprises, apart from the Xmas day one..batteries NOT supplied...
it's 2019, ***....EVERYONE gives you batteries, these days..:banghead:

:)

Last edited:

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Me too :)
I couldn't resist it!
I wasn't going to crop that pic!
>^..^<
How many great photos are lost because people clone out stuff like that? Far too many so called photographers ruin a great shot by over post-processing it... too much saturation, overexposure, bad cropping etc. BAD 'Shop'ping' PhotoShop has a lot to answer for. Having said that I do love HDR. I take lots of photos inside Churches and dimly lit buildings or places with dark shadows and bright sun. The stain glass window you took is a great example of the window being overexposed to give the correct exposure inside the church. HDR would give all the colour of the brightly lit widow showing all its wonderful glass colours and the contrasting stone work in the bottom right shot where it is underexposed, to allow the camera to catch the window.

It needs three or four separate shots taken on a tripod, so as not to move the camera, taken at different exposures then combined in to one shot. I will post a couple of examples later.