What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Very happy with the 5.2 this morning. Yesterday was a lovely day. The little wood was so tranquil and we sat on a bench listening to the birds. The sunlight shining down through the trees was beautiful.

we then went on to have the best Sunday lunch we had ever had in our local area. It was the first time we had ever eaten there and we will definitely be going back. The dogs loved it to - especially the roast pork which was superb.

off early to Sheringham park to see the rhodedendroms. We are going early as there is a warning on the National Trust Website that they are expecting lots of people this afternoon. I think it is because they will be at their best this week.
What a treat you have in-store... Enjoy!
It's not only the amazing colours it's the smell of that scented dankness Mmmmm!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very happy with the 5.2 this morning. Yesterday was a lovely day. The little wood was so tranquil and we sat on a bench listening to the birds. The sunlight shining down through the trees was beautiful.

we then went on to have the best Sunday lunch we had ever had in our local area. It was the first time we had ever eaten there and we will definitely be going back. The dogs loved it to - especially the roast pork which was superb.

off early to Sheringham park to see the rhodedendroms. We are going early as there is a warning on the National Trust Website that they are expecting lots of people this afternoon. I think it is because they will be at their best this week.
Yesterday sounds lovely and reflects in your fbg. Today also sounds like a feast for the senses and tonic for the soul. If it is not too cheeky would you be prepared to PM me the name of the pub/eatery please as doing so here would probably be considered advertising. TIA.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG, 5.7 this wonderful morning.

A nice weekend off to share with the missus..
( well some of it.) a run out to richmond park on saturday.
View attachment 33173 View attachment 33175 View attachment 33174

Headed back to get some food,
Got mugged and who can resist a cute cat doing it..
View attachment 33176

then we ended up try to get a table in some plush vietnamese restaurant the wife has used, that evening.
restaurant empty, but fully booked up for later, sadly.

Which was fine..SO we now intended to hit stick N Bowl in kensington for a take away, and sit watch GoT again
But when we got there, seats where available, so we thought we'd go 'tourist' and pretended we were in a foreign Capital.
(considering Vietnam (ho chi minh city ) or Myanmar (ngapali beach ) for next years adventures, so good practice.

we both like Anthony Bourdain's show.(rip), and he always went as ethnic as possible, shunning the high end in favour of the 'real' foods
so we did same...in Kensington..:hilarious:

Blooming lovely..Roast duck noodle soup, and crispy ribs, green vegetables in sauce.

View attachment 33177 View attachment 33178

sadly no pic of roast noodles soup...too busy slurping it to take snap..;)
Then A nice quiet evening in each others company..Bliss.

Today, had lent car to niece's husband last nov..(i know, but we rarely use it) but got it back friday, to do some running around.

SO while Madam was off having Diner with her girlfriends, i..

* Bought a new fridge freezer to replace our old one that packed up a while back.
* Took a whole rake of clothes to the recycle tanks, as i am never seeing myself back at THAT size again.:D
* Sat in a A l-o-n-g A** queue to visit recycling centre to drop off a whole pile of old / stale paint pots that had been lurking in bathroom cupboards and such....20 minutes to just get INTO the queue..:bigtears:

and then home, to cook my own dinner (foods was supplied by the lovely Madame of the House ;))
spatchcock chicken, plus veg ,,deee liciously deliciuous..YUM :)
and All on the back of just 2 brazil nuts.. as i went OMAD today.

5.1 pre 6.9 post 2 hours..happy with that.

now off to have a sneaky bit of lindt, with my cuppa, and watch Chernobyl.

Enjoy the evening and be safe, y'all..:happy:

I do like to Spatchcock chicken - fastest way to cook a chicken - hard to beat the can method though for something really moist.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
FBG, 5.7 this wonderful morning.

A nice weekend off to share with the missus..
( well some of it.) a run out to richmond park on saturday.
View attachment 33173 View attachment 33175 View attachment 33174

Headed back to get some food,
Got mugged and who can resist a cute cat doing it..
View attachment 33176

then we ended up try to get a table in some plush vietnamese restaurant the wife has used, that evening.
restaurant empty, but fully booked up for later, sadly.

Which was fine..SO we now intended to hit stick N Bowl in kensington for a take away, and sit watch GoT again
But when we got there, seats where available, so we thought we'd go 'tourist' and pretended we were in a foreign Capital.
(considering Vietnam (ho chi minh city ) or Myanmar (ngapali beach ) for next years adventures, so good practice.

we both like Anthony Bourdain's show.(rip), and he always went as ethnic as possible, shunning the high end in favour of the 'real' foods
so we did same...in Kensington..:hilarious:

Blooming lovely..Roast duck noodle soup, and crispy ribs, green vegetables in sauce.

View attachment 33177 View attachment 33178

sadly no pic of roast noodles soup...too busy slurping it to take snap..;)
Then A nice quiet evening in each others company..Bliss.

Today, had lent car to niece's husband last nov..(i know, but we rarely use it) but got it back friday, to do some running around.

SO while Madam was off having Diner with her girlfriends, i..

* Bought a new fridge freezer to replace our old one that packed up a while back.
* Took a whole rake of clothes to the recycle tanks, as i am never seeing myself back at THAT size again.:D
* Sat in a A l-o-n-g A** queue to visit recycling centre to drop off a whole pile of old / stale paint pots that had been lurking in bathroom cupboards and such....20 minutes to just get INTO the queue..:bigtears:

and then home, to cook my own dinner (foods was supplied by the lovely Madame of the House ;))
spatchcock chicken, plus veg ,,deee liciously deliciuous..YUM :)
and All on the back of just 2 brazil nuts.. as i went OMAD today.

5.1 pre 6.9 post 2 hours..happy with that.

now off to have a sneaky bit of lindt, with my cuppa, and watch Chernobyl.

Enjoy the evening and be safe, y'all..:happy:

You have some great pics here mate. Could you please tell me where you uploaded them and how you get photos on your post.
I hope you enjoyed your 'Lindt' he said, though gritted teeth, going a fetching shade of green.
Po

Last edited:

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yesterday sounds lovely and reflects in your fbg. Today also sounds like a feast for the senses and tonic for the soul. If it is not too cheeky would you be prepared to PM me the name of the pub/eatery please as doing so here would probably be considered advertising. TIA.
Never considered the advertising aspect of what we type here. Good point.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.9 today. Had a little rain overnight so dont need to water grass seed.
@dogslife so sorry about your mum, what a shock for her and you. Hope they keep her painfree and fix the hip quickly and that you get some rest today. Best wishes to your family.@gennepher sorry to hear about your night of pain hope you get some quality rest today. @karen8967 enjoy your day off.
Have a good BH everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning...a bit nippy here so had a well deserved lie in before facing my BG meter...coffee in hand before I listen to the news of Nigel Farage conquering the world...woke to a 5.8.

Nigel who?

Reactions: gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from balmy Lands Are Grotty. A bit of sea mist this morning but set to be another scorchio.
The thing about having nine bedrooms is that you are never quite sure where people are. Luckily they are split between two floors with two wings on each floor - Mrs Miggins and I have bagged an isolated room on the upper level to reduce early morning squarking.

I am currently sat in the kitchen slurping tea. Little Miss Pamplemousse (aged 4) is wandering about with a long handled dustpan and broom doing some “tidying up” and delivering “mail”; the discarded envelopes from yesterdays birthday cards.

The two year old twins, Chaos and Mayhem, are trailing behind picking up the “mail” and putting it back in the mail bag. All three of them are wearing sun glasses, Chaos has hers on upside down because she is a fashionista. Mayhem has her doll with her, bereft of clothing because it’s hot - so why is it wrapped in a baby blanket?

Anyhow, my wheel of zeitgeist and schadenfreude spat out a begrudging 4.6 this morning, all down down to four carefully constructed events:
1. Go into town at 10am and have a full English sans carbs.
2. 50 lengths of the pool after the water has been sufficiently stirred by the goings on of 6 children, aided by a couple of adults, an inflatable crocodile, an inflatable duck, two rubber rings and something still quite unknown yet still a necessary part of the carefully constructed plan.
3. A late afternoon escape by Mrs Miggins and I down to the beach where we discovered a bar with a great view and just had to have a glass of chilled red wine and some olives. Walk there and back with a meander, about 4 miles.
4. Fish and tapas bar - had garlic prawns followed by a sort of hot plateau de fruits de mer and a nice bottle of Rioja Crianza.
5. (I know - who would have thought) - walk back from bar - kids in bed - a glass of scotch and a blather.

I shall be recommending this method to all. Far better than worrying about things you have no control over.
Have a great Monday.

Last edited:

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone from balmy Lands Are Grotty. A bit of sea mist this morning but set to be another scorchio.
The thing about having nine bedrooms is that you are never quite sure where people are. Luckily they are split between two floors with two wings on each floor - Mrs Miggins and I have bagged an isolated room on the upper level to reduce early morning squarking.

I am currently sat in the kitchen slurping tea. Little Miss Pamplemousse (aged 4) is wandering about with a long handled dustpan and broom doing some “tidying up” and delivering “mail”; the discarded envelopes from yesterdays birthday cards.

The two year old twins, Chaos and Mayhem, are trailing behind picking up the “mail” and putting it back in the mail bag. All three of them are wearing sun glasses, Chaos has hers on upside down because she is a fashionista. Mayhem has her doll with her, bereft of clothing because it’s hot - so why is it wrapped in a baby blanket?

Anyhow, my wheel of zeitgeist and schadenfreude spat out a begrudging 4.6 this morning, all down down to four carefully constructed events:
1. Go into town at 10am and have a full English sans carbs.
2. 50 lengths of the pool after the water has been sufficiently stirred by the goings on of 6 children, aided by a couple of adults, an inflatable crocodile, an inflatable duck, two rubber rings and something still quite unknown but still a necessary part of the carefully constructed plan.
3. A late afternoon escape by Mrs Miggins and I down to the beach where we discovered a bar with a great view and just had to have a glass of chilled red wine and some olives. Walk there and back with a meander, about 4 miles.
4. Fish and tapas bar - had garlic prawns followed by a sort of hot plateau de fruits de mer and a nice bottle of Rioja Crianza.
5. (I know - who would have thought) - walk back from bar - kids in bed - a glass of scotch and a blather.

I shall be recommending this method to all. Far better than worrying about things you have no control over.
Have a great Monday.
I enjoy reading your posts so much… You sir, are a wordsmith with the utmost talent for painting pictures with arranged letters on the page. I wish I had a fraction of your ability to set a two-dimensional medium in to a mindscape of technicolour surround sound.

You sound like you are all having the time of your life! The kiddewinkles will remember forever.

Enjoy you days together.

Great numbers on the ‘small screen’ by the way

Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A 4.3 greets me on my testery thingy.
I’m Up and ready to attack the day
Looks outside there’s rain!
Grizzly miserable rain.
Rapid change of plans..
4.3 Woop! woop! Great stuff
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
12.9 oh well some you win some you lose

Have a good day
Its taking part that is all important... Giving up is NOT an option. That is why you keep posting here. So in my book C you are a winner. Unlike the losers who join up, never read any of the important information here, nor make any attempt to change their way of eating or their lifestyle.

Have a nice relaxing bank hols old mate.
Po

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Little quote for today
FB_IMG_1556261926160.jpg