What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Just got home at 5am after spending all night in A&E with mum. Had set off for an over- night's break in Wales. Mum's carer rang us at 6pm last evening to say she'd found mum on the bedroom floor and she couldn't get up. We set off home immediately and stayed in touch by phone when the ambulance arrived and we drove straight to the hospital where we spent most of the time in the corridor with mum in a long queue of trolleys. Her x-rays showed a broken hip. We spoke to the surgeon before we left a short while ago and she will be discussed at a meeting later today. They gave her morphine and she was settled before we left. My fbs was 9.4.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.5 at 5am

Dawn streaked her red across the sky and woke me up, but then she pulled the soft grey clouds over her and went back to bed.

I have had a bad night’s sleep. Like I was trampled over by a herd of elephants. Every joint was agony. I couldn’t even stand without keeling over. I have not had it that bad for long long time.

I have no idea what triggered that off last night. I did take a blood glucose reading, to check, and that had gone up to nearly 12.

Am making another cuppa tea and going back to sleep.

>^..^<

Last edited:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, 5.8 on the dice, lovely day out in Derbyshire with grandson and eldest granddaughter, shocking day diet wise so happy to take the 5.8, back to the daily grind today.
Have a lovely bank holiday people.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10.5 at 5am

Dawn streaked her red across the sky and woke me up, but then she pulled the soft grey clouds over her and went back to bed.

I have had a bad night’s sleep. Like I was trampled over by a herd of elephants. Every joint was agony. I couldn’t even stand without keeling over. I have not had it that bad for long long time.

I have no idea what triggered that off last night. I did take a blood glucose reading, to check, and that had gone up to nearly 12.

>^..^<

Oh sad for you hope you get some sleep soon

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite a compliment, from such a prolific writer herself.
thank you @Debandez

(truth be told i write... a lot ...but i can't stop editing .... :rolleyes::sorry: )
I have the same confession funnily enough. Love a good edit! Especially if it's a funny one!

EDIT
just wanted to add this haha

Reactions: gennepher

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
It's not getting any better.the runners in the national are....... quite honestly a national disgrace!
What is the world coming to? Everywhere you look there is political unrest. I pray for the day when people say... "ENOUGH"

photo

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@dogslife so sorry to hear about your mum. @gennepher hope you do get back to sleep and those joints feel the benefit. 5.6 for me today @ 5.30 so outside the safe zone - not by much but still outside. As to why, not really clear - not food/carb related. Best to count my blessings that the mystery didn't do more damage and move on. UK weather not looking great but a fair few of you good people seem to always take the sunshine with you so to speak.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all. Just got home at 5am after spending all night in A&E with mum. Had set of for an over- night's break in Wales. Mum's carer rang us at 6pm last evening to say she'd found mum on the bedroom floor and she couldn't get up. We set off home immediately and stayed in touch by phone when the ambulance arrived and we drove straight to the hospital where we spent most of the time in the corridor with mum in a long queue of trolleys. Her x-rays showed a broken hip. We spoke to the surgeon before we left a short while ago and she will be discussed at a meeting later today. They gave her morphine and she was settled before we left. My fbs was 9.4.
I am so sorry to hear your news. My Mother did the same thing. It is amazing what can be done today compared with just a few years ago.
Holding you your family and mum in my thoughts
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
10.5 at 5am

>^..^<
Oh! poor Gen. A cuppa can work wonders. I pray you wake up refreshed and ready and rearing to go. Have a restful Bank Holiday
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning folks, 5.8 on the dice, lovely day out in Derbyshire with grandson and eldest granddaughter, shocking day diet wise so happy to take the 5.8, back to the daily grind today.
Have a lovely bank holiday people.
Morning Tricky. 5.8 That is not to shabby at all.
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I have the same confession funnily enough. Love a good edit! Especially if it's a funny one!

EDIT
just wanted to add this haha
Oh the irony! I love it when we can mock ourselves. ;)

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@dogslife so sorry to hear about your mum. @gennepher hope you do get back to sleep and those joints feel the benefit. 5.6 for me today @ 5.30 so outside the safe zone - not by much but still outside. As to why, not really clear - not food/carb related. Best to count my blessings that the mystery didn't do more damage and move on. UK weather not looking great but a fair few of you good people seem to always take the sunshine with you so to speak.
The sun is up here in Norfolk and keeping the clouds at bay at the moment... Long may it continue.
5.6 nice number to see any morning in my book. (which is looking the same now for several weeks thankfully)

Reactions: gennepher

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@dogslife feel for your stress with your mum. I trust that the hospital meeting comes to a speedy decision and that your mum is soon pain free.
5.0 at 6 this morning. Sky is grey but what else would it be it is Bank Holiday Monday. No plans for trips out hopefully a bit of garden work dogs permitting.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
So after reading a few posts and sticking myself with a dull lancet (I think its time I changed it cos. that hurt a tad.) I count down in time with the meter 5 4 3 2 1.... well? well? with blood still oozing from my self inflicted wound.. 5.3 Yea!

Who needs insulin? Thankfully it seems, still not me at the moment.

Po

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very happy with the 5.2 this morning. Yesterday was a lovely day. The little wood was so tranquil and we sat on a bench listening to the birds. The sunlight shining down through the trees was beautiful.

we then went on to have the best Sunday lunch we had ever had in our local area. It was the first time we had ever eaten there and we will definitely be going back. The dogs loved it to - especially the roast pork which was superb.

off early to Sheringham park to see the rhodedendroms. We are going early as there is a warning on the National Trust Website that they are expecting lots of people this afternoon. I think it is because they will be at their best this week.