What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...I see they rolled out Michael Gove out this morning the news still isn't good but his delivery is better than Bozo the clown...so my first official day being one of the risk groups as we all are but with careful social distancing we can do our best to get through this...heart goes out to those really on the front line lets hope they get all the equipment they need I'd be happy to drive those lorries wherever...a friend who lives opposite The Royal Free Hospital tells me lorries are arriving 'by the dozen'...BG 6.9 temperature is 36.1...keep safe everyone.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Straight 6.0 this morning with a body temp of 35.9

I'm waiting for a call from her ladyship who has planned an outing, my intent is to refuse and see what happens :)

Not the first time that reference has been used ;), the soundtrack of the film is what got me really interested in the music of Queen. My diversity is all down to being autistic and having some of the talents and misfortunes that go with it. I was dealt and extreme life and it's been an interesting journey, however the darkness was always balanced by the light, and the pain always soothed by the joy.

I gave you a winner rating for your outlook on life. A hug for all that you have had to deal with but conquer.

But still believe really you are just one of the immortals and your just putting us off the scent. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
NO not useless boring or embarrassing OBB...they want to do it for you it's important for them to be able to offer support one of the few ways they can I've no doubt they will be extremely careful...I understand your concerns of course we're all worried about putting our loved ones in jeopardy however they must be so worried about you both think about it for a day or so.
Thanks @HarryBeau I am having to accept this but still trying to help by shopping online so they only have to collect. At the moment though this seems impossible. Take care.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all, Fbg 5.0. Looks like I will have a bit more time now as daughter’s partner has been sent home from work with a cough. We think it’s probably just residual from the horrible cold she had a couple of weeks ago, but have to take the advice and self isolate for 14 days.
My volunteering has had to be put on hold, but there are a few other people doing it so hopefully the others can pick up my slack until I can get back.
Family stuff continues, thank goodness for whatsapp video links. We are going to try this cooking together thing when we can decide what to make ( on FaceTime/ WhatsApp/ Zoom or whatever ) - you all cook the same thing at the same time while chatting to eachother then sit down to eat together but apart!)
Now to catch up on missed posts.....
Brilliant idea!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had never looked into this thread because of the title and because it needs so little, if any, moderating to catch my attention :)
Had I known that 'Full on chat and if you like you can mention your fasting bg as well' would be a more apt title I would've taken a look before someone tagged me ;)
My fasting bg isn't very relevant to me. Not sure what it was this morning, Libre is lying but I didn't do a fingerprick because I had to jump out of bed to catch my neighbours sheep who were walking on the road without said neighbour. Just now, still semi-fasted (coffee with a dash of milk) it was 6.7 by fingerprick and 4.6 according to Lying Libre. High enough for a small correction dose but I want to go buy guinea pig food by car so I'll leave it as it is to make sure not to drop too much when I'm on my way.

Picture of my neighbours naughty sheep for attention!

90491481_10220175626415218_4740754046279745536_o.jpg
I had a lying libre last time and it appears my new sensor is playing silly games too! I'm beginning to think it's my mobile. My mobile is full of rubbish. I have a new Samsung 20 at the ready but clearing stuff off this before I transfer data. May start using my reader with my next sensor.

This is such a wonderful thread isnt it? Literally anything goes, we have to try and remember to add fbs most of the time :) well I do anyway!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ready to take lauren to work to join all those other essential workers.
doctors
nurses
builders of next doors extention.
makers of trainers

un f******* beleiveable

coming to the conclusion that
A. they want us dead.
OR
B. they do NOT have a Scoobies what the F*** they are doing

TOO many are in the Sports direct situation
where some safe, cossetted GREEDY BOSS, thinks his product/business IS THE Most essential
so forcing workers in to the offices or places of employment

and all because they do NOT know if they will get paid or
be classed as dismissing themselves as not turning up for work.so stuck on ssp
not the 80% of salary..if bosses choose.

absolute fiasco..desperate people left in the dark, unnecessarily spreading the virus

LEADERSHIP and leadership NOW, is what we need

IF we don't get clarity and clear instruction all that we do, all of it is for nothing.

OMG, why would any one self isolate. if thousands can see non essential is now the new essential..:banghead::banghead::banghead:
How could the police possibly cope with large crowds secing this is just utter B******
so lets go out with a bang

piers morgan turning into my superhero.

discussing with Gove why, why, why and getting NO answer
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/t...w-Piers-Morgan-coronavirus-lockdown-itv-video

Worried confused and with growing despair at the handling of all this
Too late too late , little clarity and NO plan...

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure what I did there but if the food is still missing and limited to 3 items by 7th April I will gave used up my reserves here and seriously in trouble. We are trying to eat less but it is q real problem. No 1 son tells me looking at the trading figures for rhe big 4 they are stocking and selling phenominal amounts of food yet we are all struggling at this early stage. I think we will end up with ration books because very soon vulnerable folk will be hungry and thats no way to fight a virus.
Supermarkets are doing a storming trade. In my local Aldi (which is very well stocked) the cashier said they alone are up £20k a day.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At the moment though this seems impossible.
I've trawled all the online shopping providers nothing at all I'm going to take a wander down to our local Tesco express...then may drive to the nearest larger store...I will be wearing my disposable gloves and taking my hand gel & measuring tape (extendable) woe betide anyone that comes within 2.5 metres!!!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
and all because they do NOT know if they will get paid or
be classed as dismissing themselves as not turning up for work.so stuck on ssp
not the 80% of salary.
I agree this needs to be addressed urgently you cannot exclude 5 million people arbitrarily as they have do many of them feel betrayed excluded yes I certainly do.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 @PenguinMum @Muddy Cyclist and everyone else self-isolating at home ...
If you think it's bad being stuck in the same house with your loved ones ...

opossum_youngcmykrgb.jpg

Thanks to @Robbity who posted it in this thread:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/animal-a-z.120745/page-68#post-2236870

Come and play! :)
My son has been going mad for a dog for years but we refused as we didnt think it fair on the dog as we were out all day. Having serious discussions currently! I'm thinking now is still not a good time for other reasons. Never seems to be an ideal time for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm waiting for a call from her ladyship who has planned an outing, my intent is to refuse and see what happens :)
Hmmm
Refuse. Because otherwise it is going to be just one more trip, just one more trip...unless of course it is for vital food etc.
And the more people that go out today and next few days (even though they need vital food supplies etc because we have all been dropped in deep doodah), then the longer this 3weeks gets extended or more draconian measures implemented.
Just my thought OBB

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Supermarkets are doing a storming trade. In my local Aldi (which is very well stocked) the cashier said they alone are up £20k a day.
I live 5/6 miles from a supermarket in both directions so asking someone to shop for me is a big ask specially when they continue to be badly stocked. Friend whose son works in one of their head offices said some foods such as fresh chicken may be missing for weeks. Our Son lives an hours drive away and is going to do a physical shop for us once a week, Bless him, but last week struggled big time to get even 50% of our requirements though he was very creative with alternatives. The single biggest frustration for me in all this is the supermarkets handling of this, just not good enough. These CEOs get paid a King’s ransome so about time they earned it. I am glad your Aldi has good stock Debs because there isenough to worry about.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So I'm late on show again with my daily art, days suddenly seem to be 26 hours long. Still on the @OldButBold souls lost at sea this is the idea for the second of my paintings. Colour Pencil alittle larger than A4 took 12 minutes. Wisps of mist for this one, moonlight for yesterday's, thumbnail included, I will try one more but with the lost souls in the sea.
View attachment 39652
Yesterday's lost souls
View attachment 39653

What a life full of excitement, danger and survival you have led @OldButBold Then all that knowledge and wisdom and many professions, have you been around since the beginning of time are you the real Highlander? Obviously not Tithonus as you are far too spritley.
I do love your souls lost at sea paintings. They are very atmospheric.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
24-03-2020
6.45am FBG 5.1
Another day of digging. Might be the last of the big push to get more ground under cultivation. Spoke to some neighbours ( social distancing approx 3 metres.) They clearly didn't believe the vegetable bed expansion was previously planned. Only after they had gone did i realise that having saved bags of leaves to dig into newly turned ground is proof of intent last autumn. Have decided not to visit local market today. We will manage without salad for a few more days. Or go to different market tomorrow. After that it's shops only.
@dunelm I recommend dock leaves for toilet roll substitute. Am sure someone will come up with a wittisism on that subject.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so forcing workers in to the offices or places of employment
One of my sisters works for a supplier of Motorbikes in the office admin staff, she rides a Harley, they have had two office staff confirmed C19 cases and still they insist the office staff go to work. :banghead:

Her husband is a rep for another motorbike/scooter supplier and he's been told to work from home.

Need sorting!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all doing the right thing.
Here is the text I received yesterday from the NHS make what you will of it......

NHS Coronavirus Service: We have identified that you're someone at risk of severe illness if you catch Coronavirus. Please remain at home for a minimum of 12 weeks. Home is the safest place for you. Staying in helps you stay well and that will help the NHS too. You can open a window but do not leave your home, and stay 3 steps away from others indoors. Wash your hands more often, for at least 20 seconds.
Read more advice about staying safe at home.
https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable-guidance
We will send you more messages with information.
To opt out reply STOP

Their is a fair amount of information in the links.
I have been in lock down for approximately a week this just confirms things for me and Mrs J.

Oh and my blood sugars were a low 5.0 this morning.

Have great day folks.