1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alien Aspie, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Not yet opened the box to make a start. Painting our back at the moment. Whitewashing walls, jetwashing etc. While weather good. Next week I'm hoping.

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Funny to this audience but may not be playing as well generally. Politics is still what Hobbes described: some people get to tell others what to do. Clearly,plenty like what he says and does - I don't agree with him or Johnson but we and USA have elections and the winners get to rule the roost.

So far, polls suggest Trump is getting a bump like George W Bush after the 11 September 2001 terrorist attacks. A Gallup survey published on Tuesday showed 60% of Americans gave him positive reviews for his handling of the coronavirus outbreak, and his overall approval rating matched the highest point in his presidency, at 49%, included rises among independents and even Democrats. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/26/coronavirus-donald-trump-triumph-or-disaster

• Informative Informative x 7
  3. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.8 on 27th
    5.6 on 26th
    5.4 on 25th

Libre seems to be working well. All may go the shape of a pear when I activate my new Samsung 20. Still going through old stuff and deleting.

Yesterday we worked on the top of our kitchen extension. Making it into our penthouse suite balcony (massive exaduration! We live in an end terraced house!). False grass, zero gravity chairs, 2 new cordalines, in nice tubs with beautiful solar lights. Bought steps so we can climb out of our bedroom window and down the other side (plan is to fit patio window when all this is all over). If you could see us both struggling to get out you would indeed laugh! It's going to be a nice spot for catching some rays in self isolation.

Today we are painting the walls in our back garden/yard. Freshening things up while the weather is good. Jetwashing Indian flagstone I feel will be theraputic!

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  4. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 7
  5. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Yes - I totally agree - that mask would save thousands of lives. It's actually really funny but also very sad because it will never happen.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Krystyna23040

It will be interesting to see if that does hsppen.

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good morning all :)

4.4 today

managed to get a bit of outdoor gardening yesterday :joyful: plus a short walk

tried out a dish of augmented braised cabbage ( added fried bacon, garlic, peppers and sliced leek braised with butter and a touch of chicken stock),together with some jarred hot dog sausages yesterday, not our usual fodder (to put it mildly), but we decided to try it because we happened to find some in the cupboard (bought for visitors at mum's last year).

Interesting and fairly tasty but I hope the sausages don't have to make it to the menu too often :hilarious: We'll reward ourselves with a chicken curry tonight ;)

job for this, so far, sunny day is perhaps a bit more gardening and then some work with our scanner (pictures), an easy but slightly tedious and time consuming job :angelic:

Good wishes for your families and conitinued health and I hope your day is treating you kindly:)

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Krystyna23040

Please keep posting your art. It really does look like a painting of Lost Souls. You can feel the sadness.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
  9. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. ianpspurs

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #22470 ianpspurs, Mar 27, 2020 at 11:31 AM
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  11. Krystyna23040

Food shopping done. Shelves full again at both Tesco and Aldi. People seem to be taking this way more seriously than last week. Absolutely everyone was correctly self distancing.

This was made possible because both supermarkets were strictly limiting how many people were allowed in.

We have enough milk for me to make kefir until next Sunday so don't have to go into a supermarket for over a week. I must admit that shopping didn't feel quite so risky as it did last week. Even so it is still the riskiest thing we are doing at the moment.

• Winner Winner x 10
  12. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Potentially may make them all take this more seriously.

so some good to come out of the news.

Was that clap last night.. rishie rich being sensible or knew and Poo-ing himself ?

either way, still just a human being like all of us.

Get better soon Boris.

• Agree Agree x 9
  13. Alien Aspie

Alien Aspie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

So did I, posted it to Agolf Twitler's account but I doubt he will 'see' it thru' his blinkers :)

• Funny Funny x 10
  14. Alien Aspie

Alien Aspie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Here's my prediction. Boris will miraculously recover in short shrift (as will Trumpf when he gets it) and declare that the virus isn't that bad after all so let's open shop again :bag:

This is only partly tongue in cheek ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Ryhia

Ryhia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Was wondering if I should try to make some masks then read of all the counterfeit ones being made in Turkey and realized that t
    Planted some tomato seeds this morning, old stock so not sure if they will germinate. May look in the fridge to see what other veg I've got that I can try growing. Know I have some courgettes, aubergines, peppers and chillies which if they germinate should be ok to grow in the sunroom. Will be an interesting experiment. Hubby might be unhappy that I am nicking his compost but needs must. And he is welcome to grow some potatoes in the garden if he likes. He actually prefers to grow flowers so thinking about that, I know there are a few nasturtium seeds we didn't use last year and the pansies are already growing in the garden so some salad possibilities. May need to go savaging for nettles Gennepher, they should be really fresh and young at the moment so good for eating. :happy:

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Ryhia

Latency of my internet grabbed the posts about Boris so just finding that out. Can see it on tv now. They are talking about as a national crisis but I think the NHS not having the equipment they need is a national scandal.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. Ryhia

BJ Obviously not been practising social distancing.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. ianpspurs

On a human level I pray he recovers and as many have been saying I feel for his pregnant partner Carrie. Otherwise, this is a non story which a more cynical person would say has been confected to distract from the shortage of PPE and ventilators.

• Agree Agree x 8
  19. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Like Alan Krumwiede in the film Contagion.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Agree best wishes to him and anyone with the virus but it cant be two weeks since he said he shook hands with everyone in a hospital. Assume he washed his hands but you know still reckless.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook