What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 is the what - allowing for margin of error. The how may be neither sustainable nor desirable long term. I doubt leafy salad and avocados can withstand the pressure on a convoluted supply chain short to medium term. I doubt 1 salad a day and becoming frail is a great survival strategy or an especially helpful way to protect our NHS anyhow. That doesn't mean allowing bg to run riot which will help neither me nor NHS. Plenty of time to think right now. Great artwork @gennepher @Muddy Cyclist (quite brave? to share self portrait) and @geefull. Sister? Best I can do is sisters x several from White Christmas (yes its is Passiontide but my clock went forward too far :angelic:) This clip has a certain chortle factor one feels.
Brilliant clip, showmanship at its best. Good chuckle.

These feel reckless times, so recklessly I hung my self portrait on the threads gallery wall. Thank you for your compliments re @gennepher and my efforts.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your compliments re @gennepher and my efforts.
The thanks is all mine for your sharing of your gifts rather than hoarding or using merely for personal gain. Hopefully, you can both share your work here and profit from your talent. Artwork obviously gives you both, and I assume @geefull , great joy.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just looking at today's Corona Virus figures. What concerns me is how slow the recovery period is. They have been monitoring since January and according to the figures only 135 have officially recovered, yet they say the isolation period is only a couple of weeks. Hmm! Can't quite work that one out.

Hi Rhyia, the isolation period covers how long you are possibly contagious i.e. able to contaminate with an active virus. As the body fights the virus it diminishes it's immune system etc and to get back to normal is then the recovery period. The recovery period is unique to each case depending on the immune systems, ability to heal, comorbid disorders like diabetes, COPD, heart disease etc.

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: karen8967 and Ryhia

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Rhyia, the isolation period covers how long you are possibly contagious i.e. able to contaminate with an active virus. As the body fights the virus it diminishes it's immune system etc and to get back to normal is then the recovery period. The recovery period is unique to each case depending on the immune systems, ability to heal, comorbid disorders like diabetes, COPD, heart disease etc.

I hope I have read you right @OldButBold. Like injured sportspeople - self defined however they want - repair or treatment to return to some kind of normal doesn't mean full recovery. Regaining fitness and eventually top level competitiveness is a longer process requiring careful management. The population at large don't usually have that luxury, especially women who tend to bear the biggest burden in caring for others. Is that a correct reading of your post?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.2 for me today.

I don't know why but this song popped into my mind, my father used to sing it to me and my sisters,...

'I'm busy doing nothing, nothing the whole day through.
Trying to find lots of things not to do.
I'm busy going nowhere isn't it just a crime.
I try to be unhappy but never can find the time'

Edit it might be ' I would like to be unhappy' will have to Google.

Take care.
A Connecticut Yankee In The Court Of King Arthur

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I cant think of anything at the moment except Sister Sledge. So here is an alternative

Three Sisters Mountain Range, Oregon.

Edited to Add Just listening to Sister Sledge songs as I didn't know many of them, I think I am going to learn quite a lot of music I am not familiar with in the coming days. I've never really listened with any real intent for around 40 years. Going to be interesting - Like it.

GORGEOUS Picture .. Brightened my day

And the music etc. Yeah.. Every day now is a school day ... Like that you like it :D

Have as good a day as possible. @Ryhia

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just remembered the Seven Sisters in The Blue mountains in Australia that I visited many years ago. https://www.bing.com/images/search?...0BD4CB947BD2C0ECF53C0816BE03402F0&FORM=IQFRBA
Have posted a link.
Gosh, that reminded me of The Old Man of Storr, only a year ago Mrs MC and I clambered to this same spot to take many photos similar to this one.
IMG_2818.JPG

There I is plateau from which this shot can be taken, most tourists walk to where the well trodden path stops and never actually see this angle, well worth the extra effort.

Edit and here we are halfway up to plateau
IMG_2819.JPG

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a moist and breezy dark and dangerous north with displays of raindrops where each one is quite easy to discern - oh gloom!

The wonder wheel of a lost hour and then rushing about to lay on the sofa all day came in at 4.7 this am

Day 8 of not going out but stocks of koffy are still OK. The 22 yard running, nay staggering, track round the kitchen and dining room is getting a bit boring so I have upped the ante with music and audio books courtesy of YouTube - don’t glance at the screen, you might bump into furniture and get a poorly knee.

Spam - we had spam fritters with eggs yesterday on a bed of something made out of mushrooms, peas, crumbled feta and mint. - Well you can’t just have spam fritters on their own, that’s child food and comes with music by Monty Python.

"SISTER, sister, go to bed!
Go and rest your weary head."
Thus the prudent brother said.

"Do you want a battered hide,
Or scratches to your face applied?"
Thus his sister calm replied.

"Sister, do not raise my wrath.
I'd make you into mutton broth
As easily as kill a moth"

The sister raised her beaming eye
And looked on him indignantly
And sternly answered, "Only try!"

Off to the cook he quickly ran.
"Dear Cook, please lend a frying-pan
To me as quickly as you can."

And wherefore should I lend it you?"
"The reason, Cook, is plain to view.
I wish to make an Irish stew."

"What meat is in that stew to go?"
"My sister'll be the contents!"
"Oh"
"You'll lend the pan to me, Cook?"
"No!"

Moral: Never stew your sister.
Lewis Caroll.

Koffy is calling - and koffy has no concept of time skips

Reactions: HarryBeau

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope I have read you right @OldButBold. Like injured sportspeople - self defined however they want - repair or treatment to return to some kind of normal doesn't mean full recovery. Regaining fitness and eventually top level competitiveness is a longer process requiring careful management. The population at large don't usually have that luxury, especially women who tend to bear the biggest burden in caring for others. Is that a correct reading of your post?

Precisely. I have had a certain fascination with recovery times having had polio as a child. I suffered an injury playing rugby at school and remember the doctor saying that I should take it easy as I hadn't recovered yet from polio. To look at me now you would never know, but I have a missing quad on the left so technically I am still in recovery because I am not as I was prior to the condition :)

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hopefully the report I have just read in Thursday's 'i' is correct - that the immense effort that scientists are making, plus dropping some of the 'red' tape will result in a vaccine being made available in 6 months.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Helps a great deal thank you.

Reactions: jjraak