What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OldButBold challenge accepted, thinkg cap on..

@Antje77 ..nice thansk for sharing.

and @Muddy Cyclist ..lovely pic, must visit and see for myself when all this is over.

and yes, please post in on different strands or the same. book film song etc
i think the more the merrier, sort of principal

in a normal day the FBG topics fill my free hours, so the rest would just be a distraction from the main topic.
but right now, the free hours have increased for us all dramatically
so lets make use, and find new ways to share new things to listen to or watch.
and we all know each other so little posted will be of the other more eh hum, "Dubious nature"
so much on the web CAN be.

( i remember doing homework with steph, sat beside me as i was helping her.
Mary queen of Scots,..... sounded SO innocent when i typed it into Google...:wideyed::woot:...

think steph still has the imprint from me covering her eyes in rapid fashion..:hilarious:

Tho to be fair it was a lovely leather suit the ladies was 'almost' wearing*..:bag::banghead:
Think she might have been a Newcastle fan, obviously cold yet still topless...bless

(*had to look again by way of explaining to missus, why steph was now shocked and not doing homework that evening .)

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
mary queen of scots,..... sounded SO innocent when i typed it into Google...:wideyed::woot:...

think steph still has the imprint from me covering her eyes in rapid fashion..:hilarious:

Tho to be fair it was a lovely leather suit the ladies was 'almost' wearing..:bag::banghead:
Think she might have been a newcastle fan, obviously cold yet still topless...bless
Google tends to remember the sort of things you google. Of course I tried and am a bit disappointed to only encounter boringly decent pictures. So now I'm wondering what sorts of things are being googled in your household on a regular base :angelic:

91038678_10220265781229032_6872335908578787328_o.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just had this text off a friend and I have NO idea if it is true or if it is spam...

"This is a text from an NHS worker
As of tomorrow, 28/03/20 do not leave home for bread for anything! Because the worst begins tomorrow as the incubation date is met and many people that are positive with the virus start to peak!! It’s at this time other people are most vulnerable! so it is very important to stay home and not to be in contact with anybody, even members of your family if possible!! Being very careful is very important and very crucial at this time!!
As from tomorrow we are going to see the start of the peak of those that are positive, then there will be two weeks of calm and then two weeks where it decreases.
* What happened in Italy is that they neglected the contagion period and that is why all the cases turned out together and so badly, plus they didn’t know what they were dealing with *.
* And finally, please do not receive visits from anyone, not even from the same family. This is all for the good of all. *
WE WILL BE IN THE MAXIMUM STAGE OF INFECTION.
* DO NOT HOLD ON TO THIS MESSAGE, PASS IT ON TO ALL YOUR CONTACTS *"

I REPEAT: I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS IS TRUE OR IF IT IS SPAM
But I am passing it on.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Because the worst begins tomorrow as the incubation date is met and many people that are positive with the virus start to peak!!

I wouldn't worry about this too much Gennepher, it assumes that everyone caught the virus at the same time which, of course, they didn't. So peak incubation times will vary based on when they contracted the virus. Also, the timing is between 2-15+ with 28 days as the current top limit, so it would be very difficult for a systematic peak like that ;)

Every day is a peak day, play by the rules :):nurse:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I just had this text off a friend and I have NO idea if it is true or if it is spam...

I think it makes much more sense to share the page with official and daily updated guidelines than messages like these.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wouldn't worry about this too much Gennepher, it assumes that everyone caught the virus at the same time which, of course, they didn't. So peak incubation times will vary based on when they contracted the virus. Also, the timing is between 2-15+ with 28 days as the current top limit, so it would be very difficult for a systematic peak like that ;)

Every day is a peak day, play by the rules :):nurse:
Okay, thanks very much @OldButBold

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

As of tomorrow, 28/03/20 do not leave home for bread for anything! Because the worst begins tomorrow as the incubation date is met and many people that are positive with the virus start to peak!! It’s at this time other people are most vulnerable! so it is very important to stay home and not to be in contact with anybody, even members of your family if possible!! Being very careful is very important and very crucial at this time!!
As from tomorrow we are going to see the start of the peak of those that are positive, then there will be two weeks of calm and then two weeks where it decreases.
* What happened in Italy is that they neglected the contagion period and that is why all the cases turned out together and so badly, plus they didn’t know what they were dealing with *.
* And finally, please do not receive visits from anyone, not even from the same family. This is all for the good of all. *
WE WILL BE IN THE MAXIMUM STAGE OF INFECTION.
* DO NOT HOLD ON TO THIS MESSAGE, PASS IT ON TO ALL YOUR CONTACTS *"

I REPEAT: I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS IS TRUE OR IF IT IS SPAM
But I am passing it on.

yeah doing the rounds.

Not that encouraging
DO NOT HOLD ON TO THIS MESSAGE..hardly sounds like an English was of saying
do not ignore..

But yeah, it's probably good -ish advise.
time line matches govt and scientific expectations..

and as for moving on in to the danger zones.

i think of of it as radioactive pellets, each of put out some as we move around
which we deal with year after years (aka germs)

only now some are spraying in their wake, this new radio active waste pellets we have no protection against..
so staying in, keeping your distance if needed to go out, those pellets increase day by day as more become infected and unknowingly spread the disease.

so each day brings more chance of coming into contact with some one who has this..

we can't avoid some outside events.

you'll find i think that many will adopt more precautions if venturing out as the numbers mount.
which weirdly will protect us all.

less germs so we don't get sick of every day germs
and fewer risking the trips out.

Much talk of those walking and running miles.
trips in the car to beauty spots to enjoy the solitude,
just run counter to defeating this.

come the testing protocols..(please god)
hotpots will shine out.
so a block or a street or an area, will let the powers address and quarantine a particular area
so protecting all the others.

harder to do as long as we allow some to roam far and wide.

saw a car from Birmingham, was turned around at Cornwall and told to go back to Birmingham
access to Cornwall denied.

so all in.
maybe spam
but probably good advice.
for many.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think it makes much more sense to share the page with official and daily updated guidelines than messages like these.

Whilst I agree on principle the function of this thread is to accept free expression, which is why it is one of the most popular threads on the site. The only rule is that there is no rule outside of accepting that what you write can be questioned or taken to task if someone thinks differently.

The power of freedom of expression is what allows us to seek the truth, simply quoting an authority does not in and of itself represent any singular reality. We identify falsehoods by bringing them forward and examining the logic of what is presented :)

Reactions: geefull and Antje77

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Much talk of those walking and running miles.
trips in the car to beauty spots to enjoy the solitude,
just run counter to defeating this.
Thank you for your considered reply @jjraak
It does worry me that people are using this as a holiday to go out.
And to intermingle.
The couple next door has their daughter and grandchildren visiting most days for all day, and they are playing with other children in the road. Other houses are the same. This doesn't feel like people are taking self isolation or social distancing seriously..

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for your considered reply @jjraak
It does worry me that people are using this as a holiday to go out.
And to intermingle.
The couple next door has their daughter and grandchildren visiting most days for all day, and they are playing with other children in the road. Other houses are the same. This doesn't feel like people are taking self isolation or social distancing seriously..

Which is why the measures won't really work as well as expected.
People won't really listen until it's personal,, sadly

The saying we are two weeks behind italy (spain germany france etc)
rings so very true.

Their regimes gets tighter.. the less we listen here, the tighter ours get until we DO listen
Because as long it's not one of ours, our parents or kids..it's all ok.
sad fact., but true none the less.

the 'It's just flu' have been outed.
the worry now is the current trend of 'how many die every day'

does it really matter ?

Can't remember that last time a car crash victim caused a doctor to become a
car crash victim and possibly die as well., or any of those with other illnesses.

If you die of Covid, it doesn't matter if you die OF or WITH..you DIE.

and if that isn't enough, those you knew may get it and die.
those you didn't know may get it and die
and those who took you to hospital may get it and die.
and those who treat you at the hospital may get it and die

For most the infection can be mild or not, but mainly not life threatening,
but for far too many that risk is very much there..

So the idea of "how many die because of traffic accidents each year ".... isn't the point.

the car crash took you to hospital, the ongoing complications killed you,
( under lying illnesses or not. )

THAT is COVID

in this case maybe they are overwhelmed by car crash victims, so they can only treat those under 60.
a risk worth taking or try and drive more carefully ?.

BUT avoid the car crash and you don't get put in hospital by it, in the first place.
and you get to live a long or short life as we did just before this.

But you can only avoid it or do your best to avoid it by self isolating and
socially distancing as much as possible.

which many just aren't doing ..as you describe.

Wuhan is now open for those coming in, again...life is returning
so there is hope IF we ALL listen

and lets all stop the push back and slacking off, because it's just flu or today's new version.
too many hearing that, and believing it..HAVE already added, weeks to the duration and thousands to the totals i fear.
we don't need any more..

Take care @gennepher
a peaceful sleep.
tomorrow we do it all again.

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Whilst I agree on principle the function of this thread is to accept free expression, which is why it is one of the most popular threads on the site. The only rule is that there is no rule outside of accepting that what you write can be questioned or taken to task if someone thinks differently.

The power of freedom of expression is what allows us to seek the truth, simply quoting an authority does not in and of itself represent any singular reality. We identify falsehoods by bringing them forward and examining the logic of what is presented :)
I like your answer a lot.
But being a mod as well as a member I feel I have to add that the forum rules are still in play as well, even though that doesn't seem to be an issue on this thread, it's one of the most friendly I've encountered :)
To be completely clear, my reaction:
was purely as Antje, the forum member, and not as Antje the Moderator.

I like this thread, even though it sometimes moves too fast to follow everything, and I definitely do not have the intention to be looking over your shoulder as a mod.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Which is why the measures won't really work as well as expected.
People won't really listen until it's personal,, sadly

The saying we are two weeks behind italy (spain germany france etc)
rings so very true.

Their regimes gets tighter.. the less we listen here, the tighter ours get until we DO listen
Because as long it's not one of ours, our parents or kids..it's all ok.
sad fact., but true none the less.

the 'It's just flu' have been outed.
the worry now is the current trend of 'how many die every day'

does it really matter ?

Can't remember that last time a car crash victim caused a doctor to become a
car crash victim and possibly die as well., or any of those with other illnesses.

If you die of Covid, it doesn't matter if you die OF or WITH..you DIE.

and if that isn't enough, those you knew may get it and die.
those you didn't know may get it and die
and those who took you to hospital may get it and die.
and those who treat you at the hospital may get it and die

For most the infection can be mild or not, but mainly not life threatening,
but for far too many that risk is very much there..

So the idea of "how many die because of traffic accidents each year ".... isn't the point.

the car crash took you to hospital, the ongoing complications killed you,
( under lying illnesses or not. )

THAT is COVID

in this case maybe they are overwhelmed by car crash victims, so they can only treat those under 60.
a risk worth taking or try and drive more carefully ?.

BUT avoid the car crash and you don't get put in hospital by it, in the first place.
and you get to live a long or short life as we did just before this.

But you can only avoid it or do your best to avoid it by self isolating and
socially distancing as much as possible.

which many just aren't doing ..as you describe.

Wuhan is now open for those coming in, again...life is returning
so there is hope IF we ALL listen

and lets all stop the push back and slacking off, because it's just flu or today's new version.
too many hearing that, and believing it..HAVE already added, weeks to the duration and thousands to the totals i fear.
we don't need any more..

Take care @gennepher
a peaceful sleep.
tomorrow we do it all again.
Thank you for the sleep wishes. I managed 3 hours. Got to do better than this for sleep :)