1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alien Aspie, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Thats weird - I do as well.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Alien Aspie

Alien Aspie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5.6 this morning and a temp of 35.6 :)

Welcome to the thread @SelfKiller numbers look great;)

Enjoy the day!

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  3. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I do my left hand as well!!!!

• Informative Informative x 6
  4. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Right..off foraging now before the mad hoardes come out to play....

Stay safe.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. SelfKiller

SelfKiller · Member

Thanks

• Friendly Friendly x 9
  6. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Welcome to this corner of the forum. I go with @trick60 take the lower number.

I noticed on another thread you mentioned 40 mins on the treadmill and asked about doing anything different regarding your higher BG reading before sleep and should you do anything different.

We all react differently to what we eat and our exercise there is no rule book. It's good you are testing it will start to show what works for you. I Mountain Bike for up to 3 hours and although a lot older than yourself push my old creeping limbs to their limits. I notice it always puts my BG up, I wondered how close to your sleep and testing was your exercise on the treadmill and if that was the cause.

Those readings posted today were great.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Really good numbers - especially your temperature dropping down.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

4.8 for me have a good day everyone take care and be well

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  9. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Morning all. Welcome @SelfKiller storming it with your first entry. @OldButBold that all sounds promising which is fantastic news. Interesting snippets about the difference in what numbers show up on different hands- really engenders trust in the process. My meter displayed 5.2 first thing - 50% chance of that being true - within anything up to 20%, So basically, for the price of a strip, I don'i actually know. Please don't tell the Pearl Clutchers they'll need the smelling salts, If you can't stay out of harm's way today be extra vigilant and spread the love.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    #23589 ianpspurs, Apr 7, 2020 at 7:40 AM
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  10. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning All. 5.0 today which is good news.
    @OldButBold good to see you making progress and your BG has held up well through this. @SelfKiller welcome and great fbg. @gennepher take care out there surely you must by now have the most amazing stock of wonderous things. @trick60 aah ..hot cross buns..well done on just having one! @Muddy Cyclist best wishes to you and your family.
    Today is plant seeds on the window cills, laundry and some gentle hoeing, Ho Ho Ho.
    Have the best Tuesday you can. Stay/get well and stay safe.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Nice score...:D

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ryhia

Ryhia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good to see such good numbers. How's the rest of you? Not ready to dance a jig I'm sure but just think when you do get pulled together you will be able to take "Her Ladyship" anywhere she wants and do all the jobs waiting on the back burner - having those options surely better than the alternative - then again you may decide to run for the hills. Sure someone on this thread would offer you a "safe house". Continue to get well. Regards C.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Alien Aspie

I'm in a sort of safe zone, I was warned that a few people reach the one week mark and feel fine only to slide back around 10 days so I am now being optimistically cautious :) I get a little ahead of myself sometimes. Overall I'm feeling relatively good today, still have the cough and wheeziness but I can handle that ;)

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ryhia

Ryhia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Welcome @SelfKiller great FBG.
    @trick60 You are making me feel guilty about the hot cross buns, OH loves them and I forgot to add any to my click and collect order.
    @PenguinMum - Good morning! You were talking about eggs in another post, thought I would mention can buy eggs online from http://thegoodeggfellas.co.uk/but they are quite expensive and the least number you can purchase is 120. Don't know if they would deliver to your area.

All's well in my neck of the woods (and hope it will be for the foreseeable). I made a liar of myself talking about higher blood sugars than normal. Bloods yesterday lunchtime 4.2. This morning they are 4.9. Cant guarantee they will continue at those levels but happy for the moment.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. PenguinMum

Good Morning Ryhia, thanks so much for that link which I will bookmark! Atm my farm shop has promised me eggs for collection this Saturday. Very kind of you. Have a good day.

• Friendly Friendly x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  16. PenguinMum

Lol just reread and I dont think even I could get through 10 dozen at a time. Hope my farm shop keeps going.

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north and welcome to The Hotel California @SelfKiller

The wonder wheel of instances of boredom and some unsavoury comestibles waving from the fridge came in at a flat line of a 6.0 this am.

Very sad that the blond orang utang over the pond implied that bobo was a very good friend. He is now in hospital fighting his own battle - I wish him well.
    Sadly the so called reporters and other members of the lobotomised media have turned their shared consciousness, Borg like, to such topics as nuclear switches and games of “who’s on first”. Unfortunately one badly used brain shared between so many just does not cut it. Oh well, looking so much to today’s briefing on the beeb.

Meantime, Mrs Miggins and I declared last week that Tuesday was afternoon tea day. This means, and let me be perfectly clear, that until such measures that heretofore have been moved into place are, at some future date, yet to be determined, and only when the scientific evidence is correct, lifted, at the right time, that afternoon tea will be prepared for the delectation of said Mrs Miggins (I will have something rather less carby like spiced chicken and prawns).

Can I have my kofee now?

upload_2020-4-7_9-12-44.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    #23597 dunelm, Apr 7, 2020 at 9:12 AM
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  18. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, but not the reporters on the coronavirus briefing.

Another low 5.1 for me.

Well folks and I hope you are well.
    Question for @OldButBold did you enjoy Dogma? One of our favourite films.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Alien Aspie

I did, I've seen it so many times I know the script. Great film on a par with the Life of Brian :)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

I hadn’t heard this quote before but it’s lovely, it made me stop and just appreciate the natural world still going about it’s business, and how insignificant we are really.

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook