What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ahh,the Cummings Defence .
Makes you wonder how the police can enforce anything now.

Enjoy your day
Missus went to meet friend
Pics from marble arch. & Oxford Street :10:30am today

View attachment 41704 View attachment 41705

I am sitting in my back garden, it’s high up a hill, and I can hear motorcyclists doing pretty much 0 to 60 or 70 or more in barely a few seconds. And this is a 30mph zone for a pretty wide area.

From the sound coming up the hill, they are doing it on the main road at the bottom where they usually do it. And not the sound of a single police siren....which there usually is when this is done. And the police station is at the bottom of my hill.

This is going back to the Wild West days (of about 10 years ago) where it sounds they are pretty much achieving a ton maybe....

This is biker area, where long parades of bikers often take place, and some on crafted 3 wheeler bikes from back ends of cars and stuff where their whole family and children go out.

I think our dear prime minister has lost control of the populace, and the police have totally given up, at least for today.

And I am so happy to be in my sunny overgrown back garden, all by my solitary self, keeping to lockdown. Safest place to be today...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am sitting in my back garden, it’s high up a hill, and I can hear motorcyclists doing pretty much 0 to 60 or 70 or more in barely a few seconds. And this is a 30mph zone for a pretty wide area.

From the sound coming up the hill, they are doing it on the main road at the bottom where they usually do it. And not the sound of a single police siren....which there usually is when this is done. And the police station is at the bottom of my hill.

This is going back to the Wild West days (of about 10 years ago) where it sounds they are pretty much achieving a ton maybe....

This is biker area, where long parades of bikers often take place, and some on crafted 3 wheeler bikes from back ends of cars and stuff where their whole family and children go out.

I think our dear prime minister has lost control of the populace, and the police have totally given up, at least for today.

And I am so happy to be in my sunny overgrown back garden, all by my solitary self, keeping to lockdown. Safest place to be today...

Yeah...

Can't blame them.

As for Johnson..
Losing control of the govt response is reckless.

But to lose authority AND Credibility just smacks of incompetence...
He's like a kid with his first set of house keys,
You just know he's going to lose something else :hilarious:

But I'm sure he's doing his best..:wideyed::arghh:

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes

As you are well aware I am a motorcyclist, so are a few others on this forum and I personally dispair about the behaviour of a few of my fellow bikers, why they feel the need to race through country villages I know not, why they feel the need to fit loud exhausts, again I know not. Perhaps they are just plain stupid.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah...

Can't blame them.

As for Johnson..
Losing control of the govt response is reckless.

But to lose authority AND Credibility just smacks of incompetence...
He's like a kid with his first set of house keys,
You just know he's going to lose something :hilarious:

But I'm sure he's doing his best..:wideyed::arghh:

I can understand.

I have a friend in France who tells me French Twitter literally exploded over this business...

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug for that but I have been waiting forever to get this one in.

I'd have been 26 you a tad younger, I missed this one but then I was into Lenard Cohen, Joan Baez, Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens the dance/rock scene sort of passed us by. We were performing folk and such music in smoke filled pubs or being all philosophical whilst drinking red wine and eating Spanish Onions and White Stilton in different smoke filled living rooms. :joyful: What wasted days they were.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As you are well aware I am a motorcyclist, so are a few others on this forum and I personally dispair about the behaviour of a few of my fellow bikers, why they feel the need to race through country villages I know not, why they feel the need to fit loud exhausts, again I know not. Perhaps they are just plain stupid.
Or care not! We have Mountain Bikers who do the same on country footpaths and non rights of way for bikes, give us all a bad name.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.45am FBG 5.6 woke about 8.15 but forgot to do FBG.
Breakfast 2x CWH&H, nut granola, 2 eggs scrambled with butter.
BG 6.0 One hour
BG 4 9 Two hours
Had another birdstrike on the bedroom window, this time a young robin. It was sitting panting in the sun and didn't move for several minutes. Eventually I decided to try and move it into the shade. The robin didn't seem to mind being gently handled, just a slight flutter of wings. About ten minutes later when i walked past it took fright at my approach and flew off.
Had not really expected a happy conclusion to the incident. So delighted.
We get wood pigeon crashing into ours, they leave ghostly impressions of body and wings, strangely beautiful and surreal when you consider what damage may have been done making them. Glad the Robin survived.
The juvenile blackbird three days ago was not so lucky. Have had Woodpigeon prints at a different house. As you say said, can be beautiful.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It's worse than that, stupid show offs.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just had to show you these. Look what I found.View attachment 41707
20200527_142134.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tiny, but delicious.
20200527_141633.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon in the garden putting up more brackets for hanging baskets then art whilst drinking Prosecco, first since diagnosis does it put BG up or down? @HarryBeau will know.

So this is where I have been creative, under umbrella. Mrs MC out with daughter walking on Cannock Chase, only two can go under Gov rules so I'm home alone.
IMG_3234.JPG

My Materials unison and Rowney and Caran Dache Pastels, a dark blue pastel paper.
IMG_3230.JPG

An more Silver Birch Trees, so messy these Pastels so I was in old T shirt and art overall.
IMG_3233.JPG

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you wear the same jeans for a week, they go all loose and floppy - it’s the latest rage in that crazy world of diet tips.

Would probably also guarantee people keeping at least 2 metres away :D

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon in the garden putting up more brackets for hanging baskets then art whilst drinking Prosecco, first since diagnosis does it put BG up or down? @HarryBeau will know.

So this is where I have been creative, under umbrella. Mrs MC out with daughter walking on Cannock Chase, only two can go under Gov rules so I'm home alone.
View attachment 41715
My Materials unison and Rowney and Caran Dache Pastels, a dark blue pastel paper.
View attachment 41713

An more Silver Birch Trees, so messy these Pastels so I was in old T shirt and art overall.
View attachment 41714

You are brilliant with pastels.
And they work so well for the Silver Birches.

I like this very much @Muddy Cyclist
Absolutely amazing!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are brilliant with pastels.
And they work so well for the Silver Birches.

I like this very much @Muddy Cyclist
Absolutely amazing!
Thank you. I only usually use Pastels for animal art, I think I posted one of our horse pictures some time ago, pastel A4 here it is again just for reference. Must venture into the world of Landscape Pastel, just so messy..
IMG_2669.JPG

Edit I did want the left edge of the trees to go darker but the paper had run out of teeth to hold any more pastel.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. I only usually use Pastels for animal art, I think I posted one of our horse pictures some time ago, pastel A4 here it is again just for reference. Must venture into the world of Landscape Pastel, just so messy..
View attachment 41716

Edit I did want the left edge of the trees to go darker but the paper had run out of teeth to hold any more pastel.

Yes it is so messy.
Hence I just do it outdoors now.

I think I remember the horse picture now.

I do really like your landscape pastel @Muddy Cyclist

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

8.45am FBG 5.6 woke about 8.15 but forgot to do FBG.

Breakfast 2x CWH&H, nut granola, 2 eggs scrambled with butter.

BG 6.0 One hour

BG 4 9 Two hours

Had another birdstrike on the bedroom window, this time a young robin. It was sitting panting in the sun and didn't move for several minutes. Eventually I decided to try and move it into the shade. The robin didn't seem to mind being gently handled, just a slight flutter of wings. About ten minutes later when i walked past it took fright at my approach and flew off.

Had not really expected a happy conclusion to the incident. So am delighted.

Here is pic of robin sitting in the shade, under the bedroom window.View attachment 41702
So pleased that your robin was ok. This afternoon my husband found a tiny baby bluetit on our front doorstep.

We waited and waited for the parents to come back. It kept calling for it's parents. In the end we worried that the neighbour 's cat who often sunbathes on our front doorstep might come back so we phoned the local animal sanctuary.

They said they would look after it with the other baby bluetits they were looking after. It was such a lovely tiny bird so we are so pleased they took it in..

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How dare you ;):D;) yes it does mine but not too much this evening we are having Pink Gin & Tonics just that sort of evening...dinner in the garden but now you've mentioned it we might have the prosecco.
Oh dear, UP I assume:banghead: now you have got my tastebuds longing for pink gin, good job we are out of it and it's a week until next shopping trip. Yep, it's all your fault I was a man of somberity.