What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
As you are well aware I am a motorcyclist, so are a few others on this forum and I personally dispair about the behaviour of a few of my fellow bikers, why they feel the need to race through country villages I know not, why they feel the need to fit loud exhausts, again I know not. Perhaps they are just plain stupid.
Mr K is a very sensible motorcyclist and he despairs about the behaviour of some motorcyclists also.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So pleased that your robin was ok. This afternoon my husband found a tiny baby bluetit on our front doorstep.

We waited and waited for the parents to come back. It kept calling for it's parents. In the end we worried that the neighbour 's cat who often sunbathes on our front doorstep might come back so we phoned the local animal sanctuary.

They said they would look after it with the other baby bluetits they were looking after. It was such a lovely tiny bird so we are so pleased they took it in..
I read somewhere Bluetit parents stop feeding their weak ones and concentrate on the babies they think will survive. Hard out there in the wild life world. Good move with animal sanctuary.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I read somewhere Bluetit parents stop feeding their weak ones and concentrate on the babies they think will survive. Hard out there in the wild life world. Good move with animal sanctuary.
I didn't know that happened. I was wondering if we had done the wrong thing. Reading your post we feel a lot better and that we did the right thing. He was so tiny and He called and called for his parents but they didn't come back.

When we got to the sanctuary someone else arrived at the sametime with some nest materials for the baby bluetits and they said that there was another baby on the way.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We get wood pigeon crashing into ours, they leave ghostly impressions of body and wings, strangely beautiful and surreal when you consider what damage may have been done making them. Glad the Robin survived.
We used to put bird seed out but found that pigeons were flapping into the windows deliberately and leaving their silhouettes - It was like they were telling us the wanted food. I don't mind feeding one or two but it got there was a whole posse of them sitting on our roof waiting for seed When we ignored them they would target our car or windows with something other than dusty wings.
I'd have been 26 you a tad younger, I missed this one but then I was into Lenard Cohen, Joan Baez, Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens the dance/rock scene sort of passed us by. We were performing folk and such music in smoke filled pubs or being all philosophical whilst drinking red wine and eating Spanish Onions and White Stilton in different smoke filled living rooms. :joyful: What wasted days they were.
You forgot to mention The Strawbs.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't know that happened. I was wondering if we had done the wrong thing. Reading your post we feel a lot better and that we did the right thing. He was so tiny and He called and called for his parents but they didn't come back.

When we got to the sanctuary someone else arrived at the sametime with some nest materials for the baby bluetits and they said that there was another baby on the way.
You did the best thing. I know nature can be cruel to give the other siblings the best possible survival, but it was obviously a determined little thing, And so now possibly has a better chance of survival (than its siblings in the wild) in the safety of the sanctuary.
We have messed up nature enough, and I believe that any help we can give is all for the good @Krystyna23040

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You did the best thing. I know nature can be cruel to give the other siblings the best possible survival, but it was obviously a determined little thing, And so now possibly has a better chance of survival (than its siblings in the wild) in the safety of the sanctuary.
We have messed up nature enough, and I believe that any help we can give is all for the good @Krystyna23040
Thank you. I am so pleased we gave the little baby a chance. Now I know what happens in the wild I feel so good that we did this. He was so sweet and you are right - he was a very determined little thing.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We used to put bird seed out but found that pigeons were flapping into the windows deliberately and leaving their silhouettes - It was like they were telling us the wanted food. I don't mind feeding one or two but it got there was a whole posse of them sitting on our roof waiting for seed When we ignored them they would target our car or windows with something other than dusty wings.
A bit Daphne du Maurier, scary!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Temp 36.1

Another beautiful day dawns.
I never tire of watching the night sky and it's myriads of stars.

Dawn always , at the moment, seems to begin with a low cloud cover. It is clearing to present a wonderful sunny day.

A little windy this morning. Trees are waving their morning greetings. Cat is on my chest, as always, rising and falling with my breathing...

Take care
Have a good day

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

Today at 9.30am is my annual Diabetic Review by Telephone, no HbA1c, no physical check, I suppose needs must. The one question I am expecting is "Are your bloods under control?" I'm not sure how I'm expected to know as they have advised no feeding of Dracula.

Then the day is mine, so many choices but other than a possible Mountain Bike Ride, staying at home. So art, doing the next recording for the Recorder Quintet, we finished a Minuet by Handel sounds really good, now we are all recording our individual parts for a Swedish Folk Tune 'Horgalaten'. Using GarageBand software to put all the five recorder parts together, fun, videos next.

So duck and dive, relax and chill, try something new, take care.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. Libre reader and phone concur I was 4.3 at 5.30. I know these are optimal conditions for me and feel for those of you they don't suit. I am also aware of the tragedy, misery, untimely death, suffering and poverty unfolding all around. Much of the disaster is obviously caused by some national and world leaders way out of their depth. Summer sun, food and clothing, being continually exhorted to stay home and plenty of exercise is my comfort zone. My prayers are with all who aren't thriving, are grieving or otherwise suffering in these times. Take care.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is so beautiful outside.
This is the best part of the day being outside.
Been awake since 3am...
Pastel done and dusted.
Sunset or sunrise...you choose!
I was just playing with oranges and colour!
It is on some brown card. It is smooth but has a lovely surface to work on.
Many years ago (coming on for 20 years ago) with J when we went into the lower part of the Lake District, there was a paper mill or something, doing all kinds of paper. They also had boxes of odds and ends of A4 paper and card or every description. And they were just £7 each, for a heavy box I couldn't even lift. I managed to get 6 of these boxes in the boot of my car. J said, what do you want all that paper for? I replied, you never know, it's only just over £42, that is hardly any sum of money for a lifetime of paper...

51335067-8AF0-49D6-9CFF-73F82DB570FA.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is so beautiful outside.
This is the best part of the day being outside.
Been awake since 3am...
Pastel done and dusted.
Sunset or sunrise...you choose!
I was just playing with oranges and colour!
It is on some brown card. It is smooth but has a lovely surface to work on.
Many years ago (coming on for 20 years ago) with J when we went into the lower part of the Lake District, there was a paper mill or something, doing all kinds of paper. They also had boxes of odds and ends of A4 paper and card or every description. And they were just £7 each, for a heavy box I couldn't even lift. I managed to get 6 of these boxes in the boot of my car. J said, what do you want all that paper for? I replied, you never know, it's only just over £42, that is hardly any sum of money for a lifetime of paper...

View attachment 41721
For me a sunrise, really like the way you have depicted the reflections of golden light. Inspired me to pick up my guitar and play a song I wrote some years ago, I had forgotten I'd written it so thank you for the reminder. The chorus goes...

Arise and see the perfect day,
Drive the fears of night away,
The day is awakening,
The sun is in the sky.

And you can never have enough paper. :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am sitting in my back garden, it’s high up a hill, and I can hear motorcyclists doing pretty much 0 to 60 or 70 or more in barely a few seconds. And this is a 30mph zone for a pretty wide area.

From the sound coming up the hill, they are doing it on the main road at the bottom where they usually do it. And not the sound of a single police siren....which there usually is when this is done. And the police station is at the bottom of my hill.

This is going back to the Wild West days (of about 10 years ago) where it sounds they are pretty much achieving a ton maybe....

This is biker area, where long parades of bikers often take place, and some on crafted 3 wheeler bikes from back ends of cars and stuff where their whole family and children go out.

I think our dear prime minister has lost control of the populace, and the police have totally given up, at least for today.

And I am so happy to be in my sunny overgrown back garden, all by my solitary self, keeping to lockdown. Safest place to be today...
The bike thing, like the car thing, is a bit of concern at present. In the near future it will also become the campervan thing and the caravan thing as people get the opportunity to escape. Not being able to go out for such a long time, then we hear that we can go out anywhere we like and even meet one more person outside our household. People are now flocking like starlings in murmuration. For the present, I will keep my bike in the garage. There is the distinct possibility of accidents as people rush to experience some freedom, not to forget the idiots. If there is a signed 30MPH limit then they should stick to it. Just reckless and like some in other groups (my son goes mountain biking and there are some selfish ones too), gives the majority a bad name.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The bike thing, like the car thing, is a bit of concern at present. In the near future it will also become the campervan thing and the caravan thing as people get the opportunity to escape. Not being able to go out for such a long time, then we hear that we can go out anywhere we like and even meet one more person outside our household. People are now flocking like starlings in murmuration. For the present, I will keep my bike in the garage. There is the distinct possibility of accidents as people rush to experience some freedom, not to forget the idiots. If there is a signed 30MPH limit then they should stick to it. Just reckless and like some in other groups (my son goes mountain biking and there are some selfish ones too), gives the majority a bad name.
There are some very selfish/irresponsible people about. In our previous village there were numerous speed sensors because it could be used as a cut through. Despite some dangerous bends and a school it was not uncommon to see 70 shown.
On another note, Martin Kettle, the journo, drew my attention to this which I find rather droll:
The BrewDog company has already launched a new Barnard Castle Eye Test beer, the proceeds going to the NHS. I’ve got a case of a dozen on the way.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day in the azure in the dark and dangerous north - quickly losing its appeal to those who act like Alan Rickman as The Sheriff of Nottingham.

The wonder wheel of mish-mash meatloaf (this version containing beef mince, courgette, onion, red pepper, mushroom) came in at 5.2 this am.

Roses -Sitting in the garden enjoying the sun and realising that our rambling roses are getting out of hand. I think there will be some secateur action today - opportunity for a bit of propogation. Two ways, just to see what happens - leave in water, plant into pots.

Bees - They sometimes fly inside, can’t find their way out, get exhausted and just sit there, all forlorn. I picked one up yesterday (they don’t sting if you are gentle - it will crawl onto a finger, or a piece of paper) - fed it some sugar water. You can see it’s proboscis sucking up the liquid. 5 minutes later, and I showed it the door. Don’t give bees honey, it will kill them.

Have the very best day that you can have - this probably means not listening/watching the news. Koffy calls.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
There are some very selfish/irresponsible people about. In our previous village there were numerous speed sensors because it could be used as a cut through. Despite some dangerous bends and a school it was not uncommon to see 70 shown.
On another note, Martin Kettle, the journo, drew my attention to this which I fine rather droll:
The BrewDog company has already launched a new Barnard Castle Eye Test beer, the proceeds going to the NHS. I’ve got a case of a dozen on the way.

Top 3 rules for bikers:
Ride your own ride - not the one ridden by the person in front of you. (Capabilities differ).
Always be able to stop safely in the bit of road that you can see in front of you.
30MPH always means 30MPH

I have just ordered some of that beer for my boys when they are able to come to see us.

Reactions: dogslife and jjraak