What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Possibly 5.3 @ 5.50. New sensor odd readings; I did fit it a day before activating but it is behaving like a non validated statistic. No 4s until 13.00 ish. @Muddy Cyclist I hope the review went as well as could be expected. @dunelm those photos look amazingly like Breckland, especially Thetford Forest. Have a safe day everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs and @gennepher Telephone Review was what I expected, next face to face Review is August IF they are allowed, mentioned feet, eyes, kidney, Cholesterol (won't do Statins but like to know my level) and nurse says she's flagged them as pop ups to remind them. A little worrying as my records say I am on Blood Pressure tablets and Beta Blockers, really! I have never been prescribed either, BP always perfect, Mental Health, stress and mind, Heart all fine, so confused, nurse says she will remove them off records, I bet she doesn't.

So on my own, keep an eye on your BG I am told as she says goodbye, I didn't bother with the question How?

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Daily Painting again not finished, A4 on the rough Canson Paper (last for awhile on this paper) watercolour about 90 minutes, will finish later but Mrs MC Is baking and Cheese Scones are tempting me, each scone about 8 grams of carbs I'm told. Oh and some Skinny Bread 0.2 grams of carbs per slice.
IMG_3285.JPG

And my painting, Stepping Stones over small stream on Cannock Chase....finish Friday....
IMG_3287.JPG

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs and @gennepher Telephone Review was what I expected, next face to face Review is August IF they are allowed, mentioned feet, eyes, kidney, Cholesterol (won't do Statins but like to know my level) and nurse says she's flagged them as pop ups to remind them. A little worrying as my records say I am on Blood Pressure tablets and Beta Blockers, really! I have never been prescribed either, BP always perfect, Mental Health, stress and mind, Heart all fine, so confused, nurse says she will remove them off records, I bet she doesn't.

So on my own, keep an eye on your BG I am told as she says goodbye, I didn't bother with the question How?
Glad it was so useful:angelic: Are your reviews every 3 months or is August letting a cat out of the bag? Very interesting how statins polarise opinion. Personally, I'm ok with them but very wary of dairy and red meat. Loving the artwork and baking.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Sometimes I think our medical records are a fairytale.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Daily Painting again not finished, A4 on the rough Canson Paper (last for awhile on this paper) watercolour about 90 minutes, will finish later but Mrs MC Is baking and Cheese Scones are tempting me, each scone about 8 grams of carbs I'm told. Oh and some Skinny Bread 0.2 grams of carbs per slice.
View attachment 41866
And my painting, Stepping Stones over small stream on Cannock Chase....finish Friday....
View attachment 41867
I like very much the way this painting is going.
It is very effective @Muddy Cyclist

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
" ..and welcome to AINTREE racecourse.

it's a beautiful clear day,
and just going down is JJRaak, in the colours of Sheik KalmD Owwn

an up and coming stable determined to make a mark
Co-Sponsored by LCHF Real Food enterprises

Stable has high hopes JJRaak will stay the distance as he's jumping govt fences for the first time.

Took a nasty fall first time out in the DX hurdle chase, 2018.
a fall at the first really shook his confidence.

But in a brilliant move by the stable, he ditched the Blinkers and ran better from then on,

Has good form from last the time out, in decent company in the T2D LCHF Stayers H'cap 2018
run over 24 months distance.

Good times recorded 40 HBA1c, was a PB

He's a late entry to the Covid H'cap Hurdle , run over 12 months

63K withdrawals to date have whittle the field a little
No R4 applicable...

But i'm told stable are confident JJRaak will finish the race and be in with a shout of being in the frame.

So let us not dally, the starter is waving them to line up..
so lets go join our commentator track side ..."

Bg 6.3
temp 36.6

out yesterday to see our Steph.
two fold up bikes unfolded and we set off to traverse the park.

a short ride & a little while Sat chilling and eating a little picnic..sun out,
glorious day.

Today

a short cycle ride to the chemist for my prescription.
regular so got a cheery hello, plastic screens up at counter for protection as have many stores,

Kettle blew up went last night..

so a new kettle, bought local to support local business,

... and guess whats next to the hardware store...?

...a KEBAB shop.

yep, guilty as sin..i went in got a takeaway donor.
ate the LOT..de-blooming -licious

into supermarket to get milk bread and bits.

all shops practising SD measures, but few in to test if actually used.

a day of seeming normality.

Have a cyclists neck/bandana type thing.
folded inside two sheets of Kitchen roll
as my barrier., stapled in place

masks get washed and tissue gets replaced.. a simple system.
and doesn't look too out of place.

see a few wearing masks but no where near enough to think people are taking others safety as seriously
as they should, mind :sorry:

I mean IF We lockdown again we all suffer, healthwise & economically.

The Dufuses . that think looking cool N tough is helpful...strewth..
they are the ongoing problem :banghead:

( apart from Bozo and his atrocious leadership, obv .:rolleyes:)

So two good days

Missus using buses and trains again..
very empty from her pics at the times she travels,
which eased both our minds.

IMG-20200603-WA0004.jpg

stay safe & well all.
lets do it all again tomorrow.:D

Ciao

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @ianpspurs and @gennepher for you comments on art and annual review. Regarding August, 12 weeks and Annual Review was due in May, thus telephone call review now, a bit late. Diabetic Nurse said I should now only be reviewed every 6 months as my HbA1c was 42 when last taken 3 months ago, the 6 month review is news to me. She wants me to be tested in August, if they are back in face to face mode, because she is concerned about my blood pressure, WHY? It's never been a problem never been on meds, take it myself every now and again and it's always fine. Nurse says it's because my records say I'm on BP tablets, I reiterate I AM NOT but she is persistent. Regarding feet and Neuropathy of which I have some she says we were happy with results 12 months ago, get in touch if they are ever cold to the touch and we will see you immediately. I tell the nurse they are, always have been since diagnosis and for some years before, comment ignored. So a box ticking exercise.

Mrs MC just had a rather alarming text message from MILs carehome who now have no residents with virus. Yet tomorrow they are being visited by Infection Control to discuss how they are going to Manage the 'Second Wave of the Virus' .

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @ianpspurs and @gennepher for you comments on art and annual review. Regarding August, 12 weeks and Annual Review was due in May, thus telephone call review now, a bit late. Diabetic Nurse said I should now only be reviewed every 6 months as my HbA1c was 42 when last taken 3 months ago, the 6 month review is news to me. She wants me to be tested in August, if they are back in face to face mode, because she is concerned about my blood pressure, WHY? It's never been a problem never been on meds, take it myself every now and again and it's always fine. Nurse says it's because my records say I'm on BP tablets, I reiterate I AM NOT but she is persistent. Regarding feet and Neuropathy of which I have some she says we were happy with results 12 months ago, get in touch if they are ever cold to the touch and we will see you immediately. I tell the nurse they are, always have been since diagnosis and for some years before, comment ignored. So a box ticking exercise.

Mrs MC just had a rather alarming text message from MILs carehome who now have no residents with virus. Yet tomorrow they are being visited by Infection Control to discuss how they are going to Manage the 'Second Wave of the Virus' .

Went with a "like" but it was a confused reason

I meant also a hug for much of it & agree for
a good bit too .

The inspection. .. Mmhh

Akin to waking people up to give them a sleeping tablet.

Doesn't sound the best of plans unless they come I full hazmat suits

And even then, can you imagine how THAT looks. :wideyed:.

I think mine reviews where 3 month, then drifted to 6 months for blood test.

Last HBA1c June 2019
So my next one looks to be a year on + some.

Good luck with ongoing review and MIL.
Hope all goes well.

And if I haven't said.
Many thanks for painting, a nice add to each day.
Quite envious of the talents on here

:happy:

Reactions: UserABC2021

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went with a "like" but it was a confused reason

I meant also a hug for much of it & agree for
a good bit too .

The inspection. .. Mmhh

Akin to waking people up to give them a sleeping tablet.

Doesn't sound the best of plans unless they come I full hazmat suits

And even then, can you imagine how THAT looks. :wideyed:.

I think mine reviews where 3 month, then drifted to 6 months for blood test.

Last HBA1c June 2019
So my next one looks to be a year on + some.

Good luck with ongoing review and MIL.
Hope all goes well.

And if I haven't said.
Many thanks for painting, a nice add to each day.
Quite envious of the talents on here

:happy:
Thankyou, I also enjoy your talent of digging out bits and pieces that may pass us by and your way with words, care and humour, glad you are sticking around. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

It seems like to me, that you need to see your medical records @Muddy Cyclist
I did this because of inconsistencies like you mention.
Ordinarily (I'm in Wales and so this was before Covid-19) you can ask to see your medical records. I employed a patient's advocate (it was free in Wales from Cartrefle) and he helped me through the process of applying to the Practice Manager of the GP surgery to actually see my records held at the GP surgery. This was some years ago. I had to look at the records on the computer screen with the practice manager in attendance. I was allowed to ask for photocopies but I had to pay for them.

There were serious inconsistencies, and this led to an official complaint from me. It went on for some time, which in turn led me to apply to the NHS for for photocopies of all my hospital records under the Freedom of Information Act. I had to pay for this, and it was a flat sum of £50 (at that time) for whether you asked for a few records or if you asked for records going back many many years.

So, consequently I asked for records going back nearly 50 years. This took some time before I got a copy of my records. And it was well worth me paying that sum of money because of what was involved. It did not make me very popular with the medical profession because of the way the whole thing panned out, and it did make a fool of my own GP, that was not my intention, I was simply trying to right a wrong.

But the medical profession will back each other up to hide mistakes. I wasn't prepared for the extent of that.

Would I do the whole thing again? Yes I would. Why? Because it had it had (unintended) positive consequences for others who were too scared to complain (which I had no idea of when I started this).

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems like to me, that you need to see your medical records @Muddy Cyclist
Once I can get into the Health Centre again I will. Had online access but that seems to have stopped since they had a change in management when they lost their contract renewal to another practice that out bid them.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.5 for me today.

Dull, windy and damp outside today. Tesco forage this morning, early at 6am in the hope of beating the crowds.

Family virtual gathering and meal this evening. Must check the wine rack.

Keep doing whatever you do well and with as much gusto as can be mustered, keep safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone. What season is it currently please? I was 4.6 on both Libre reader and phone app @ 4.20 today. I'm ok with that for now. Salmon and local asparagus today - ethically sourced (apart from the diesel for Harry) maybe even homemade hollandaise (frightening amount of butter in most recipes). Overnight rain, 14 hrs of steps and newly discovered box sets of Cardinal to entertain me, so all good. No 3 son is having a fitting for golf clubs and solicited donations from me - via his mum to soften me up. Good job he hasn't taken flying lessons yet. Take the very best care of you yours and everyone else. WE are needed to stay as a viable economic unit as UK plc has bills to pay but are expendable the moment we don't suit The Narrative.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

You can’t argue with what’s on your medical records can you, it’s there in B&W - perhaps they are kept and updated by the current bunch of journo’s on the daily clown show.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a morning of mixed messages in the dark and dangerous north. My money is on rain.

The wonder wheel of the last of the stockpiled lamb breast came in a a stonking 4.2 this this am - all that mint sauce.

An hour in a queue to HMRC yesterday trying to sort out their droll take on “let’s change his tax code for no reason”. I am retired, pensions have not changed, so why? Eventually got through to some nice chap after walking 3 miles round the house as I waited in the queue. He eventually sorted the problem and now the sea has calmed and that music Meditation by Jules Massenet has started up.

14 hours of Steps @ianpspurs so dug out an old CD for you.

Have the most wonderful day that you can. A neighbour has now got a face mask for her pet duck. Nothing fancy but it fits the bill. Must be time for koffy.

upload_2020-6-5_7-27-9.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After a really good night's sleep and no stress - fbs was 5.0. It is surprising that stress does have such an impact on blood sugars.

Although perhaps l shouldn't be that surprised that stress can do that. It makes sense that having raised blood sugars would help us flee danger. Unfortunately it doesn't help when the only danger is clients asking me to teach zoom classes.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a morning of mixed messages in the dark and dangerous north. My money is on rain.

The wonder wheel of the last of the stockpiled lamb breast came in a a stonking 4.2 this this am - all that mint sauce.

An hour in a queue to HMRC yesterday trying to sort out their droll take on “let’s change his tax code for no reason”. I am retired, pensions have not changed, so why? Eventually got through to some nice chap after walking 3 miles round the house as I waited in the queue. He eventually sorted the problem and now the sea has calmed and that music Meditation by Jules Massenet has started up.

14 hours of Steps @ianpspurs so dug out an old CD for you.

Have the most wonderful day that you can. A neighbour has now got a face mask for her pet duck. Nothing fancy but it fits the bill. Must be time for koffy.

View attachment 41878
A very full day for you yesterday and excellent fbg even if you took one for the team and ate lamb breast. I am well advanced with Steps CD (4.30 start allows plenty of time for this) - reach for the stars on loop - but have found time to read this. https://www.theguardian.com/politic...world-beater-in-stupidity-transport-face-mask Life is certainly imitating satire just now.