What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today

This is not my best. I would mark 'can do better'. BUT, what I was trying to do was use the first Zen Brush app in my Android Phone. It is a very tiny screen. And I was curious to see if it could be used to make a detailed sketch on it, despite the tiny about 2 inch by 5 inch Zen Brush screen available.

This took me 20 minutes. I did use my finger most of the time. And I used my rubber tip Bamboo pen stylus a bit (it is like any phone rubber stylus, but it is a tad more responsive).

I think this shows you can do a fine sketch even on a tiny phone screen in Zen Brush app for Android.

Although, I think it goes without saying, that even the simple Zen sketches would work on the tiny Android phone screen.

The Android tablet works well for this as well. I felt as though my finger was more responsive on my old Android tablets than my newer iPad tablet. But that might be my imagination.

View attachment 42492
So much detail and from such a small screen.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Loving the artwork @gennepher I spent hours of my last few years in teaching trying to convince a Head of Art that ICT could be used appropriately in her kingdom. Wall of my office had head butt marks from our conversations but this thread has helped me see how my vision may have worked. I don't understand art/ usually see what was intended so the explanations really help.
All children have Mobiles @ianpspurs whether Android or iPhones, and these apps are available on both, so your vision, could have trickled from using tablets in art class down to their mobiles in everyday use.
It could have been a forward thinking vision of yours.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All children have Mobiles @ianpspurs whether Android or iPhones, and these apps are available on both, so your vision, could have trickled from using tablets in art class down to their mobiles in everyday use.
It could have been a forward thinking vision of yours.
She was replaced (polite word for sacked) and her successor embraced the idea but I had the opportunity for early retirement (only child and sudden death of both parents) and was out like a shot before the full flowering so to speak.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is exactly how my MIL was. The carers at the home said that she was living in a happy place and we shouldn't feel so sad about her.
I can remember she thought the TV in her room was a window and she was full of wonder on what was going on outside her window.

I had also meant to respond, @Muddy Cyclist

When mum was at The home, and sliding away from us, the little comfort I could take, was when she asked about her mum, sisters, brothers, it was as if they were alive.

And while mum struggled to know who I was or any of us, a little light did come into her eyes
Whenever any of us visited.

While we list out on her memories,
Out of that I took comfort that for her, in her own little world, every one she loved was still alive, and likely to visit at any point.

I don't think she was ever really sad, and if I'm honest except when water infections sent her off the rails, once settled at the home I think in my heart she was happy over all.

Hope some of that give some context & consolation to your wife.

They may 'lose' us,
But they gain so many others they loved.

An awful trade off maybe, but better that, then they lose everyone, and live out their days trapped in that twilight world, completely alone.

Hug to you all.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Temp 35.8

I am ready for a nap again!

Cat is being pestiferous this morning ... he has just climbed completely under my bed covers by my legs. He was trying to get the phone out of my hands, so maybe is making a point ....

Take care
Enjoy today
Food ?

Or attention, THEN food...is how I remember that working :cyclops:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had also meant to respond, @Muddy Cyclist

When mum was at The home, and sliding away from us, the little comfort I could take, was when she asked about her mum, sisters, brothers, it was as if they were alive.

And while mum struggled to know who I was or any of us, a little light did come into her eyes
Whenever any of us visited.

While we list out on her memories,
Out of that I took comfort that for her, in her own little world, every one she loved was still alive, and likely to visit at any point.

I don't think she was ever really sad, and if I'm honest except when water infections sent her off the rails, once settled at the home I think in my heart she was happy over all.

Hope some of that give some context & consolation to your wife.

They may 'lose' us,
But they gain so many others they loved.

An awful trade off maybe, but better that, then they lose everyone, and live out their days trapped in that twilight world, completely alone.

Hug to you all.
Thanks, I will pass this on to Mrs MC
I think she's arrived at the same conclusions but still feels guilt for having to put mom in care and having to sell her home. MRs MCs grandad built the bungalow then her mom and dad lived there so it was the family home, it really is a lovely bungalow with extensive gardens and if it wasn't for the fact it's in Wolverhampton we would consider living in it or one of our kids could have it but sadly that's not to be.

Reactions: dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher that's amazing art for working on such a small screen.

It was easy to do @Muddy Cyclist

I do carry around some black pens in my handbag, a tiny sketch book, and a water brush. But I always have my Android phone with me, and so I don’t need to now, do I?

I also just need to get into the habit of opening up the app when I have a few minutes spare when I am out, don’t I?

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But I always have my Android phone with me, and so I don’t need to now, do I?
Don't do it! Keep those sketchbooks and pens, paints going, technology is great and acceptable worthy art but there is nothing like creating on paper IMHO. In my Man Bag, yes I have several, can't abide bulging pockets, I always have some art material as well as my mobile.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My fbg this morning was 4.0

Yesterday was weird again what happens when the weird becomes normal?

IMG_0055.JPG

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I finished my yesterday's Stile Painting, of Wolvescote Dale A4 and probably 2 hours in total. I have no idea what to do for my next series. More paper and paint arrived today so well stocked now. Started useing Windsor and Newton Cotman Tubes, not as good as some others I have but less expensive. Actually my colour range is very small thank goodness, I now understand why Artists used to go through Colour periods, Blue Period, Red Period, probably when hard up and had to use the paint they had. :)

IMG_20200703_113556_edit.jpg

Any suggestions what my next series of landscapes/seascapes should be? All gretfully accepted.

Reactions: karen8967

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I envision a scenario when the emergency services have to be called on to help rescue a load of drunken revelers the same people who were clapping and cheering them every Thursday for weeks on end will be abusing them for getting in the way of a good old rave up.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Muddy,
A nice painting, what medium do you paint in?
Those standing stones looked shaped like stone tools.

When I have visited the far southwest of Wales I thought the coast and cliffs very scenic. The islands of Skomer and Ramsey would be great subjects for painting.

There is a local artist up here in the north Lakes, living near the fells he has got the texture of rocks and mountains very near perfect for a 3d effect that doesn't look like a photo.

Best wishes with your painting
Derek
Ps I keep threatening to try some the techniques that guy on BBC4 uses. The way he produces sky, trees and water is amazing.

I finished my yesterday's Stile Painting, of Wolvescote Dale A4 and probably 2 hours in total. I have no idea what to do for my next series. More paper and paint arrived today so well stocked now. Started useing Windsor and Newton Cotman Tubes, not as good as some others I have but less expensive. Actually my colour range is very small thank goodness, I now understand why Artists used to go through Colour periods, Blue Period, Red Period, probably when hard up and had to use the paint they had. :)

View attachment 42496

Any suggestions what my next series of landscapes/seascapes should be? All gretfully accepted.

Last edited: