What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...still peeing down despite that I have dispatched the beasts outside to blow off some of their energy...shopping to collect this morning first must put some air in the tyres...no work planned for today it would be good to finally get a grip on the housework...woke to a 6.2...keep safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all - no rain here since at least 6.00 am:) Hugs for @gennepher @Muddy Cyclist and Judith Green for yesterday's Alexa wakeup. Hurrahs for @Krystyna23040 @karen8967 and @Alien Aspie for great starts to the day and anyone else feeling extra fine and dandy today. It is unanimously agreed by the Libre scanning committee that my fbg today shall be 4.7, so there. Five year evaluation over, now to deal with the next five years. Senior managers feel relationships with the community (this forum), woe and lifestyle need re-purposing somewhat. Less Fung and analysis more prayer, movement and hugs with grandchildren now I'm so old. Super salmon salad Friday is a good way to start.:woot::woot:

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, nothing much to report other than me and Doomy are still locked in our daily battles, some he wins some I wrestle control. Have a nice weekend everyone I wont be as I am attempting some decking (first time for a while putting it down) so busy it is. probably spend the time retrieving tools/wood from sidekick Sid. But I wouldn't have it any other way if I'm honest.

Take care everyone and stay safe

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My daily painting for today. In ZenBrush2 app.

I was attempting to do an orchid. The whole painting is done with the side or tip of my little right finger. The flowers in the middle were a bit too long, and then I managed to get a bit more control with my little finger and got shorter petals.

A lot more practice is needed.

View attachment 42588
Love it. Lovely composition. Those little dots in the flowers look tricky. I think that there is more to this app than first appears - just a matter of fiddling about with it. How are you getting along with different pressures?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A morning in my art studio listening to Schuberts Impromptus, Beethovens Winterreise and painting, peace.

So finished the oil, added some highlights, got the tree more prominent and tidied up the edges of the monument, enough!
View attachment 42568
Also started a new Watercolour of Essex Bridge a packhorse bridge over the Trent at Great Haywood, I have ridden horse and bike over 'this bridge, bike feels much safer than on horse back and many occasion I have chickened out and forded the river choosing wet over fright.
View attachment 42570

Hope to finish this afternoon.
Good stuff. The tree really works. Like the sky.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg this morning was 4.2 I think, as son is staying with us and now every one seems to have different ideas on what to eat control is not so good made a big mistake today and had a roast beef sandwich for lunch blood sugar rose to 12.5 and didn't come down for some while but dropped to 5.7 eventually, son is cooking a birthday meal for his Mum Chicken Biryani dread to think what that will do to blood sugars but maybe a small portion won't do me too much harm.

And then there is the birthday cake OMG!
“I had better not have any of that”

“Oh now that looks good - just a small portion then and an after dinner mint - it’s faffffer thin.”

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 this morning

mr gee and I were away to the charity 'shed' today for a couple of hours, hiding out in a 'staff only' room and wearing our masks ;)

Not too many customer type people about so far and, I think, about 60% mask wearing. Everyone was being reminded as they left that from tomorrow, 'no mask no entry' is the rule :)

More covid relaxations announced for Scotland today, some from tomorrow and some coming into force next week.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - nice orchid study :) 'finger' painting seems to suit well with this app.

@Muddy Cyclist - yes, that's made the tree 'pop' very satisfactorily, your commissioner should be delighted. Plus it's an interesting start to the next painting, very architectural already :) I enjoy the varied responses you generate to the weekly challenge too.

Arty bit -

just a standard seascape, the sea and sky seemed surprisingly different on the day, the sky was quite monochrome but the sea and other colours were quite strong.

I've got a bottle of that 'resist' fluid now so I shall begin some experiments to see how it handles I think.

View attachment 42590
Great mountain flow and you have captured the reflection of the sky in the water very well

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.6

Temp35.7

Arthritis flared up badly last night, especially in right wrist. Nothing worked to stop the pain. No med, or strategy, or anything worked for sleep.

Turned into a zombie by this morning...

Take care...
I really am not very good with my arthritis - nothing works to ease it - just a grin and bear or even bare when it decides to get awkward. I have a lot of it in my lower back due a nasty accident when bones healed and a young body then ignored it - payback time. I feel your pain.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
At 6 AM this morning was 6.6 by 7 AM was 5.0 so the rather heavy carb day yesterday didn't do too much damage it seems.

Gave Judith a set of white Night water colour full pan paints for her birthday yesterday she is looking forward to trying them out this weekend.:)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a day of potential sun in the dark and dangerous north

No reading this morning, the wonder wheel met it’s maker during the night, passing away peacefully in it’s virtual sleep. Will attach another one in a wee while.

Bread making yesterday using a mixture of fibreflour, bread flour, a dash of wheat gluten and some chia and sunflower seeds - came out fine after a single rise and baked in the oven with a cup of water chucked in the bottom.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday - we have our granddaughter again today - busy having her morning nap at present so best get some kofee going.

upload_2020-7-10_10-9-21.jpeg

Reactions: lindisfel

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a day of potential sun in the dark and dangerous north

No reading this morning, the wonder wheel met it’s maker during the night, passing away peacefully in it’s virtual sleep. Will attach another one in a wee while.

Bread making yesterday using a mixture of fibreflour, bread flour, a dash of wheat gluten and some chia and sunflower seeds - came out fine after a single rise and baked in the oven with a cup of water chucked in the bottom.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday - we have our granddaughter again today - busy having her morning nap at present so best get some kofee going.

View attachment 42593
Artwork looks fantastic. Granddaughter well disciplined. Now, that bread. Did you guess ratios or follow a recipe, did it turn out like bread and, if eaten, how did your bg react please? If you are a good boy I'll let you enjoy your coffee:angelic:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
probably spend the time retrieving tools/wood from sidekick Sid.
Ahh love the thought of Sid giving you a helping hand john...Harry helps out here all the time he eats whatever food is in the cat bowls despite my attempts to stop him...have a good weekend.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Before breakfast 5.1. Two hrs after breakfast 5.6. So it looks - at last - that I am moving into a new phase where my fast acting insulin actually is working properly.

Perhaps it takes years for this to.happen if you have (like me) probably had diabetes for 20 plus years.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.am FBG 6.4
That's the end of icecream. Even with dollop of peanut butter and cream still high next day.
Rain over night has freshened the garden.