What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...busy here today...worked again yesterday first call on this job just after 8am finally finished with the result around 10pm lots of waiting in between interviews finally got there...a little shattered this morning but the sun is shining the beasts have gone out so quiet here the silence & coffee are doing the trick...Charlie was out yesterday another stranger cat on the summer house roof with him...so worried they would fight so walked down they ran off together it seems Charlie may have found himself a friend for now once they establish their territory I hope that lasts... @gennepher relieved you managed to get some sleep & the pain has eased...woke to a 6.7...keep safe everyone.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
We have been given a courgette plant the last few years by friends in our hamlet who have a greenhouse.
I only found out this year the little ones that drop off and dont grow are from ungerminated female flowers.
The male flowers grow on thin stems and female on thick, so I have been using a small watercolour brush to pick up pollen from inside the male flowers and brush it on the inside of the female flowers.
In lieu of getting the right insects it works every time. I never cease to wonder at the natural world.
I hope we realise how much we need to be planetary stewards before its too late?

Been reading Victore Frankl's book on mans search for meaning.

In that context I was thinking about you gennepher living with much pain. It certainly brings out the best in your friends here and is a source of encouragement to others how you bear it.
Best wishes
Derek

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.

A straight 6 on the meter of mystery and naughtiness this early morning.

A trifle ( other puddings available from all good post offices ) busy today, up and down step ladders, trying to clear some chores so I can be taken out mid week to the Berkshire Downs breaking my shielding.

Have a great day fellow posters.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon everyone from the pleasantness of the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of duck with a herby pile of celeriac ‘chips’ cooked in our air fryer came in at 5.1 this am

An outing - this is the first time that I have been out since the end of February - over the moors to our little house on the prairie. Just until tomorrow. Big issue, Big issue - not blooming koffy -help! Still, a few bottles of wine so not to worry.

@geefull - loving your painting, my favorite so far. @Muddy Cyclist - like the finished bridge. The foreground is much pleasing. @gennepher - agree with your summary - all very interesting when practicing but then it all goes west when it comes to concentrating on the ‘doing’. Hope you are feeling a bit better today. I make turmeric tea and drink some each day - no idea if it does anything but there you go.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The what muscle Krystyna I'll google it whatever it is I'm sure I haven't got one...all my muscles packed up & left home when lockdown started;););)
I really hope they come back.. Do you want me to send out an appeal on the muscles lost and found Facebook page.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was watching my online conference, on my Android, hidden, secluded in my overgrown front garden, among the Buddliea, droneflies, every other flying insect, and many many butterflies. I watched my parcels being delivered through letterbox, and one went round the side to put it in my safe place. I did not move or say a word because the last person I did that to nearly had a heart attack and was clutching my window ledge. I came in just gone noon, and cat asked where had I been. I told him we would both go in the back garden in a minute, and to just let me do my painting. He said NO, and his paw kept creeping round the iPad...

So I put it down, and put my head on the pillow, and promptly fell asleep. Woke up about 15 minutes ago. Nearly 3 hours sleep. A pile of message alerts on my phone, they can wait until tonight. Cat was asleep by my feet. I still have my conference to listen to, but at least my phone has been recharged! So, my idea of trying to do a butterfly on here did not materialise (maybe tomorrow), I ended up doing some bamboo instead just in black, apart from the seal which is in red. I gave myself 15 minutes.

So here we are. I deliberated a few minutes where to place this red seal, this was the spot I chose.
The sun is out, coffee and cat, and back garden now. I cannot wait to open my parcels to see my bargains, and if what I ordered meets my expectations....
AD352DFB-861D-46A0-BF2D-8F5E1F994B13.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - agree with your summary - all very interesting when practicing but then it all goes west when it comes to concentrating on the ‘doing’. Hope you are feeling a bit better today. I make turmeric tea and drink some each day - no idea if it does anything but there you go.

Yes, it does go west in the doing!

I do feel better, thank you :)

Turmeric! I used to make Golden Paste when my Hearing Dog for the Deaf had a brain tumour (after investigation, expensive, and being offered cancer treatment for her despite her being 14 years old which I declined on age factor and possible distress to her, so veterinary hospital said kindest thing then was to withdraw all treatment and she would die in a few days to a week.

I was already giving her Golden Paste and Reiki to help her, and to help her to pass in peace. But that didn't happen, she carried on living. She was happy. She carried on working for all sounds for me (she'd had her official retirement certificate, but she never looked at it!). And Popeye, instead of trying to be top cat/dog?, got on with her the best he has ever done, and they even slept together. Meg lived more than another year. Popeye, for the first time, was an Angel towards her.

You reminded me this with Turmeric. I will get some...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Turmeric! I used to make Golden Paste when my Hearing Dog for the Deaf had a brain tumour (after investigation, expensive, and being offered cancer treatment for her despite her being 14 years old which I declined on age factor and possible distress to her, so veterinary hospital said kindest thing then was to withdraw all treatment and she would die in a few days to a week.

I was already giving her Golden Paste and Reiki to help her, and to help her to pass in peace. But that didn't happen, she carried on living. She was happy. She carried on working for all sounds for me (she'd had her official retirement certificate, but she never looked at it!). And Popeye, instead of trying to be top cat/dog?, got on with her the best he has ever done, and they even slept together. Meg lived more than another year. Popeye, for the first time, was an Angel towards her.

You definitely did the right thing with your dog. We have made the same decision with 14 year old Archie and would not let him go through invasive treatment at his age.

Amazing that he lived for another year with the turmeric. We have started Archie on turmeric recently just to support him as he gets older. We must start using it ourselves.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I do make golden paste from time to time but mainly make the tea and store in the fridge - the recipe that I use is from my Bengali friends who say that it needs to be made with turmeric root, ginger and importantly, cracked black pepper to aid absorbtion. I buy my turmeric root online and store in the freezer.
Love the bamboo. I was messing around with the idea of a weak sun and then went and plonked a helicopter in it

upload_2020-7-11_16-3-43.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do make golden paste from time to time but mainly make the tea and store in the fridge - the recipe that I use is from my Bengali friends who say that it needs to be made with turmeric root, ginger and importantly, cracked black pepper to aid absorbtion. I buy my turmeric root online and store in the freezer.
Love the bamboo. I was messing around with the idea of a weak sun and then went and plonked a helicopter in it

View attachment 42612

Thank you @dunelm for your info on the golden paste and turmeric. I appreciate that.

Thanks for the bamboo compliment :)

I love your bamboo, and weak sun, and the helicopter!!!!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You definitely did the right thing with your dog. We have made the same decision with 14 year old Archie and would not let him go through invasive treatment at his age.

Amazing that he lived for another year with the turmeric. We have started Archie on turmeric recently just to support him as he gets older. We must start using it ourselves.

Hugs for Archie.

I hope it helps him...and you :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 42612
Another brilliant creation, reminds me of a film, can't remember which, in Vietnam. You certainly have some talent with this Zen App.

Thanks for the bridge painting compliment.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was watching my online conference, on my Android, hidden, secluded in my overgrown front garden, among the Buddliea, droneflies, every other flying insect, and many many butterflies. I watched my parcels being delivered through letterbox, and one went round the side to put it in my safe place. I did not move or say a word because the last person I did that to nearly had a heart attack and was clutching my window ledge. I came in just gone noon, and cat asked where had I been. I told him we would both go in the back garden in a minute, and to just let me do my painting. He said NO, and his paw kept creeping round the iPad...

So I put it down, and put my head on the pillow, and promptly fell asleep. Woke up about 15 minutes ago. Nearly 3 hours sleep. A pile of message alerts on my phone, they can wait until tonight. Cat was asleep by my feet. I still have my conference to listen to, but at least my phone has been recharged! So, my idea of trying to do a butterfly on here did not materialise (maybe tomorrow), I ended up doing some bamboo instead just in black, apart from the seal which is in red. I gave myself 15 minutes.

So here we are. I deliberated a few minutes where to place this red seal, this was the spot I chose.
The sun is out, coffee and cat, and back garden now. I cannot wait to open my parcels to see my bargains, and if what I ordered meets my expectations....
View attachment 42611
Getting better all the time, brilliant use of that Zen App.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Todays long Muddy Cycle ride took me over Essex Bridge the one I did a painting of yesterday. Then along the Trent Mersey Canal. I went under a metal bridge, built by the Anson family as they did not like walking over the Packhorse bridge to get to church, the bridge goes over the Canal, used to go over the River Trent until the 1950s. So today's painting is of the Canal and this metal bridge. Been so busy in the garden that I have not finished it so here it is so far....
IMG_3476.JPG

Lots still to do.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

we've been having a quiet day today after our busier couple of weeks. Amazing how tiring doing the stuff that was 'normal' feels after so long in lockdown ;)

It's raining on and off and fairly windy so not even a bit of gardening going on.

Yesterday I picked up some cottage cheese as a snack for lunch and only realised it was low fat which had been put on the wrong shelf when I got outside:sorry:

I did try it, but it was horrible just as it is :sorry: so today I tried using it in a sort of fruity Yorkshire curd tart for mr gee and his mum, I'm not convinced it's going to be edible though :hilarious:

I think part of the problem is that to try to get it to taste reasonable they put a lot of salt in it (in addition to the extra sugar they almost always put in low fat stuff).

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - like the bamboo, helicopter and all :D

@gennepher - glad you managed some rest and once again you've produced a dynamic, flowing composition with your bamboo :)

@Muddy Cyclist - interesting beginning and I look forward to seeing the progressed version :)

today's arty bit -
I agree with you @gennepher the resist stuff is not easy to use and dries very fast, mine is quite an old bottle and I suspect that if I use much of an area it will damage the paper surface :( I may order some newer shortly, if I'd thought I could have bought some yesterday.

next experiment with the resist -
upload_2020-7-11_19-50-18.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.4 today

we've been having a quiet day today after our busier couple of weeks. Amazing how tiring doing the stuff that was 'normal' feels after so long in lockdown ;)

It's raining on and off and fairly windy so not even a bit of gardening going on.

Yesterday I picked up some cottage cheese as a snack for lunch and only realised it was low fat which had been put on the wrong shelf when I got outside:sorry:

I did try it, but it was horrible just as it is :sorry: so today I tried using it in a sort of fruity Yorkshire curd tart for mr gee and his mum, I'm not convinced it's going to be edible though :hilarious:

I think part of the problem is that to try to get it to taste reasonable they put a lot of salt in it (in addition to the extra sugar they almost always put in low fat stuff).

@gennepher - glad you managed some rest and once again you've produced a dynamic, flowing composition with your bamboo :)

@Muddy Cyclist - interesting beginning and I look forward to seeing the progressed version :)

today's arty bit -
I agree with you @gennepher the resist stuff is not easy to use and dries very fast, mine is quite an old bottle and I suspect that if I use much of an area it will damage the paper surface :( I may order some newer shortly, if I'd thought I could have bought some yesterday.

View attachment 42614

Low fat cottage cheese is absolutely foul...I would have binned it. I have done the same myself picked up a low fat one that got put with the full fat ones.

Thank you for the painting compliment @geefull

A brilliant painting, making very good use of that resist. You have done some amazing foamy waves with it. Absolutely perfect!

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Todays long Muddy Cycle ride took me over Essex Bridge the one I did a painting of yesterday. Then along the Trent Mersey Canal. I went under a metal bridge, built by the Anson family as they did not like walking over the Packhorse bridge to get to church, the bridge goes over the Canal, used to go over the River Trent until the 1950s. So today's painting is of the Canal and this metal bridge. Been so busy in the garden that I have not finished it so here it is so far....
View attachment 42613
Lots still to do.

An interesting beginning. I like looking how people start their watercolours,

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

today's arty bit -

View attachment 42614
That's excellent. The resist worked well, sky,sea all very well painted.

I have just done about 40 minutes on the painting of the Canal bridge and it's getting away from the idea I had in my mind. At the moment I am liking the earlier stage as when I posted it on the forum.

Low fat anything, Yuk! Like you say always full of sugar or sweeteners which changes the taste.

Reactions: ianpspurs