What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing confusing about this - we began our Thursday and Friday minding duties at a couple of weeks ago - nothing that an ever changing list on the ‘things to do’ chalkboard can’t solve - or so you might think.
Problems come when the leads, treats and paddling pools become mixed up - we're over 65 y'know. Toddler harnesses have gone all up market back packy. Pups do wait and flat so much better and only need a stick for a toy.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a day of promise and interest in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of hung, drawn and quartered pork pie, tortured out of it’s skin and accompanied by a few green things and a host of home made pickles came in at 4.8 this am.

Quick, quick, quick this morning - a full day - car in for software update (how did we ever come to this), Visits to extra care care facilities - whatever ‘extra care’ means and a ride on my bike if I get the chance.

This morning, a tried for 5 minutes - think about the composition and then whatever happens, just get it down.
Dry, wet, black, red. Koffy on the go, tea in the pot for Mrs Miggins, have a great day.

View attachment 43234

Beautiful painting @dunelm

Going with the flow is good.

Car update of software? That is a new one to me!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Beautiful painting @dunelm

Going with the flow is good.

Car update of software? That is a new one to me!
I forgot to offer my appreciation of your morning's artwork. It does seem to me that some of the emotion of the night has poured out into that work. Hope the day is peaceful and restful for you from now .

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This getting older is a real limiting factor at times, but there is no alternative to finding a work round like doing less and keeping positive.
I gave you a hug but thanks for a nice reminder also. My old mom was fond of saying "We are all going the same way, but if I find out there is anyone going the other there's going to be a bother" :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher thanks for the memory from your moody but well executed art. I know that forest well from long autumn walks along the beach a good few years ago now.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I forgot to offer my appreciation of your morning's artwork. It does seem toi me that some of the emotion of the night has poured out into that work. Hope the day is peaceful and restful for you from now .

Thank you @ianpspurs for your appreciation of this morning’s artwork.

I will be sitting/swinging on my thatched swing for today...it sends Popeye to sleep as well...

Reactions: geefull

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist. A day out with grandchildren - superb. Our youngest son keeps posting images of the three ninky nonks as they visited a NT garden or park each day over the Factory Fortnight. Good sketch.
Thanks, Grandchildren are always good to be around, lots of tree climbing yesterday although on Mrs MCs instruction I stayed firmly on the ground.

Like that quick go with the flow sketch, so often these relaxed approaches turn out successfull compositions as in this example.

When I attended Life Drawing classes my best results were the 5 minute A1 sketches the lecturer used to make us do.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an exhausting day yesterday started a job at just after 9am finally got to bed at 3am today...feeling shattered had one coffee just about to have another then feet up...during the difficulties of negotiating custody suites & block head detention officers with all of 6 weeks training yesterday Lola was trilling around my feet...she was singing away I bent down gently to stroke that innocent little head she'd brought me a frog placed it right at my feet...picked the poor thing up gently (kitchen roll) it's gullet was still moving so put it back in the garden hope the poor little thing made it...door must be closed now no matter how hot it gets...off to make more coffee...woke to a 6.5 ...keep safe everyone

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an exhausting day yesterday started a job at just after 9am finally got to bed at 3am today...feeling shattered had one coffee just about to have another then feet up...during the difficulties of negotiating custody suites & block head detention officers with all of 6 weeks training yesterday Lola was trilling around my feet...she was singing away I bent down gently to stroke that innocent little head she'd brought me a frog placed it right at my feet...picked the poor thing up gently (kitchen roll) it's gullet was still moving so put it back in the garden hope the poor little thing made it...door must be closed now no matter how hot it gets...off to make more coffee...woke to a 6.5 ...keep safe everyone

Wait until you get a frog prince in your bed @HarryBeau
That was Popeye's specialty...

Take care.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Got a reading of 3.9 this morning though that was with a new sensor had it in place a few days before activating it.

This is what the old sensor left me with.

Ouch.jpg

Ouch!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Melody took a photo the other day thought I'd share it. No filters raw image.
received_330691208112648.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
FB_IMG_1597060132311.jpg
FB_IMG_1597060132311.jpg
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, late on parade again.
Blood sugars this morening or morning if you're anal over British spelling were a late fruit salad inspired 8.3, still less the 10 limit.

Well posters and painters I looked at the BBC'S work of science fiction and fantasy or otherwise known as the weather forecast and decided to go out on the bike early this morning getting back to Tilehurst Towers about 11:15am. I stayed reasonably local crisscrossing the Oxon and West Berkshire borders covering 74miles. Hopefully the attached picture will show the bike parked up on the Ridgeway an ancient foot path looking north, unfortunately the view is slightly hazy. Double drat the file size is to large to post, I shall play around and post it later if I can reduce the size.
Have a great afternoon, stay cool.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 43237 View attachment 43237 Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, late on parade again.
Blood sugars this morening or morning if you're anal over British spelling were a late fruit salad inspired 8.3, still less the 10 limit.

Well posters and painters I looked at the BBC'S work of science fiction and fantasy or otherwise known as the weather forecast and decided to go out on the bike early this morning getting back to Tilehurst Towers about 11:15am. I stayed reasonably local crisscrossing the Oxon and West Berkshire borders covering 74miles. Hopefully the attached picture will show the bike parked up on the Ridgeway an ancient foot path looking north, unfortunately the view is slightly hazy. Double drat the file size is to large to post, I shall play around and post it later if I can reduce the size.
Have a great afternoon, stay cool.
Nice part of the world, walked and cycled parts of the Ridgeway. So nice you visited twice and managed to park in exactly the same place both times. :joyful:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.35am FBG 6.8 lunchtime cake! And nibbles all evening.

6.40am FBG 6.3
Seems even shovelling earth for two hours was not enough exercise to bring it down.

Reactions: karen8967

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.6 today

long day yesterday,
I started off the day by deciding that I was going to make ice cream to go with lunch at mum's (first time this year), a mixture of sweetened fruit puree, extra thick double cream, full fat yoghurt and real egg custard all sweetened with a mix of erthritol and truvia :D

when we got to mum's it was hot so we ate outside and with the threat of thunderstorms from the forecast got out the lawnmowers and spent the rest of the afternoon cutting grass.

Katy was staying with us last night because she had an early appt. with the clipper in Dornoch this morning, by the time we'd walked her round the village I was jiggered :sorry: sat down and fell asleep, didn't even get to doing any art other than a quick little pencil sketch during the afternoon.

Out early today with Katy, she is much more 'sveldt' this afternoon than she was this morning ;)

Made some more jam this afternoon (blackcurrant and gooseberry), I find the smell that pervades the house nostalgic but very sickly sweet. so all the windows are currently wide open :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@ianpspurs - do you find making your own almond milk easy? I have trouble even grinding almonds properly myself, probably I'm using the wrong equipment :sorry:

@dunelm - your 'sketches' always have a strong graphic composition and flow :) the trees against the sky have such a feeling of the light in it

@gennepher - hope you're having a peaceful day today:).
two impressive pieces of art, lovely blending in those backgrounds, very atmospheric both of them, one very serene and one quite brooding :)

@Muddy Cyclist - interesting and solid progress on your trees and I like your pencil sketch very much it has a great sense of the place :joyful: sounds like it was a magical day.

Art bits -
thank you for the art compliments, it's a very encouraging and supportive group we have here :)

my sketches tend to be details of foliage or flowers rather than full landscapes but I do intend to try plein air :)

no 1 - trying out a couple of Derwent coloured (water soluble) graphite pencils, not one of my better efforts, the pencils didn't handle as I expected, I did a line drawing first then added a couple of other colours but when I used a wet brush to try blending the original lineart almost disappeared and I had to quickly sketch over it again :sorry:
upload_2020-8-10_16-49-39.jpeg

no 2 - a small letterbox in my usual style ;)
upload_2020-8-10_16-48-6.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.6 today

long day yesterday,
I started off the day by deciding that I was going to make ice cream to go with lunch at mum's (first time this year), a mixture of sweetened fruit puree, extra thick double cream, full fat yoghurt and real egg custard all sweetened with a mix of erthritol and truvia :D

when we got to mum's it was hot so we ate outside and with the threat of thunderstorms from the forecast got out the lawnmowers and spent the rest of the afternoon cutting grass.

Katy was staying with us last night because she had an early appt. with the clipper in Dornoch this morning, by the time we'd walked her round the village I was jiggered :sorry: sat down and fell asleep, didn't even get to doing any art other than a quick little pencil sketch during the afternoon.

Out early today with Katy, she is much more 'sveldt' this afternoon than she was this morning ;)

Made some more jam this afternoon (blackcurrant and gooseberry), I find the smell that pervades the house nostalgic but very sickly sweet. so all the windows are currently wide open :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@ianpspurs - do you find making your own almond milk easy? I have trouble even grinding almonds properly myself, probably I'm using the wrong equipment :sorry:

@dunelm - your 'sketches' always have a strong graphic composition and flow :) the trees against the sky have such a feeling of the light in it

@gennepher - hope you're having a peaceful day today:).
two impressive pieces of art, lovely blending in those backgrounds, very atmospheric both of them, one very serene and one quite brooding :)

@Muddy Cyclist - interesting and solid progress on your trees and I like your pencil sketch very much it has a great sense of the place :joyful: sounds like it was a magical day.

Art bits -
thank you for the art compliments, it's a very encouraging and supportive group we have here :)

my sketches tend to be details of foliage or flowers rather than full landscapes but I do intend to try plein air :)

no 1 - trying out a couple of Derwent coloured (water soluble) graphite pencils, not one of my better efforts, the pencils didn't handle as I expected, I did a line drawing first then added a couple of other colours but when I used a wet brush to try blending the original lineart almost disappeared and I had to quickly sketch over it again :sorry:
View attachment 43243
no 2 - a small letterbox in my usual style ;) View attachment 43242
Great art and a busy day yesterday. Almonds? The kettle does the grinding as part of the cycle. Soak the nuts at least overnight, drain and rinse. Tip into kettle, add water to the line then switch on. I run through 2 different sized sieves - plenty of meal/slurry. We used to dry this - defrost in oven on grease proof paper- then grind into fine almond flour but we rarely bake anymore - too much blue air at the failures. Don't even make the infamous CCBs but may resume those if I get weight back where I feel it should be.

Last edited: