What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. Relaxing and reading and drinking coffee after the dog walk.

We do the quiz in the 'i' every Saturday. Mr K got 4 out of 10 right. I only got 3 right. So Me K was the winner today.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, as she had to drive home herself, a long way very late evening in the dark (and she doesn't do nighttime driving), then could I stay up until she got home. I am in my bed nice and comfy and she has country lanes to navigate, so to put her mind at ease, I said yes.
You are a really good friend. Hope you catch up with your sleep today..

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who ponder over the bbc's work of science fiction and fantasy or otherwise known as the weather forecast. Shall I have a ride on the motorbike or not.

Today, this morning a reading of 7.2 on the meter of mystery and naughtiness.

Well fellow posters and painters I wonder how your day will progress, for the artists possibly a daubing of the medium of your choice, whatever, some nice works of art have been posted. For us mere mortals without artistic abilities, perhaps we could break open a can of Dulux.......
Think I shall say no more incase Mrs J has similar thoughts.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We have also just discovered choritzo. It is lovely in our courgette pizza boats.
Glad you have discovered chorizo. Way back when I started this I ate breakfast . I often had chorizo as a base with eggs in a nest of spinach. This brand/iteration is very Goldilocks for me - not too hot, not too bland. I'm sure courgette pizza boats are delicious. I have never recovered from the early DD/Keto dishes and bakes :arghh: (well known members would describe eating them and would be all gushing and I would bang my head against the wall) - we threw away a wheelie bin full of ingredients when we moved. I was never too bothered about the word yummy until joining here - drives me mad hearing or reading an adult use it now. I do hope I never become a grumpy old man:angelic:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - great work staying awake for your friend - what a pal. Love the Snowdon painting. Just a guess but maybe taken from where the path (read scramble) of Crib Goch meets the pathway from Llanberis - but not sure. In any event a lovely piece of work. Sympathise with the gritty eyes.

Thank you @dunelm
I have never been to the top of Snowdon. But I have been up Cader Idris and down that horrid scree...

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, best make some koffy.

upload_2020-8-15_8-30-5-jpeg.43356
I love this peaceful quiet painting...I'll wander in that today...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
We have also just discovered choritzo. It is lovely in our courgette pizza boats.
I do a Jambalaya with chicken, chorizo sausage, shrimp, tomato, onion, celery, Cajun spice and cauliflower rice very tasty and only about 11g carb per portion. ( a very good meal to make in the instant pot )

Oh yes my fbg this morning 3.9.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday: The sequel will be fun in a robust sort of way:bigtears::bigtears: I hope members' children/grandchildren aren't thrown under the bus like A Level students were. T2/diet can be dealt with - young lives wrecked less salvageable.

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-15_12-16-4.png
    upload_2020-8-15_12-16-4.png
    771.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do a Jambalaya with chicken, chorizo sausage, shrimp, tomato, onion, celery, Cajun spice and cauliflower rice very tasty and only about 11g carb per portion. ( a very good meal to make in the instant pot )

Oh yes my fbg this morning 3.9.
Your Jambalaya sounds delicious.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you have discovered chorizo. Way back when I started this I ate breakfast . I often had chorizo as a base with eggs in a nest of spinach. This brand/iteration is very Goldilocks for me - not too hot, not too bland. I'm sure courgette pizza boats are delicious. I have never recovered from the early DD/Keto dishes and bakes :arghh: (well known members would describe eating them and would be all gushing and I would bang my head against the wall) - we threw away a wheelie bin full of ingredients when we moved. I was never too bothered about the word yummy until joining here - drives me mad hearing or reading an adult use it now. I do hope I never become a grumpy old man:angelic:
The courgette pizza boats were a recipe on the Sainsbury's website. Was very surprised that they are so nice.

I made the decision when I started low carb that I would carry on eating the meals I enjoyed but just cutting out the rice, pasta and potatoes. That bit was easy because I really disliked their bland taste.

A large part my decision to do this was that it was so much easier if we ate the same stuff. Mr K would just add the starchy stuff. Then he admitted that he much preferred my spiralised courgettes etc. than the pasta and rice he was eating. He still does love his potatoes though.

He was really pleased that I ditched the low fat way of eating and we stopped steaming vegetables and started stir frying them in butter.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The courgette pizza boats were a recipe on the Sainsbury's website. Was very surprised that they are so nice.

I made the decision when I started low carb that I would carry on eating the meals I enjoyed but just cutting out the rice, pasta and potatoes. That bit was easy because I really disliked their bland taste.

A large part my decision to do this was that it was so much easier if we ate the same stuff. Mr K would just add the starchy stuff. Then he admitted that he much preferred my spiralised courgettes etc. than the pasta and rice he was eating. He still does love his potatoes though.

He was really pleased that I ditched the low fat way of eating and we stopped steaming vegetables and started stir frying them in butter.
Must make it easier if you can both eat the same. I'm still not ready to stir fry in butter and have never found an LC/Keto sauce that is edible. I do like beansprouts and water chestnuts though. Exhausted my tolerance for spiraliised courgettes by the end of first 6 months. Rarely eat cauliflower rice anymore now mostly roast florets or cauli cheese.

Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @dunelm
I have never been to the top of Snowdon. But I have been up Cader Idris and down that horrid scree...

I love this peaceful quiet painting...I'll wander in that today...
Thank you for the comment - Cader Idris does have a bit of scree. I did my Summer mountain leaderships assessment on Cader Idris so did camp out on the top (ish) of it. The winter course was inThe Cairngorms - brrrh!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
The small tortoiseshell, this is sadly becoming rare, I have only seen one this year. I remember seeing more of these than many other types.
It wasn't till I took this photo that I realised that I'm no longer seeing the swarms of small insects that we used to see it's sad that they seem to be on the wane now.

Ladybird 140820.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher nice mountain scape and good light, I miss walking in the mountains, Snowdon is not my favourite, been to busy for many years now and unless misty the paths are so well trod you don't even need maps anymore. But great art work.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally finished my project, Yes there are a lot of errors and I had to shrink it down from 5000x7000 to post it, also had to strip unnecessary data to reduce the size. Still looks ok. The odd figure near the base of the bridge (right) is a statue of Lao Tzu riding an ox coming out of the water. It's stylised so I was just splish splosh done.

One cheat, the leaves are created with a Procreate brush that makes leaves, I did change it a bit to suit me.

Enjoy

Oh my FBG was 5.9 back when :)

View attachment 43360

WOW @Alien Aspie

That is absolutely blinking amazing

I am still wandering around your painting...

That is not a cheat using the Procreate brush to create leaves, I have used them. But I am looking for an alternative by combining two brushes to create a custom brush.

Edit...it is so annoying to have to shrink your painting down to be able to post it...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Finally finished my project, Yes there are a lot of errors and I had to shrink it down from 5000x7000 to post it, also had to strip unnecessary data to reduce the size. Still looks ok. The odd figure near the base of the bridge (right) is a statue of Lao Tzu riding an ox coming out of the water. It's stylised so I was just splish splosh done.

One cheat, the leaves are created with a Procreate brush that makes leaves, I did change it a bit to suit me.

Enjoy

View attachment 43360
"Still looks ok" - understatement of the Common Era. "Mr Aspie has produced a timeless, transcendent masterpiece transporting one to a place of peace and safety" Breckland Bugle.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher nice mountain scape and good light, I miss walking in the mountains, Snowdon is not my favourite, been to busy for many years now and unless misty the paths are so well trod you don't even need maps anymore. But great art work.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist
It is not the same when it is a conveyor belt of people is it. I cannot remotely do this stuff now anyway. But many years ago J and I were out at 4am in the summer so we didn't see people.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Summer mountain leaderships assessment on Cader Idris so did camp out on the top (ish) of it.
The first time I camped near the top of Cader was when I did my Queen Scout Walk. About 2am we were awoken by what sounded like a steam train getting louder and louder, we went out into the dark and it was a dead still night, the noise continued u til we were hit by a wall of wind that ripped our tent out of the ground never to be seen again, salvaged what we could and descended that scree slope in the pitch dark, no mobiles in those days just had to get on with it.

Liked the vastness in your art today, clever how a few marks can create amazing images.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Enjoy

View attachment 43360
You are definitely master of all things, I am in awe of your talent this is excellent art, depth, detail, colour, light and a bit of splish splash,what more can we ask?