What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An exact 5 for me this morning. I couldn't sleep last night and spent my time browsing that place of all things you never knew you needed. I have made a bid for a rowing machine. In the cold light of day I can't give any reason why I will just hope I am outbid - it wasn't a high bid and it is at least local if I do win. It is up tonight. It is not the first time I have done this the last time was a resuscitation dummy which I did win! I really must leave my tablet downstairs at night.
Take care

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Absolutely scary... inability to lift foot upwards.... which leads to problems in gait...

I’ve just googled and it is what I anticipated. I’m sure I’ve told the list I had strokes when I was 23.. a bit young and a lot unfortunate. I had drop foot following my strokes but it wasn’t permanent thankfully I still can’t use my left hand / arm but my foot plays up when I’m tired or if it’s cold or if I’ve walked on non stable ground. Or if I fall over Hugo ( which I did last year ) and ended up with torn ligaments and soft tissue damage. Hugs

Reactions: Shas3

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve just googled and it is what I anticipated. I’m sure I’ve told the list I had strokes when I was 23.. a bit young and a lot unfortunate. I had drop foot following my strokes but it wasn’t permanent thankfully I still can’t use my left hand / arm but my foot plays up when I’m tired or if it’s cold or if I’ve walked on non stable ground. Or if I fall over Hugo ( which I did last year ) and ended up with torn ligaments and soft tissue damage. Hugs
That's great that you made such a good recovery from the strokes. Not surprising that you fall over Hugo sometime. My husband fell over our two Labradors 18 months ago and broke his hip badly. It was a Wednesday and he was the third person to break bones falling over dogs that week.

Reactions: gennepher and Shas3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All from cloudy Cornwall. 5.3 this morning which makes me happy.
Squid and mussels last evening and a few skinny chips. 1 large G&ST and large wine. Hope the rain holds off for a beach walk later.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 so not too bad considering I've been celebrating my birthday.....all week!

I have had a lovely birthday. Family party for relatives 50th on Friday was brilliant. Irish theme right through the middle. The fiddler playing works in Lord of the Dance production. Wow. Just wow. The family themselves are a talented bunch so entertained us all night.

Then hubby took me away to a fab grade 11 listed building/Airbnb in Leyland. It included a hot tub so it was an incredibly relaxing break. Fresh poached eggs from the hens in the morning. What more could i ask for!!! Garden centre was exceptional, Worden Park and Astley Park, both fab if you are ever in this neck of the woods. Had a bit of an altercation with a bee! Here's my social media post:

Apparently I'm a big baby when it comes to a queen bee flying through the car window whilst travelling along. Yes I did shriek and flap my arms around shouting HELP!!!! STOP THE ******* CAR!!! OMG!!!! PULL OVER PULL OVER. Dual carriageway!!!! Felt like an eternity til we stopped. KARMA - hubby's no sympathy pay back when we arrived here at Astley Park and hubby was chased around....by the same queen bee or a very close relative at least! Looked almost identical. Uncanny really. I just watched and laughed.....a lot.

Edited by mod for poorly disguised profanity

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thanks for the message and sorry to hear about your strokes and challenges. Do take care. My foot drop has largely resolved though I still have weakness in leg muscles, which I hope is temporary. When I realized i had foot drop it was quite a shocker as i had no idea what was going on. To make matters worse doctors seemed to struggle to nail the cause. Everything i read said “foot drop can get better IF underlying condition is addressed” and doctors weren’t sure of underlying condition. It left me very depressed. Thankfully one doctor said “it maybe related to diabetes and based on last three weeks of tests it is improving. So exercise and supplements can help”, which was slightly reassuring but still left me very nervous that nobody knows the underlying cause which needs to be treated. Nevertheless now drop foot has resolved and in hindsight i am convinced it was a case of TIND.

Good luck to you...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An exact 5 for me this morning. I couldn't sleep last night and spent my time browsing that place of all things you never knew you needed. I have made a bid for a rowing machine. In the cold light of day I can't give any reason why I will just hope I am outbid - it wasn't a high bid and it is at least local if I do win. It is up tonight. It is not the first time I have done this the last time was a resuscitation dummy which I did win! I really must leave my tablet downstairs at night.
Take care

:wideyed: ....

BT/DT....Been there...done that ;) :D

Amazing what people will buy n sell at 3 am..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Take care

That is when I shop...when I cannot sleep...
:)

>^..^<

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
been pump clinic never got pump its gonna take 12 weeks to get up and running with appointments inbetween :)

Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Results from last Friday trickling in. Lipids seem reasonable if slightly uninspiring.
X6OFFyjtnO0xCI_Z4Xji3yak66qEmkW1ivllWNp47dTA0ssiJA8ilCdgXLDdFaMCELp8nAJTYgtYRQIkjvQFoJ6IlBWC6xsSaG9fgfocQvaC1ToUsIel4fMBAzirZN5I9Gzm5u2_

No idea if this is over sharing or helpful to anyone. From what I can gather those are ok so lipid watch over for another 6 months - but I have no doubt there are sources "out there" which will classify these as dreadful. Have a good, dry day.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon everyone :)

was 4.7 this morning

we just managed to get all the main grass areas cut yesterday over at mum's before it threw it down :) so we're having a quiet day today, I'm turning out a cupboard, it badly needs doing but it's not a favourite activity, I feel a trip to the dump and the charity shop may be on the horizon. ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

was 4.7 this morning

we just managed to get all the main grass areas cut yesterday over at mum's before it threw it down :) so we're having a quiet day today, I'm turning out a cupboard, it badly needs doing but it's not a favourite activity, I feel a trip to the dump and the charity shop may be on the horizon. ;)

Great fbs once again. Almost identical day for me yesterday - cut the grass knowing wettyMcwetface was on holiday here this week. Enjoy #cupboardgate.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

was 4.7 this morning

Thank you -- you have just encouraged me to get to work clearing out the file box in my closet! :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"Blame It On Rio" is a 1984 Michael Caine movie. The blue cartoon parrot is Rio, star of a 2011 movie, "Rio." I have already put off the file-box clearing out for at least 30 days ... but hey. I guess I can put it off a few more, right? :) Especially since it's the only good reason I have for not moving on to the last box when I've finished with the file box, and the last box has all the memorabilia I really don't want to deal with.

Reactions: gennepher

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 so not too bad considering I've been celebrating my birthday.....all week!

I have had a lovely birthday. Family party for relatives 50th on Friday was brilliant. Irish theme right through the middle. The fiddler playing works in Lord of the Dance production. Wow. Just wow. The family themselves are a talented bunch so entertained us all night.

Then hubby took me away to a fab grade 11 listed building/Airbnb in Leyland. It included a hot tub so it was an incredibly relaxing break. Fresh poached eggs from the hens in the morning. What more could i ask for!!! Garden centre was exceptional, Worden Park and Astley Park, both fab if you are ever in this neck of the woods. Had a bit of an altercation with a bee! Here's my social media post:

Apparently I'm a big baby when it comes to a queen bee flying through the car window whilst travelling along. Yes I did shriek and flap my arms around shouting HELP!!!! STOP THE ******* CAR!!! OMG!!!! PULL OVER PULL OVER. Dual carriageway!!!! Felt like an eternity til we stopped. KARMA - hubby's no sympathy pay back when we arrived here at Astley Park and hubby was chased around....by the same queen bee or a very close relative at least! Looked almost identical. Uncanny really. I just watched and laughed.....a lot.

Edited by mod for poorly disguised profanity

Edit: so sorry mods I thought I had disguised profanity enough. I can see now I need to try harder .;-) hopefully there won't be further need for such choice language Haha!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A1C came back 5.7 (top end of target zone.) Obviously grateful it is below recognised non-diabetic and far happier with the rest of the markers. "Good bg" and me are perhaps not meant to be but the conventional markers are far better so I presume some of us will always run higher. Bit of a stick or twist poser for me - will chasing lower bg cause problems elsewhere or is lower bg always best? I realise I am in a relatively fortunate position but the question may be pertinent to others.

Last edited: