What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1

Been tidying in garage to make a better painting studio. Finding all kinds of goodies...
Pouring with rain this morning.

Digital painting for today which is a painting I found in garage this morning and digitally altered it in Procreate, added StencilArt, and worked in Procreate again.

Here it is...

Now off to explore my Tardis again...

78343344-6E6F-4385-9FEA-2FAD4AA452CA.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
My suggestion was tongue in cheek really not saying we should go out shooting grey squirrels, though I have read that the organisations that rescue injured wild animals now face the prospect of killing the grey squirrels they have in their care as it is now illegal to release grey squirrels into the wild over the autumn and winter months so they will have to put them down.
Oh, I realise you were not serious, shooting is not a safe killing strategy as injured squirrels could suffer a lot of pain.

No, they trap them, but release any Reds they catch and then put the Greys in a plastic sack and hit them over the head.
This seems to be the only way to preserve our native Reds up here. I think its too late to help Red squirrels in the midlands and south.

I could not envisage a suitable strategy in the south where there are only 'island' populations of Reds.
D.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just back from the vets gennpeher Charlies last check up for the neck bite...he's behaved so well bribed with Dreamies & tuna now he's home they are fighting over the cardboard boxes...both claimed ownership of the larger one so I found another one which is only slightly smaller...honestly the drama...it's first come first served now!

They do love their cardboard boxes when they are younger @HarryBeau
:)

I used to make cardboard box city for my cats when I had a few more (er 10 of them).
It was very popular...

Fortunately Popeye is happy with my bed, or the potting shed which he has now claimed as his afternoon den, and I am not allowed in....

So I need to turn my garage into an artist's studio...it does have a comfy rocking chair in it...

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fortunately Popeye is happy with my bed
I'm relieved Charlie is happy with the cardboard box gennepher... keeps him from doing unspeakable things in my bedroom!...I have cat food being delivered tomorrow another box to add to the collection.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg of 3.2 this morning felt a little unwell with that but after breakfast was 4.3 and felt better.

Melody managed to get the photo she had been wanting to get when we were out walking the other day so she was happy.

PSX_20200921_181226.jpg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...enjoying the rain & a cool breeze but will have to close the garden doors as Lola brought me another live frog yesterday...rescued it put it back in the garden after she'd run off no idea if froggie made it or not we shall see...Charlies last check up at the vets will be pleased to see the end of those getting him in the house & cramming him into the basket is hard work...plus he weighs a ton...not a bad sleep last night must try to capitalise on it with more activity...woke to a 6.8...keep safe everyone.

Charlie & Lola who have almost every kind of basket prefer this...note Charlies back end!
View attachment 44205 View attachment 44206
Lovely picture. They look so contented.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Several days missed.
Think this covers them all.
19.09.2020 7.20am FBG 6.2
20.09.2020 6.45am FBG 6.4 by 7am still fasting had risen to 6.8
21.09 7.25am FBG 6.3
22.09 7.20am FBG 6.1
23.09 7.15am FBG 5.6

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Several days missed.
Think this covers them all.
19.09.2020 7.20am FBG 6.2
20.09.2020 6.45am FBG 6.4 by 7am still fasting had risen to 6.8
21.09 7.25am FBG 6.3
22.09 7.20am FBG 6.1
23.09 7.15am FBG 5.6
Of course that's winner X5 :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely picture. They look so contented.
Being spoilt now Krystyna although Charlie was ill but as they're are always together poor Lola got so stressed...they are now back happily fighting each other like all good brothers & sisters do

lindisfel

Expert
Very cold but dry today in North Cumbria, struggling to get up to 10 deg C.
Several flocks of Pink-footed Geese from Iceland have been going over going south.
And we have not spent much time outside, so its a coincidence or just a sample.

This must represent 1000's going south on a broad front today, and many thousands will be congregating in West Lancashire feeding on what farmers have left in the fields.
I hope there are no diabetic Pink-footed Geese!
Mind you they would soon get their blood sugars down. Flying around their winter quarters must burn a lot of fat off.
D.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No art painting from me, yet! :) Been most of the day in MILs loft, I thought it was empty but it's not so next week a day planned emptying loft :banghead:

Lots of photos of birds today. This turned up in our garden today, seems late in the season, very strange.

IMG_3826.JPG

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Being spoilt now Krystyna although Charlie was ill but as they're are always together poor Lola got so stressed...they are now back happily fighting each other like all good brothers & sisters do
That's exactly what Archie and Poppy are doing. We knew that Archie was properly better when he started playing and fighting with Poppy.

lindisfel

Expert
6.0 at 6.30 this am.
Off to surgery for blood test at 0845, then see doctor monday.

Summer is over and Autumn is here and leaves have been coming off for over a week.
The wind today will bring down the out of reach apples.

Bad news from the Scottish universities on Covid, so the same will occur soon in England if lessons are not learned.

It looks like come 31 December, Kent will need a special permit for vehicles to enter, so there is no visible signs of what will happen at the Channel.

No eggs or Lidl toilet rolls at shop yesterday, and we were first to go through door at 0800.

It did help in the Spring that we had two months of wall to wall sunshine through the first wave.

D.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a morning of interest and slight of hand in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a deconstructed three egg omelette came in at 4.8 this am

Rain yesterday - many different samples and some all at once, like in a large carpet warehouse surrounded by sample bundles, but for rain. Garden is now well watered and the bird feeders are looking sad. I stood in the rain taking pictures of wet and windblown bamboo - well, it’s something to do. A non contact infrared body thermometer arrived yesterday in the post. I expect that we may need another one for the grandchildren to play gunfight at the OK corral.

@Muddy Cyclist - thank you for your comments about the birch trees. And now a flower, just for a change and nicely done. Looks pretty good as it is.

@gennepher -thank you for your comments. Your digital art is excellently SciFi - Douglas Adams - so long and thank’s for all the fish.

Two today. Bamboo from the garden on rice paper and some blossom. I hope that everyone has the best day that they can have. I shall, of course be making koffy.

upload_2020-9-24_7-10-9.jpeg

upload_2020-9-24_7-10-42.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a morning of interest and slight of hand in the dark and dangerous north

Rain yesterday - many different samples and some all at once, like in a large carpet warehouse surrounded by sample bundles, but for rain. Garden is now well watered and the bird feeders are looking sad. I stood in the rain taking pictures of wet and windblown bamboo - well, it’s something to do. A non contact infrared body thermometer arrived yesterday in the post. I expect that we may need another one for the grandchildren to play gunfight at the OK corral.

@gennepher -thank you for your comments. Your digital art is excellently SciFi - Douglas Adams - so long and thank’s for all the fish.

Two today. Bamboo from the garden on rice paper and some blossom. I hope that everyone has the best day that they can have. I shall, of course be making koffy.

View attachment 44223

View attachment 44224

Thank you for my painting comment @dunelm

Two beautiful paintings from you today.

I look forward to your paintings each day

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Raining here. Feel tired today. But had a good night's sleep.Too much tidying in the garage!

Painting for today...a fish in ZenBrush2
Playing with the different papers in ZenBrush2

8C459F4A-837A-4BBF-BB9A-0F2E62F5EB1D.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@Muddy Cyclist - thank you for your comments about the birch trees. And now a flower, just for a change and nicely done. Looks pretty good as it is.

View attachment 44223

View attachment 44224
Two fine pieces of art from you today, I do like your Bamboo drawings.

Thanks for your comment on my flower.

Reactions: jjraak