What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 this morning

today mr gee has joined us as a member of the club none of us asked to join :sorry:
HbA1c of 51 and 52 according to the practice nurse who phoned today to give him the news, it was discovered because of the blood tests the hospital did and confirmed by the repeat test taken at our practice last week :sorry:

We had a fair idea what she was going to say, we just didn't know what the actual results were. We knew she wouldn't make a phone appt. with him to tell him his results were fine ;)

I had my suspicions because of the way his waistline had expanded quite quickly recently.

He says at least he has some idea how to proceed and his own resident LC information resource :D

@dunelm - glad your father is showing some progress. I like your minimalistic cliff faces, very effective :)

@gennepher - that's an interesting effect and a pleasing result ;)

@JohnEGreen - nice photo of the squirrel, you must be quick on the draw (with your camera ;) )

@Alien Aspie - thank you for the info. about Instagram :) I think your unfinished lightning pic is good so far with the tor in silhouette.

@Muddy Cyclist - rather you than me with the stair spindles, I can't handle an ordinary paintbrush without getting drips :hilarious:

art bit - another one from a photo found online
View attachment 44197
Thank you. Love your mountain scene. Walking (and climbing) in mountains is one of my lifelong favourite things to do.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a drizzly bin day in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of seaside pubs, grandchildren and fish and chips came in at 6.2 this am - oh well!

A fairly quiet day yesterday. Youngest grandchild - at 10 months old mainly sits on the floor playing, sits in her pram being perambulated or kips. Still, a happy little soul and fun to be with. Early evening dinner our with the eldest two grandchildren. We usually see a pod of dolphins at that time of day but nothing today - must be self isolating. I ordered some Chinese paper yesterday as I could not find any - it will arrive today or tomorrow - and then, sharpening a pencil, I found said paper - I was mis-looking for a roll of paper but it was a pack - never mind.

Hope everyone has a pleasant mittwoch, koffy time.

upload_2020-9-23_7-17-27.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

The wonder wheel of seaside pubs, grandchildren and fish and chips came in at 6.2 this am - oh well!

A fairly quiet day yesterday. Youngest grandchild - at 10 months old mainly sits on the floor playing, sits in her pram being perambulated or kips. Still, a happy little soul and fun to be with. Early evening dinner our with the eldest two grandchildren. We usually see a pod of dolphins at that time of day but nothing today - must be self isolating. I ordered some Chinese paper yesterday as I could not find any - it will arrive today or tomorrow - and then, sharpening a pencil, I found said paper - I was mis-looking for a roll of paper but it was a pack - never mind.

View attachment 44202
Unusually high BG for you today but I bet the Fish and Chios went down well.

Like that wood scene, well drawn Birch Trees and lots of depths.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Grey skies, drizzle, and Bin Day means all's well in the shire. 6.3 isn't doing me any favours but it ain't killin' me either.

Her ladyship begins radiotherapy today so I will be on duty daily for five days as she is weened off Radio 2 and on to Radio 4 ;)

@Muddy Cyclist that wine picture is probably the simplest thing. Only two colours, white and red, on a black background. Variants in the colours achieved by pen pressure, it was very relaxing to do. I may have to have another glass :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.4 for me today.

A visit to MILs bungalow, more sorting before house clearance people are called in. The bungalow is in Wolverhampton which is in lockdown so I'm assuming this is OK so long as we don't meet anyone. I wonder do we have to sanitize the car on our return. :)

Keep safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Raining heavily now. Mr K and the dogs will get soaked. He kindly took them out and let me relax with a coffee as he thought I looked really tired this morning. It was dry when he went out - definitely not now.

Good news that I can continue to run classes. I was a bit concerned when indoor sport were restricted yesterday but as long as I don't start teaching 5 a side pilates I will be OK.

Archie is feeling really well now. He was chasing Poppy round and round the house and garden this morning.

Also Mr K installed our new broadband hub yesterday and we now have a full signal in every room - including the conservatory - which is brilliant.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. It is wet, Autumn equinox has passed so nights getting longer and we still live in Johnsonia. Everybody hurts may need to play on loop. No fbg from me but tested @+2 hrs from the standard mackerel (in evo) and avocado salad last night - 4.3 - so I assume no big issues. Child minding and haggling with plumbing and bathroom suppliers today - October 5th could see phase 2 of make the house Ian friendly begins. Need a week to make the ensuite a bespoke wet room then 3 more to complete the jobs. Plumber and carpenter happy to be in the house at the same time and we can stay well out of their way. So please wear your masks and get out of those pubs by 10.00 pm. because I've forgotten what is in all those boxes piled up everywhere. Today is Madagascar and tip the big box of toys everywhere day - granddaughter may copy.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ididnotgetaround to posting art yesterday although I did play around with some old Windsor and Newton inks I had found in the loft, not my thing really and unfinished. A flower in our garden from photograph not Plein Air.
IMG_3824.JPG

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
low fat cereal and banana.
Bananas are quite high carb as for low fat cereal often the fat is removed & more sugar added to enhance the taste...however I am woefully ignorant of insulin or how that should affect your overall carb intake...maybe look for alternative lower carb foods...I hope the contact you soon 22 is quite high.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am T2. All they have done is put my insulin up!!!! Nobody has mentioned I may be eating the wrong food. There was me thinking I was being health
Its frustrating Vonnypops many of us here have had the same experience poor advice meds & no mention of lowering our carb intake...why not put your difficulties out on the main forum there must be plenty of T2's who have or are using insulin & get back to the nurse tell them you need some help now.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...enjoying the rain & a cool breeze but will have to close the garden doors as Lola brought me another live frog yesterday...rescued it put it back in the garden after she'd run off no idea if froggie made it or not we shall see...Charlies last check up at the vets will be pleased to see the end of those getting him in the house & cramming him into the basket is hard work...plus he weighs a ton...not a bad sleep last night must try to capitalise on it with more activity...woke to a 6.8...keep safe everyone.

Charlie & Lola who have almost every kind of basket prefer this...note Charlies back end!
IMG_1559.JPG
IMG_1560.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 44202

I love this painting @dunelm with the depth of the painting. I want to wander in those trees...to a magical place...

Yeah, that Chinese paper is elusive...I have some rolls, somewhere...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...enjoying the rain & a cool breeze but will have to close the garden doors as Lola brought me another live frog yesterday...rescued it put it back in the garden after she'd run off no idea if froggie made it or not we shall see...Charlies last check up at the vets will be pleased to see the end of those getting him in the house & cramming him into the basket is hard work...plus he weighs a ton...not a bad sleep last night must try to capitalise on it with more activity...woke to a 6.8...keep safe everyone.

Charlie & Lola who have almost every kind of basket prefer this...note Charlies back end!
View attachment 44205 View attachment 44206
They are both beautiful @HarryBeau
Lovely to see them!

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Grey skies, drizzle, and Bin Day means all's well in the shire. 6.3 isn't doing me any favours but it ain't killin' me either.

Her ladyship begins radiotherapy today so I will be on duty daily for five days as she is weened off Radio 2 and on to Radio 4 ;)

@Muddy Cyclist that wine picture is probably the simplest thing. Only two colours, white and red, on a black background. Variants in the colours achieved by pen pressure, it was very relaxing to do. I may have to have another glass :)

I love it when digital painting is relaxing to do @Alien Aspie

Hope the radiotherapy goes well for her Ladyship.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are both beautiful @HarryBeau
Lovely to see them!
Just back from the vets gennpeher Charlies last check up for the neck bite...he's behaved so well bribed with Dreamies & tuna now he's home they are fighting over the cardboard boxes...both claimed ownership of the larger one so I found another one which is only slightly smaller...honestly the drama...it's first come first served now!