What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just checking in to the Testing Times regional correspondents vox pop. A cursory glance through the assembled cast reveals hugs needed for @Muddy Cyclist's back and @lindisfel's lack of anthem from doomed Curlew. @Krystyna23040's had problems with the weather and being so committed she may have spread herself too thin sans wind help - too kind by nature?. Liking the artwork @gennepher and @dunelm. Have a great weekend @karen8967 you are invariably upbeat even in the most trying times. I hope your plans for the day work out as intended @Alien Aspie. Far too many known unknowns here for testing (bg) to be useful to me but at 73 kgs one side of the Rubik's cube is currently nicely done. I have plenty of other data and experience of managing T2 available to know things aren't totally optimal just now but what got me this far will do for now. Toodle pip chums

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I ask why you won't download the newer Procreate on the iPad Pro?

Hi @Alien Aspie

I do have the latest version of Procreate on my iPad Pro (It is only on my ancient iPad 1, iOS5, that I have an ancient version of Procreate which is still on the iPad 1).

I have just gone into Procreate in this iPad Pro in the App Store, and an update has appeared since yesterday (I had updated all the apps on the iPad Pro after the software update yesterday).

So updating Procreate now...maybe this will solve the problem.

Thanks.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You rest @Muddy Cyclist
You might still think you still have that 17 year old body (I do!). You do tremendously with your strenuous cycle rides, and they are important to you. So take care of yourself so you can continue with them.

By the way, I don’t take my own advice, I will be up a ladder in the garage loft in a few minutes...and I don’t have a head for heights...
Thank you I will rest, actually I have no choice. You take care in the upper atmosphere. :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Dunelm, yes Curlew and Cuckoos and other birds are still in the high pastures which are unimproved. Their song in Spring was the continual backdrop in our cottage garden down here on the low side.

You must have been near the narrow road along the fell side.

When our two were young we use to take them sledging up near Dead Crag on the way to Skiddaw House on the slope down to the track.

I did a lot of bird atlas work for a number of tetrads including all of NY24.

When we came here on the low side between the sea and the mountains all the fields were unimproved hay meadow full of Curlew, Skylarks etc. It was converted to silage grasses and now there are no curlews when the air was full of curlew song in spring. I used to be able to count 40+ different bird species by song or sight in spring in 30mins in my garden.... it is sad we have lost so many.

Silage, and slurry have polluted the rivers since we lost the hay meadows. The dippers, grey wagtails and kingfishers are disappearing from the Waver.

I hope the next generation can turn it all round.
D.
We have hired a place called Fellside at Calderbeck as a base a few times for walking and raft building on Bassenthwaite. I first heard the Curlews when camping out on my Outward Bound course at Ullswater back end of the 1960’s when the Lake District was less touched by human intervention than it is now.

lindisfel

Expert
We have hired a place called Fellside at Calderbeck as a base a few times for walking and raft building on Bassenthwaite. I first heard the Curlews when camping out on my Outward Bound course at Ullswater back end of the 1960’s when the Lake District was less touched by human intervention than it is now.

You were almost a neighbour of Bonnington who used to run up High Pike every day!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hopefully the weather has eased off now @Krystyna23040

It was hailstones, wind, and driving rain here as well, all rearranging my garden furniture.

sorry you had to cancel your classes after all the effort you put into them. I gave you a winner, but here are some hugs too for the awful day.

t4601.gif
t4602.gif
t4603.gif
t4604.gif
t4605.gif
t4606.gif
t4607.gif
t4608.gif

(For some strange reason, the emoji site wouldn't let me copy just one, but a whole bunch of hugs...so who am I to argue...although I think the penultimate one looks weird...)

agreed.

and THAT emoji..

mmhh.

brings to mind the cat when YOU want it to cuddle and IT doesn't...

Totally opposite to when IT wants to cuddle and you MUST........................MUST drop everything..

yes EVEN the mobile/laptop/pc/*newspaper....:D:hilarious::hilarious:

(*do people, still buy them ? )

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for your kind comments, yes, brushes can be very uncooperative. Love your waves, we have had some whoppers here over the past couple of days.
View attachment 44275

is that kate winslet i can see on the bow...:bag:

if it is...
beware of icebergs if on a ship she's on :D

Nice pic.:happy:

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

a pleasant 6.4 up on the high plains for me.

meeting nephew, for a doggie date.
(how getting old creeps in ;):hilarious: )

picking him up with his dog, and taking my surrogate doggie son to richmond..hope rain holds off.

Lauren been off colour last few days, think it's all lady related,
so she's laying down with a Migraine..

she's right enough in herself and going work, but easy to see it's dragging her down a little.

spotted this on IG..
thought it summed up the coffee crowd perfectly..;).

Not sure how to link direct.
Have left poster on pic to indicate it's their post
Screenshot_2020-09-26-07-31-53-633_com.instagram.android.jpg

Have a good day, all.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just checking in to the Testing Times regional correspondents vox pop. A cursory glance through the assembled cast reveals hugs needed for @Muddy Cyclist's back and @lindisfel's lack of anthem from doomed Curlew. @Krystyna23040's had problems with the weather and being so committed she may have spread herself too thin sans wind help - too kind by nature?. Liking the artwork @gennepher and @dunelm. Have a great weekend @karen8967 you are invariably upbeat even in the most trying times. I hope your plans for the day work out as intended @Alien Aspie. Far too many known unknowns here for testing (bg) to be useful to me but at 73 kgs one side of the Rubik's cube is currently nicely done. I have plenty of other data and experience of managing T2 available to know things aren't totally optimal just now but what got me this far will do for now. Toodle pip chums
Thanks ian off to see grandsons for a couple of hours just getting my armour on

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1960’s when the Lake District was less touched by human intervention than it is now.
I remember Ashness Bridge when it was wild with sharp jagged rock to walk on if you stepped off the track back in the 1960s I was shocked how smooth and manacured it had become, the downside of the masses discovering the countryside.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My finished painting of local pool at Wildlife Centre with some artistic license. A4 watercolour about 2 hours beacause of waiting for layers to dry, painting time much less.
IMG_3835.JPG

Back slowly improving. Daughter and youngest grandaughter arriving forevening meal and some making of music, 5 of us so still legal at moment butnot sure we are allowed to sing which we will at some distance from one another, what a bother this bloomin virus is being.

Latest news on our other music groups meeting in Covid Safe Environment a hired community hall is that from now we have been banned as the rules are now being interpreted as only 6 can meet to play instruments, sing or do sports in the hall. The hall is the size of two tennis courts , but them be the rules as understood by the hall's committee.

Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Excellent art and interesting sentiment and all with I assume blurred vision, how do you do it?

My face was about 6 inches from the screen. Not the best way to be creative

The pool painting above is probably my favourite to date, beautiful.

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
Oh yes, my late older sister was trying to stop my eldest, who was about 3 years old at the time, falling into the stream just below the bridge. But my sister went and fell right in and I was henceforth quoted by my b.i.l. as saying, "Derek said, Our Joan has wet herself!" :)
The duchess and I laugh about it often as we cross the bridge to go up and bird in Surprise View woods.
D.

I remember Ashness Bridge when it was wild with sharp jagged rock to walk on if you stepped off the track back in the 1960s I was shocked how smooth and manacured it had become, the downside of the masses discovering the countryside.

Reactions: ianpspurs