What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another wonderfully quiet start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of porc with a spiced red pepper sauce and broccoli came in at 5.2 this am

Got back from our little house on the prairie yesterday afternoon after, MIL taken to hospital for already booked in X-Ray - she has long term problems and we will see what transpires next week on a three way telephone call.
While we in the north await the next set of instrutions due out tomorrow, Margaret Covid takes cover in Rutherglen claiming that her train journey was merely a blip. I blame the pull of the red planet.

I picked up a large stone on the beach the other day and painted it into a hill - not sure about that - the other splodge is some blossom - black ink and a bit of red on rice paper.
Have a great Sunday if you can - I need koffy

upload_2020-10-11_6-40-44.jpeg

upload_2020-10-11_6-40-18.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another wonderfully quiet start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of porc with a spiced red pepper sauce and broccoli came in at 5.2 this am

Got back from our little house on the prairie yesterday afternoon after, MIL taken to hospital for already booked in X-Ray - she has long term problems and we will see what transpires next week on a three way telephone call.
While we in the north await the next set of instrutions due out tomorrow, Margaret Covid takes cover in Rutherglen claiming that her train journey was merely a blip. I blame the pull of the red planet.

I picked up a large stone on the beach the other day and painted it into a hill - not sure about that - the other splodge is some blossom - black ink and a bit of red on rice paper.

View attachment 44545

View attachment 44544

Beautiful two paintings @dunelm

I like both. The top one cheers me up !

Have a good day
:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. @dunelm spiffing art again, nice touch with the use of porc. I hope and pray MIL's x ray and the way forward prove to be helpful rather than purely stressful. @jjraak
can it really all come to down to 'making money' is more important then peoples health and safety..?
You must have missed series 1 where Ronald and Maggie took over Narnia - Aslan is taking his time. I hope you all play your hand as well as possible today. If it is a Yarborough the sun will rise again tomorrow and you'll get a new hand. Personally, I'm hoping to go no trumps but won't bid just yet. Wait for Nancy to declare her hand.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 44545

View attachment 44544
Stones embedded into thriving landscapes complete with its own miniature village and splodges turned into blossom by a masters hand, what's not to like?

Hope all turns out for the best with MIL.

Reactions: dunelm

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.1 for me today.

A fine day promised here but Mrs MC and I have to visit MILs bungalow in the locked down Wolverhampton ,little done during last two weeks with backache. Someone also collecting a piece of furniture whilst we are there, not sure if that's within the rules in locked down areas.

Keep safe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My digital painting for today in iPastel app.
Better than yesterday's!
I didn't fall asleep this time!!!
Learning more about the tools in the app...

AC69E508-3E81-4122-AD94-8C7D5F35DD90.jpeg

Reactions: SlimLizzy

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
can it really all come to down to 'making money'
is more important then peoples health and safety..?

It has never been anything else. That's why we had unions and the health & safety laws amongst other things. People have always been considered replaceable by those whose only joy is accruing wealth or power.

In my little corner of the Blighted Isle, I have a 6.7 for some odd reason. Today is set to be dry and sunny here so I shall go out and tidy up where needed ;)

Reactions: mojo37

lindisfel

Expert
Zoom church today after we had zoom daughter last night, daughter in Warrington and situation in area and in her work dire, but she remains quite calm about it all.

But its amazing how two women on two sides of a screen can gang up on one! :) ;)

Looks a good day up here again but cold, we will be going down to the Solway later on but Zoom church first and the breakout challenge. :)
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. The weather forecast has changed and it might rain now but we are still going for our walk to Sheringham Park this morning. Hopefully we won't need to be rescued by the Lone Ranger again.

Archie has spent half an hour chasing Poopy around the house. We did explain to him that when you are as old as he is it probably isn't a wise thing to do just before you go out on a long hike. He took absolutely no notice and carried on play fighting.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. @dunelm spiffing art again, nice touch with the use of porc. I hope and pray MIL's x ray and the way forward prove to be helpful rather than purely stressful. @jjraak You must have missed series 1 where Ronald and Maggie took over Narnia - Aslan is taking his time. I hope you all play your hand as well as possible today. If it is a Yarborough the sun will rise again tomorrow and you'll get a new hand. Personally, I'm hoping to go no trumps but won't bid just yet. Wait for Nancy to declare her hand.
Thanks Ian. I don’t know why but porc always seems more tasty than pork.