What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't think some Uni authorities are treating students right.

Daughter was telling us of some very annoyed parents whose youngster just went to Newcastle. They were told they had to sign their accommodation contract in the morning just after arrival and then later in the day were informed they would have all their lessons on line.
They could have stopped at home.
The Uni seems more interested in the money than the students.
My daughter is in her last year in Edinburgh and she just has one tutorial within the uni the rest is all done one Zoom so lots of money to basically study online !

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A late night snack of cheese induced a 6.8 this morning.

Listening to radio news this morning it seems the end of our world is near and the red planet is moving in to take over, reminds me and me's of a song from the distant past " Venus and Mars are alright tonight ".
Here at TilehurstTowers a busy day is planned, sadly without the benefit of a lowish carb Sunday roast.

Enough doom, gloom and despondency, time to get up and at'em. Have a great day waving two fingers to the doom merchants.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...worked yesterday began at 8 am finally finished at 10:40 pm last night shattered this morning...a quick coffee then off to collect the online shopping...I will be putting my feet up when I get home after the shopping is unpacked...maybe a little pottering later around but that's all...woke to a 6.7...keep safe everyone.

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Mesmerized by the spiritual wall paper on google this am.

Attachments

• IMG_20201011_102611670_compress18.jpg
    IMG_20201011_102611670_compress18.jpg
    925.2 KB · Views: 101

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The joys of predictive text I imagine. The alternative is too horrendous to contemplate. Enjoy Sheringham.
That is so funny. I didn't spot thst. Yes - it.was.Poppy he chased around the house. You are right that the alternative is too horrendous to contemplate.

Predictive text seems to have gone out of control on my tablet at the moment.

We had a lovely time at Sheringham Park and Archie was his usual happy and energetic self. We got caught in one or two showers but it didn't spoil the walk.

We had a near miss on the way home. Going around a huge bend Mr K slowed down when he saw a line of cyclists coming towards us. Luckily he did because suddenly a pick up truck appeared. It was overtaking the cyclists on our side of the narrow road. Mr K slammed on the brakes and the other driver only just managed to avoid hitting us or a cyclist.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is so funny. I didn't spot thst. Yes - it.was.Poppy he chased around the house. You are right that the alternative is too horrendous to contemplate.

Predictive text seems to have gone out of control on my tablet at the moment.

We had a lovely time at Sheringham Park and Archie was his usual happy and energetic self. We got caught in one or two showers but it didn't spoil the walk.

We had a near miss on the way home. Going around a huge bend Mr K slowed down when he saw a line of cyclists coming towards us. Luckily he did because suddenly a pick up truck appeared. It was overtaking the cyclists on our side of the narrow road. Mr K slammed on the brakes and the other driver only just managed to avoid hitting us or a cyclist.
Well done Mr K. We are all at the mercy of other drivers. Someone I knew from childhood was killed when hit head on by a speeding and dangerously overtaking driver. O/T our oldest granddaughter is called Poppy - better be careful when/if texting.

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Mr K. We are all at the mercy of other drivers. Someone I knew from childhood was killed when hit head on by a speeding and dangerously overtaking driver. O/T our oldest granddaughter is called Poppy - better be careful when/if texting.
You had definitely better be careful when texting Poopy (sorry Poppy).

I agree that we are at the mercy of other drivers. My 9 year old youngest sister was killed by a drunk driver who hit my mother's car head on at Staines near the reservoir. He was not injured and immediately went back home to the USA leaving his girlfriend braindamaged.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You had definitely better be careful when texting Poopy (sorry Poppy).

I agree that we are at the mercy of other drivers. My 9 year old youngest sister was killed by a drunk driver who hit my mother's car head on at Staines near the reservoir. He was not injured and immediately went back home to the USA leaving his girlfriend braindamaged.
So sorry if that caused painful memories.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy day at MILs and the realisation that there is still lots to do and completion of sale date must be looming.:banghead:

Art today with all the mountains and talk of West Highland Way I decided to look at a study for a painting of Rannoch Moore, pencils A4 ish and needs to be more moody but it's a plan....
IMG_3917.JPG

Then on way home noticed the sun lighting up the landscape so stopped and did a quick Plein Air sketch, pencils again and about 4" x 4" might try a painting from it later...
IMG_3918.JPG

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My digital painting for today in iPastel app.
Better than yesterday's!
I didn't fall asleep this time!!!
Learning more about the tools in the app...

View attachment 44546
Interesting effects being discovered daily. A moonlight forest walk on a winters night, cold and atmospheric. You are obviously enjoying the technical adventure.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Busy day at MILs and the realisation that there is still lots to do and completion of sale date must be looming.:banghead:

Art today with all the mountains and talk of West Highland Way I decided to look at a study for a painting of Rannoch Moore, pencils A4 ish and needs to be more moody but it's a plan....
View attachment 44555
Then on way home noticed the sun lighting up the landscape so stopped and did a quick Plein Air sketch, pencils again and about 4" x 4" might try a painting from it later...
View attachment 44556

Rannoch Moor is a great sketch @Muddy Cyclist
And I love the Plein Air colour sketch with the light catching the fields ...

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rannoch Moor is a great sketch @Muddy Cyclist
And I love the Plein Air colour sketch with the light catching the fields ...
Thank you, Rannoch will be my next watercolour, not sure if I will start Monday though as another year of my life Is being ticked off, 71 and daughter, SIL and youngest grandaughter are joining us for evening meal. Son on Tuesday with eldest grandaughters as Covid rules prevent us all celebrating on the same night. :(

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...worked yesterday began at 8 am finally finished at 10:40 pm last night shattered this morning...a quick coffee then off to collect the online shopping...I will be putting my feet up when I get home after the shopping is unpacked...maybe a little pottering later around but that's all...woke to a 6.7...keep safe everyone.
You definitely deserve to put your feet up and totally relax - with a coffee of course.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely relaxing day. This evening made some delicious soup. Surprisingly there is one ingredient that turns my soup from OK to delicious - frozen little Brussels sprouts. They make the soup much sweeter. I wonder if it is because modern Brussels sprouts have a much milder flavour than they used to have.