What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Up early as usual. Got my postcards written. Was going to get to the postbox by 7 am (to make sure it gets collected Saturday, today). Opened kitchen door. Came straight back in. Weather chucking everything bad it can...snow, sleet, rain, wind. Not risking life and limb to post postcards...

My internet is nil. Won't connect. But phone data is almost doable. So had to do today's painting on my Android in iPainter, and learning new brushstrokes...

Painting took forever to load. I could have made a coffee...drunk it and made a second one...and a third...took 5 attempts to load my painting...no, it took 6 attempts...
Forget internetty stuff today...
I am going back to sleep again...

5852DE7A-13D2-46A9-AC5D-9DB0EE205C91.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Up early as usual. Got my postcards written. Was going to get to the postbox by 7 am (to make sure it gets collected Saturday, today). Opened kitchen door. Came straight back in. Weather chucking everything bad it can...snow, sleet, rain, wind. Not risking life and limb to post postcards...

My internet is nil. Won't connect. But phone data is almost doable. So had to do today's painting on my Android in iPainter, and learning new brushstrokes...

Painting took forever to load. I could have made a coffee...drunk it and made a second one...and a third...took 5 attempts to load my painting...no, it took 6 attempts...

View attachment 47134
Wow for the artwork hugs for weather and internet connection. It does seem that the greater the adversity in Gennworld the higher your art soars. From an already stupendous start point I might add.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Really cold and windy here but at least it is drying out our local park. Not so swampy this morning.

A bit easier day today as I have no 1:1s in the lunch break. Will walk the dogs again then. Looking forward to relaxing this evening.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning eveyone from a so far, so good start to the day in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roasted veg finished off with a topping of bacon bits and Comte under the grill came in at 5.1 this am

Oh what a circus springs to mind with rants from the EU - lots of excessive synaptic pruning going on in some minds. Not really their best efforts but hope that they can sort it out without resorting to bullying.
Cousins get together going all virtual tonight - even some getting up early in NZ for a chin wag. Must dig out my Cork County tartan kilt.

@Muddy Cyclist - thank you for Jacob’s Well - enjoyed that. Willow coming along nicely.
@geefull - thank you for the ladies who lunch. Your trees are well composed - that feint line on the horizon - marvelous. I do like your colour choices.

A change of focus - maybe for a couple of days - trees - well bits of them. Pine today. Hope everyone has a pleasant Saturday. Koffy needed now.

View attachment 47131
Thank you, and glad you enjoyed the rather long Jacobs Well.

Rants from the EU are a tad worrying, even more so is an experience Mrs MC had yesterday, some younger horse owners were overheard discussing the unfairness of the vaccine roll out going to old people first, who in their eyes 'should stay in' and young people should have had the jab first. I ran this past my son (40) who says many of his friends think the same. Vaccine wars indeed.

Off to a good start with your Parts of trees drawings I like the bark detail and wash of colour.

Reactions: geefull

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

View attachment 47134
A day of painting bits of trees, your imaginative bamboo drawing is a very welcome bright start to my day.

Hug on poor internet and weather.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.5 for me today.

All sorts of weather here but predominantly snow again. :( So more music recording which suddenly we seem to be getting lots of and a day by the fire.

Mrs MC gets her first Covid jab next Saturday.

Take care and keep safe.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are grateful that we are having rain rather snow.

A peanut induced 7.1 this morning, today I am saying nothing about that meter of mine.

Again today is a day of wonder combined with a slow start, Mrs J has muttered something or other about me and me's shed, I know not, apparently listening is not a strong point. Me and me's mind does have a tendancy wander.

Enough from me, avoid the snow if possible and enjoy your day, whatever it entails.

Stay well, stay safe.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

View attachment 47134
Lovely bright picture for a windy day - I like the bamboo - postcards are good at waiting

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, and glad you enjoyed the rather long Jacobs Well.

Rants from the EU are a tad worrying, even more so is an experience Mrs MC had yesterday, some younger horse owners were overheard discussing the unfairness of the vaccine roll out going to old people first, who in their eyes 'should stay in' and young people should have had the jab first. I ran this past my son (40) who says many of his friends think the same. Vaccine wars indeed.

Off to a good start with your Parts of trees drawings I like the bark detail and wash of colour.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist
Rant retaliation now from Angry Arlene - who could possibly have predicted that one

Reactions: Krystyna23040

lindisfel

Expert
Had to take the car out to warm it up and get the battery replenished.
Went up above Aughertree and over the fell to Ulldale and Ireby and back home.
Temp.2 deg C with piercing wind, most snow went from the fells in the thaw but the Scottish Southern Uplands 60/70 miles away to north are white above a 1000 feet.
Derek

Skiddaw from above Ulldale.
IMG_20210130_144754470_HDR_compress96.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Temp.2 deg C with piercing wind, most snow went from the fells in the thaw but the Scottish Southern Uplands 60/70 miles away to north are white above a 1000 feet.
Derek

View attachment 47138
Excellent photo and place to find peace of mind.

Reactions: lindisfel

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Best laid plans of mice and men. Just after breakfast Son rang, he had hit a pot hole in his works van, tire going down and no spare or pump. Now considering I, Mrs MC and our daughter are some of the most be prepared people about what went wrong with our son? So off to rescue, heavy snow, cold and wet. Being a Farrier the one thing my son does have is a hammer,lots of hammers, so we bashed the wheel back into. Some sort of shape and put someair in with my pump, which son's mow aquired.

Any how I managed to finish yesterday's Willow Tree. A4 watercolour and about 2 hours....
IMG_4438.JPG

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Derek

View attachment 47138
Excellent photo - fabulous round those roads, maybe not in winter though after snow - our family have stayed at the Fellside centre near Caldbeck a few times and can’t wait until we can return there.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Best laid plans of mice and men. Just after breakfast Son rang, he had hit a pot hole in his works van, tire going down and no spare or pump. Now considering I, Mrs MC and our daughter are some of the most be prepared people about what went wrong with our son? So off to rescue, heavy snow, cold and wet. Being a Farrier the one thing my son does have is a hammer,lots of hammers, so we bashed the wheel back into. Some sort of shape and put someair in with my pump, which son's mow aquired.

Any how I managed to finish yesterday's Willow Tree. A4 watercolour and about 2 hours....
View attachment 47139
Well prepared indeed - always a good idea - I carry my tyre repair kit, a small pump and a swingarm stick lift on my bike at all times - only used it once. Bostin Willow trees - very well done

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well prepared indeed - always a good idea - I carry my tyre repair kit, a small pump and a swingarm stick lift on my bike at all times - only used it once. Bostin Willow trees - very well done
Thank you.

I think my Boy Scout years stood me in good stead obviously passed on to my daughter but then she is an ML so that also might help. But son, like I say what happened?:)

lindisfel

Expert
Excellent photo - fabulous round those roads, maybe not in winter though after snow - our family have stayed at the Fellside centre near Caldbeck a few times and can’t wait until we can return there.
I know a couple from Carlisle, they were at Dundee hospital for years and then Carlisle hospital, they did all the Munros and a lot more besides.
They only do the Northern Fells because every where else is crawling with folks.

I guess even High Pike is not that busy but Cockup and Knott will be quiet.
One could start on Binsey if one had lost ones wind.
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr K got a letter today asking him to book his Covid vaccine. Tried unsuccessfully to book on the website. It wouldn't book the first vaccine but booked 2nd instead. Then sent an email cancelling it.

This happened several times so he decided to telephone instead. Got an appointment at Attleborough next Sunday. Didn't receive the promised confirmation email so phoned again. During the phone call the call centre said the IT system had just crashed.

Rang again this evening and was told he has an appointment but won't get confirmation email because of a glitch in the system. He is definitely booked in though and has got a confirmation code.

A bit of a nightmare - but it is booked.