What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had to take the car out to warm it up and get the battery replenished.
Went up above Aughertree and over the fell to Ulldale and Ireby and back home.
Temp.2 deg C with piercing wind, most snow went from the fells in the thaw but the Scottish Southern Uplands 60/70 miles away to north are white above a 1000 feet.
Derek

Skiddaw from above Ulldale.
View attachment 47138
A beautiful photo @lindisfel
More please?
I miss driving up to the Lakes...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Best laid plans of mice and men. Just after breakfast Son rang, he had hit a pot hole in his works van, tire going down and no spare or pump. Now considering I, Mrs MC and our daughter are some of the most be prepared people about what went wrong with our son? So off to rescue, heavy snow, cold and wet. Being a Farrier the one thing my son does have is a hammer,lots of hammers, so we bashed the wheel back into. Some sort of shape and put someair in with my pump, which son's mow aquired.

Any how I managed to finish yesterday's Willow Tree. A4 watercolour and about 2 hours....
View attachment 47139
Hugs for having to go out when you expected to stay in @Muddy Cyclist
I have one of those Tyre Weld kits, and I always carry a tyre pump.
With me not being able to telephone for help, and me having a propensity to driving to remote out of the way places (although not since Covid began its restrictions), I need to be self sufficient as possible for emergencies...
Maybe buy him a Tyre Weld kit (or something suitable) for an early birthday present?
You did well yesterday.

Your willow painting. I love it. I love the aged truck. The child me is already weaving stories within that aged willow trunk.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mr K got a letter today asking him to book his Covid vaccine. Tried unsuccessfully to book on the website. It wouldn't book the first vaccine but booked 2nd instead. Then sent an email cancelling it.

This happened several times so he decided to telephone instead. Got an appointment at Attleborough next Sunday. Didn't receive the promised confirmation email so phoned again. During the phone call the call centre said the IT system had just crashed.

Rang again this evening and was told he has an appointment but won't get confirmation email because of a glitch in the system. He is definitely booked in though and has got a confirmation code.

A bit of a nightmare - but it is booked.

That is a complete c*** up @Krystyna23040
I am glad he got it sorted.

I dread to think how me, a deaf person (or any deaf people who live on their own), will get notification and how the heck are they meant to use a telephone? I can see me not being able to get the vaccine with the current notification systems.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Internet still iffy.
Slept a lot of yesterday.
I did tidying as well.
But I needed that deep sleep I sometimes am able to achieve in the afternoon on the couch by the front window.
Cat said, hey I want some of that. He seems to sense it from a distance, and came charging from my bedroom where he was nice and comfy in my bed. And climbed on to my lap, and I know I have achieved deep relaxation because cat turns into a floppy rag doll cat. And I have to be careful when I wake up from this deep relaxation, because he doesn't come out of it as quickly as I do. And I have to carefully lift him when I move.

In iPainter again on Android phone.

C27A9C1F-8162-477A-80DA-570B72011997.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Best laid plans of mice and men. Just after breakfast Son rang, he had hit a pot hole in his works van, tire going down and no spare or pump. Now considering I, Mrs MC and our daughter are some of the most be prepared people about what went wrong with our son? So off to rescue, heavy snow, cold and wet. Being a Farrier the one thing my son does have is a hammer,lots of hammers, so we bashed the wheel back into. Some sort of shape and put someair in with my pump, which son's mow aquired.

Any how I managed to finish yesterday's Willow Tree. A4 watercolour and about 2 hours....
View attachment 47139
He is lucky to have such a practical dad.

Reactions: dunelm

lindisfel

Expert
Woke up late this am after going to sleep again at after 6 am and dreaming.
I was in a bus station with others and all the buses went out with no bus for us. They then shut all the doors and the side doors that would open were blocked by vehicles and we were forgotten about and we couldn't get out!
Obviously a Covid dream.

It fascinating how the mind puts it all into the package of a bus trip!

Now coming round with a cup of tea brought by the duchess. Its usually me who wakes first.

Have a good sunday everyone.
D.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a pink tinged canopy in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Zoom snacks and Christmas leftover tit-bits came in at 5.3 this am

Virtual meet up with cousins went spiffingly last night - the NZ lot stayed with us for an hour or so and then went out for the day - as you do when there is no Covid about. Baked a loaf of bread in the Ninja, so that works.
Cat nap with cat sounds like a tonic @gennepher - I like your water falling into the gorge - smashing colours - wonder what planet it is on?
RIP Hilton Valentine - now in The House of the Rising Sun.

Another tree today, on rice paper. Have a wonderful Sunday, I am off to make koffy and then a walk in the park.

upload_2021-1-31_8-22-56.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for having to go out when you expected to stay in @Muddy Cyclist
I have one of those Tyre Weld kits, and I always carry a tyre pump.
With me not being able to telephone for help, and me having a propensity to driving to remote out of the way places (although not since Covid began its restrictions), I need to be self sufficient as possible for emergencies...
Maybe buy him a Tyre Weld kit (or something suitable) for an early birthday present?
You did well yesterday.

Your willow painting. I love it. I love the aged truck. The child me is already weaving stories within that aged willow trunk.
Thank you.

Good idea for birthday present, however I know my son he would leave it at home. :) My daughter sees people as old or young spirits when they come to spend their time on Earth, she says her brother is definitely a very young spirit with little or no experience. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Internet still iffy.
Slept a lot of yesterday.
I did tidying as well.
But I needed that deep sleep I sometimes am able to achieve in the afternoon on the couch by the front window.
Cat said, hey I want some of that. He seems to sense it from a distance, and came charging from my bedroom where he was nice and comfy in my bed. And climbed on to my lap, and I know I have achieved deep relaxation because cat turns into a floppy rag doll cat. And I have to be careful when I wake up from this deep relaxation, because he doesn't come out of it as quickly as I do. And I have to carefully lift him when I move.

In iPainter again on Android phone.

View attachment 47150
Those deep sleeps are so good, a winner.

Another fantastical piece of art how do you manage it on such a small device, brilliant.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to Septuagesima, you know, the one before Sexagesima then Quinquagesima :angelic: Cold and frosty here but clear and dry so score draw. Fbg on Swipey 5.1 - well above 7,14.30 and 90 day averages so significant but not urgently worrying. Weight suddenly back at 2017 level for no discernible reason .... except? I have no idea what impact the tumour growing on my bladder wall had on weight during 2018 and 19. I'm happier around 74 kgs than 76 but am now being told I looked ill at 72-73 (the 2 years before the op). Weight control has been the positive USP of LC for me but there are members who have found more reasons than that to follow and enjoy this woe. Plenty of work for me to do in reeducating myself on LC as a force for good in Ianland. Should be useful and hopefully I'll come out the other side more positive about LC. @Muddy Cyclist you've got 1 of those sons eh? I've got 3. Also, what is an ML (your daughter?)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a pink tinged canopy in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Zoom snacks and Christmas leftover tit-bits came in at 5.3 this am

Virtual meet up with cousins went spiffingly last night - the NZ lot stayed with us for an hour or so and then went out for the day - as you do when there is no Covid about. Baked a loaf of bread in the Ninja, so that works.
Cat nap with cat sounds like a tonic @gennepher - I like your water falling into the gorge - smashing colours - wonder what planet it is on?
RIP Hilton Valentine - now in The House of the Rising Sun.

Another tree today, on rice paper. Have a wonderful Sunday, I am off to make koffy and then a walk in the park.

View attachment 47152
Good family get together, I have a nephew in NZ he says big gigs are taking place over there probably the only place in the world this can legally happen.

A whole tree from you today, very majestic and again masterfully drawn.

Enjoy the walk.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today, surprised as last night Mrs MC wanted to cook a Chestnut En croute and I foolishly said yes and ate it, it was good and I expected to pay for my sins.

Cold here and I have agreed to go a Muddy Cycle ride with son after lunch. Also arranged Zoom call with daughter and family so lots to look forward to.

More music to record this time some French Danceries for the Recorder Quartet.

Keep safe and enjoy the day as best you are able.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to Septuagesima, you know, the one before Sexagesima then Quinquagesima :angelic: Cold and frosty here but clear and dry so score draw. Fbg on Swipey 5.1 - well above 7,14.30 and 90 day averages so significant but not urgently worrying. Weight suddenly back at 2017 level for no discernible reason .... except? I have no idea what impact the tumour growing on my bladder wall had on weight during 2018 and 19. I'm happier around 74 kgs than 76 but am now being told I looked ill at 72-73 (the 2 years before the op). Weight control has been the positive USP of LC for me but there are members who have found more reasons than that to follow and enjoy this woe. Plenty of work for me to do in reeducating myself on LC as a force for good in Ianland. Should be useful and hopefully I'll come out the other side more positive about LC. @Muddy Cyclist you've got 1 of those sons eh? I've got 3. Also, what is an ML (your daughter?)
Ah - we are hurtling towards Easter - I did wonder about the direction of the Sunday flow.

Reactions: gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good family get together, I have a nephew in NZ he says big gigs are taking place over there probably the only place in the world this can legally happen.

A whole tree from you today, very majestic and again masterfully drawn.

Enjoy the walk.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - one more for a trio - what am I doing? Best make Mrs Miggins a mug of tea and then get boots on.