What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wilfrid VW camper passed the MOT, looked at certificate and realised that in the last 12 months Wilfrid only did 3k miles.

Today's art first of my Manicured Landscapes, will put the foreground in Wednesday once it's dried.

A4 watercolour about an hour so far...
View attachment 47791
Looking great already, living those trees and the fence line

Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 today

spent an hour raking beech leaves in Mum's garden so that will have to do for today's exercise ;)

My own take on managing my T2D is mostly in my signature, I was lucky to be able to lose a lot of weight to bring me into what I suppose is 'remission', am I 'fixed' nope, can't go back to eating the way I used to. I try to keep it in balance with a lowish carb. diet but not keto by any stretch and tend towards more protein rather than more fat. Who knows what my next A1c will show.

My HC records say'resolved' whatever that means :sorry: Haven't had bloods done for 12 months, toe tickles ;) or an eye check for 18 months. I shall try later this week to book a blood test and see what the reply is :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - thank you for my hug :) Love the colour palette you've used for your fairy and the sculptural quality of her face :joyful: I agree that art is therapeutic :)

@lindisfel - Verucca Salt? ... I was thinking more along the lines of Queen ;)

@dunelm - A spare but very effective doggy picture today, so well captured, you do such strong stroke work :joyful:

@BRSBRI - hugs for the vaccine reaction. I had the Oxford vaccine too last week and had an uncomfortable 24 hours but improved after that. Better that than covid ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - Yay for Wilfrid :joyful:
Grand light in your dawn sketch and I like the distant vista and today's painting has fantastic light and depth of space, I like it very much already as it is :)

art bit - my version of a work by an artist called Sergei Temerev, I like the light he gets into his skies ;)

View attachment 47792
Thank you @geefull. Toe tickles and eyeball photos are still important I think - just of peace of mind if nothing else. I like your painting today and yes, loads of light into that sky and the hints of landfall

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone, it’s a wee bit fret here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of avocado salad with home made coleslaw came it at 5.4 this am - must have been the apple in the coleslaw - never mind, it was great.

International bin day today but not hanging around for the parade. Need to get into town and pick up a couple of frame, some lunatic has requested a couple of my pictures. The girl in the bubble was here yesterday so lots of fun pointing to things in the park. Herons are paring up and getting along with rebuilding nests - 7 of them on three trees. Cormorants have turned up - counted three - that will put paid to any fish.

And now for something completely different - a bit of colour, loosely based upon a backdrop for the first act of Stravinsky’s Right of Spring by the artist Nicholas Rorerich. Have a great day if you can, wrap up warm. Time for koffy.

upload_2021-3-3_7-24-33.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today. Admin yesterday didn't go that well because my card machine stopped working and it took two hours of phone calls from the card machine provider to sort it.

Tech support was brilliant. When it finally started working again we both cheered - it was so funny.

Will be another chilly dog walk this morning.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Glad your feeling better, sorry you can no longer play the sympathy card.

Sid is much better, bet he's too precious to be stamped like Wilfrid, I used my dads signature, Dad was a great adventurer and it was inheritance pennies from dad that meant I could purchase Wilfrid.......
View attachment 47793
And on the bonnet.... and me before loss of weight, I'm skinny now. :)
View attachment 47794
Wilfrid is a fine machine - and so is his keeper!! ;)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Mrs Blackbird, yesterday, was cross with me for escaping my cage.
She glared at me.
She had just been mithering the smaller tiny birds and had swooped on the Jenny Wren who came visiting me. So, I went out. I had found some mealy worms and had put them in my hand. The Robin came up to me, flew around me but declined to land on my hand. I wasn't expecting her to, I was looking for somewhere to place them.
But Mrs Blackbird was interested in what was in my hand. She came close to me, on a branch. So step by step I approached her with my hand extended. She never looked at my hand, but kept eyeball contact. I got to one hands width of her. We stared at each other. Then she turned her back to me, gave a disdainful flick of her tail, and flew further out of reach. So, I placed the mealworms on the old garden chair. Mrs Blackbird promptly flew over, scattered them all off to the ground, and went back to gathering her nest materials...

On my cherry trees now, I have 13 ravens gathering. I have never seen that many before in one go. Then they flew down below the trees to behind the fence, out of my sight.

A parliament of ravens?

Then about 20 minutes or so later one raven flew to the top of the tallest cherry tree, and made a long announcement...then all the other ravens from down below flew away...

My digital painting for today.
And a tanka with it.

293D98EB-998F-42F0-B04F-F8A0EF38554B.jpeg

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
My GP and I have a continuing debate about this. I got my bloods down (not quite to pre-D levels, gahhh) on 3 Metformin (SR 500mg), and my GP wants me to go to four, and mumbles about good for heart health but... never really backs that up with anything positive. When I commented that I don't have any heart issues (at the moment) he did have me bang to rights saying that both my parents had heart problems... and it can run in the family. But I have stuck to three for now (mainly because of the traction issues I was having with the loads of meds).

@ianpspurs Naproxen... is that the anti-inflammatory? I think that was what I was initially prescribed for the severe arthritic pain together with something to settle the stomach, but... they won't let me have it long term so I have to ask for it again when my hands inevitably stop working again after a while. Not terribly helpful when one writes for a living!
Nsaids like naproxen and ibuprofen knacker one's kidneys and are risky in the elderly.
D.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Post Astra Zeneca covid jab - 3am, woke up and felt jittery, did a blood and it was 12.3!!! Did it again, 12.3...Arm aching where they jabbed me.

Drank some water, fell asleep- woke up at 645am, bloods back to 6.0 and the arm not as sore. Hopefully that will be the end of this!

Morning all!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Post Astra Zeneca covid jab - 3am, woke up and felt jittery, did a blood and it was 12.3!!! Did it again, 12.3...Arm aching where they jabbed me.

Drank some water, fell asleep- woke up at 645am, bloods back to 6.0 and the arm not as sore. Hopefully that will be the end of this!

Morning all!
A nightmare of a night turning into what looks a more hopeful day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning everyone, it’s a wee bit fret here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of avocado salad with home made coleslaw came it at 5.4 this am - must have been the apple in the coleslaw - never mind, it was great.

International bin day today but not hanging around for the parade. Need to get into town and pick up a couple of frame, some lunatic has requested a couple of my pictures. The girl in the bubble was here yesterday so lots of fun pointing to things in the park. Herons are paring up and getting along with rebuilding nests - 7 of them on three trees. Cormorants have turned up - counted three - that will put paid to any fish.

And now for something completely different - a bit of colour, loosely based upon a backdrop for the first act of Stravinsky’s Right of Spring by the artist Nicholas Rorerich. Have a great day if you can, wrap up warm. Time for koffy.

View attachment 47801
Definitely a touch of beautiful spring colour here @dunelm
We need it. I need it.

Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

lindisfel

Expert

@dunelm - A spare but very effective doggy picture today, so well captured, you do such strong stroke work :joyful:

@BRSBRI - hugs for the vaccine reaction. I had the Oxford vaccine too last week and had an uncomfortable 24 hours but improved after that. Better that than covid ;)

Grand light in your dawn sketch and I like the distant vista and today's painting has fantastic light and depth of space, I like it very much already as it is :)

art bit - my version of a work by an artist called Sergei Temerev, I like the light he gets into his skies ;)

View attachment 47792[/QUOTE]
It was the, "I want it and want it now!" Quote, I was trying to nail!
D.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 47801
It's never too early to be teaching about the birds and the bees on those park walks.:)

Not so much a lunatic but a wise person making a sound investment in art.

A fine cheerful landscape today, I like that tree trunk detail and the height giving good depth to the painting.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

She glared at me.
She had just been mithering the smaller tiny birds and had swooped on the Jenny Wren who came visiting me. So, I went out. I had found some mealy worms and had put them in my hand. The Robin came up to me, flew around me but declined to land on my hand. I wasn't expecting her to, I was looking for somewhere to place them.
But Mrs Blackbird was interested in what was in my hand. She came close to me, on a branch. So step by step I approached her with my hand extended. She never looked at my hand, but kept eyeball contact. I got to one hands width of her. We stared at each other. Then she turned her back to me, gave a disdainful flick of her tail, and flew further out of reach. So, I placed the mealworms on the old garden chair. Mrs Blackbird promptly flew over, scattered them all off to the ground, and went back to gathering her nest materials...

On my cherry trees now, I have 13 ravens gathering. I have never seen that many before in one go. Then they flew down below the trees to behind the fence, out of my sight.

A parliament of ravens?

And a tanka with it.

View attachment 47802
Grand words, great landscape and good day for sitting on fences watching the world go by.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.9 for me today. Higher than I expected but it's what it is.

VW Golf into garage for new Spring today and Full Suspension Mountain bike off for new bottom bracket so much running around and seeing far too many different people for my liking.

Keep safe and don't let time get the better of you.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

She glared at me.

A parliament of ravens?

Then about 20 minutes or so later one raven flew to the top of the tallest cherry tree, and made a long announcement...then all the other ravens from down below flew away...

And a tanka with it.

View attachment 47802
A conspiracy of ravens. A thought provoking memory image from you today with the words of the tanka.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 47792
It was the, "I want it and want it now!" Quote, I was trying to nail!
D.[/QUOTE]
Thank you @lindisfel

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's never too early to be teaching about the birds and the bees on those park walks.:)

Not so much a lunatic but a wise person making a sound investment in art.

A fine cheerful landscape today, I like that tree trunk detail and the height giving good depth to the painting.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - I must continue with my grandfatherly alternative education with said grandchild.