What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Today, one daughter is off to Akrotiri and the other at a teaching hospital in the land above Hadrian's Wall in her 5th year medical student world. Their mother/my super boss is working with some patients in rehabilitation care following strokes and I've got a day off.

I'm exhausted just writing it.

I think I'll acquaint myself this afternoon if I feel ok, with Sid the Stinger's handbook and work out how all the tech works. Can't figure out some of it as it seems to be Androidish

Breakfast will be eggs, poached and some cheeky wee spinach. Then I might tackle the shower.

Oh and very latest blood after the horror of 12+ in the dead of night - 5.8. AZ vaccine settling down?

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Major tech issues with the forum I'm afraid. You might see double posts...unless I can work it out! And I'm a techie!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A very fresh start to pre bin day in yee haw land Suffolk stylee. Swipey was all dressed up as 3.9 today. Fitbit data for the night was as good as it gets + just now so 3.9 seems to be a winner. Between John Donne (circling a hill not going round in circles) and Mathew 16:24 I see the titanic struggle twixt me and LC as a noble cause. Fair makes my head hurt though. @RFSMarch hug for the jab afters - you too @BRSBRI who I forgot to congratulate on promotion.. Rozzington bear, Naproxen is indeed an anti inflammatory and I too have read that metformin is helpful for cardiovascular health. I've missed a few but a wall needs my head banging against it for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Major tech issues with the forum I'm afraid. You might see double posts...unless I can work it out! And I'm a techie!
Oh, this thread/forum has fun with you from time to time...it does with me. Just copy one of the double posts before you delete the double post, just in case it decides to delete both posts....

Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Oh, this thread/forum has fun with you from time to time...it does with me. Just copy one of the double posts before you delete the double post, just in case it decides to delete both posts....
Ta! Maybe I should loan them some tech resources from my team to help!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
A very fresh start to pre bin day in yee haw land Suffolk stylee. Swipey was all dressed up as 3.9 today. Fitbit data for the night was as good as it gets + just now so 3.9 seems to be a winner. Between John Donne (circling a hill not going round in circles) and Mathew 16:24 I see the titanic struggle twixt me and LC as a noble cause. Fair makes my head hurt though. @RFSMarch hug for the jab afters - you too @BRSBRI who I forgot to congratulate on promotion.. Rozzington bear, Naproxen is indeed anti inflamitries and I too have read that metformin is helpful for cardiac? health. I've missed a few but a wall needs my head banging against it for a while.
Thanks Ianp...

Our diabetes journeys are all different and we have to do what's right for ourselves, our individual wellbeing and peace of mind too!

It's a tough road sometimes - and I'm just a newbie...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For those who liked the Advent poetry links from Malcolm Guite's anthology here are a couple from his Lent anthology* which I think is better. The Donne one I referenced earlier was Satire iii. I just read Maps by Holly Ordway (I just love that page title) which sums up where I am with LC/T2D nicely - could end up being a real volta. If you don't like the overtly religious take the wood from the trees vibe works, IMHO. A kind of thank you card for @Muddy Cyclist (the photo made I chuckle) - and @dunelm for the granddaughter piece.
*To opt out text STOP to 01234567890:angelic:

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who will probably ignore the budget fuelled media today.
Just a gentle reminder today is national bin day and up't norf it's international bin day.

A 7.1 this morning and I know why and am not saying :) .

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers it's a busy day here in Tilehurst Towers. This morning the cage, bike speak for car has to be re-shod, 4 new tyres prior to it's forth coming mot. The tyres have perished, not worn out, ah the joys of retirement and lockdown.

This afternoon a telephone appointment with the hospital diabetic consultant, routine stuff.....Me and me's hope. Followed up with a begging email to the Gp's for more keep me alive drugs.
Now I must go and find my car keys.....shades of the other day :) .
Remember stay safe, stay well and stay away from the media.

Reactions: BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Here's what 2021 feels like to me just about ¼ in...
Coronavirus-vaccine_175d9df2be5_medium.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For those who liked the Advent poetry links from Malcolm Guite's anthology here are a couple from his Lent anthology* which I think is better. The Donne one I referenced earlier was Satire iii. I just read Maps by Holly Ordway (I just love that page title) which sums up where I am with LC/T2D nicely - could end up being a real volta. If you don't like the overtly religious take the wood from the trees vibe works, IMHO. A kind of thank you card for @Muddy Cyclist (the photo made I chuckle) - and @dunelm for the granddaughter piece.
*To opt out text STOP to 01234567890:angelic:
Been awhile since I looked at any John Donne, I have to say I found the read hard going, so now have a book of his poems on my desk and must get back into reading him, I used to enjoy his poems. Maps was better and strangely I have been sorting some very old cloth maps this very day.

Pleased my photo gave you a chuckle, however if I wore those trousers and jacket now you would be having side splitting laughs as I would be able to see my feet if I looked down from the waste line, a bit like Clowns Outfits long passed. :)

Reactions: gennepher

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Thought you'd like to see something my daughter sent me.

I will never EVER complain about a middle seat on a Ryanair flight ever again. Probably.

I had roasted garlic soup for lunch (appetite coming back), a boiled egg and a litre of fizzy water. 2 hours later - 5.7mmol.
Phew!
6106570504_668937af6b_c.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Been awhile since I looked at any John Donne, I have to say I found the read hard going, so now have a book of his poems on my desk and must get back into reading him, I used to enjoy his poems. Maps was better and strangely I have been sorting some very old cloth maps this very day.

Pleased my photo gave you a chuckle, however if I wore those trousers and jacket now you would be having side splitting laughs as I would be able to see my feet if I looked down from the waste line, a bit like Clowns Outfits long passed. :)
Hope you weren't offended by me having a chuckle. The reason was the fashion then not you as the wearer. Body shape changes rapidly with LC. The suit (trousers) I bought for my son's wedding fell off when I tried it on 2 weeks before the wedding - under 2 months.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought you'd like to see something my daughter sent me.

I will never EVER complain about a middle seat on a Ryanair flight ever again. Probably.

I had roasted garlic soup for lunch (appetite coming back), a boiled egg and a litre of fizzy water. 2 hours later - 5.7mmol.
Phew!View attachment 47805
Looks dead posh to me - all those upgraded seats down the middle - must be full of Ruperts

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows

@muddycyclist

Mrs BRS thinks Wilfrid is an outstanding machine and you're an intellectual rather fab chap. Her description of me today doesn't pass muster...

Tough day for her at work it seems, so I've run her a bath and poured a G&T... let's see if I can get the same level of compliments as you lol!!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Looks dead posh to me - all those upgraded seats down the middle - must be full of Ruperts
What's a Rupert? I only know Rupert the Bear...