What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Swipey said 5.5 ➡️ in the early hours pre 6am.
A colleague who doesn't know one end of a racquet from another was commentating last night.. clueless and embarrassingly so. And yet I try and try and get knocked back at every turn. It is hard not to feel depressed or just give up on the whole tennis journalism thing altogether.

Arm still hurts like heck, and got a message from Depressed Friend's bestie (who has in the past been on the dole and known what it is like to struggle) telling me "thank god you still get furlough until September - at least you don't have to worry about having to find work for a while"... maybe I should become a benefits bludger. They seem to do ok. I do fancy a swanky new 4K TV... they all seem to have state of the art kit and phones somehow.

I dunno. I think I need to be where the world is not.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A wonderful painting @Muddy Cyclist of trees and sky.
Brilliant.
Thank yo.
02 03.2021
FBG 5.3
03.03 2021
FBG 5.3
Today my father is 87 years old
When I consider his history it's almost a miracle
I'm in his 20s he was involved in an air crash that left him unable to walk for six months.
In his 50s he suffered multiple heart attacks, one so severe that had he not already been in hospital we would have lost him then.
Later he had to have surgical bypasses installed.
On his 75th Birthday he revealed that he had cancer.
Four years later it was back. With chemo he conquered it again.
Yet he does not count these as the significant incidents in his life.
As an only child he values family connections above all else. His mother (a single parent, widowed before he was born) and her sisters battled constantly, He was 16 when he joined the air force to get away from that.
He married my mother, one of four siblings and was welcomed into that family. The connections there ended only with death. The fact that all his four children are friends is treasured. That he has grandchildren and even great grandchildren is a delight. My father is in frail health. Covid has stolen away many opportunities to spend time with his family, including me, to our mutual distress. Each time i go round there he invites me in...
Its hard.
Humanity at its best, happy birthday for your father. Hugs for terrible times we are in.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and five point nine for me today. No numbers as my iPad won't change the keyboard for me to type them.:banghead:

Wet and dull here so a Muddy Cycle ride first thing and then off to do the Tesco Dash. Hopefully cara no Full Duspension bike will get repaired today.

Keep safe make time your friend.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's art effort on the Manicured Landscape theme. This is a track over Shugbourgh Estates that I Cycle along now and again. It passes a pond that is man made but now neglected...

A4 watercolour about 1 hourish....

View attachment 47810
Manicured and neglected - signs of the times. I like the way that the light from that Fighting Temeraire orange in the sky trips across the landscape and is picked out in that pond.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A dusting of snow here on @TheRealBinDayYee-Haw. An unremarkable par for the course 4.1(and an England Batting horror show) to start the day. Hug for the heartache caused by COVID enforced separation from your father @SlimLizzy and continued battle with finding a commentary opportunity @RFSMarch. Unavoidable trip into Cambridge for me today. If you are out and about take care.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
More music, this is part of our Recorder Quartet and some guests virtual recording of a folk tune. All parts arranged and recorded on our own instruments and played all alone, to a click track to keep us in time, then sent to our tech guy who strings them all together. I failed to record the Bass Recorder on this, too many fast notes so I'm on the guitars and cajon which for some reason can't be heard. Mrs MC on Soprano and Alto Recorder, not our best effort but it gives you an idea. The Concertina is played by a lady I know the piece would have probably been better if we had just recorded the Concertina. :)

Anyway here is a Muddy rendition of King of the Fairies. Please don't feel you have to listen to it or the rest of the pieces we have on Soundcloud.
Still works but maybe not in the way you wanted - I am amazed at how people have been able to use tech to bring music and art together.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Classes went well yesterday but not the admin because the breaks between classes just flew by.

Last week I had written what I thought were some really good exercise sheets but when I re-read them yesterday I realised they were just not that good at all. I don't know why I often find that I don't spot this when I first write them.

So first job today is re-write exercise sheets. After dog walk and more coffee of course, and catch up with the forum and maybe read the newspaper and do the daily Suduko. Oh and more coffee and a game or two of Mah Jong, a quick read of Facebook.......

Now there is just one puzzle solve. Why is there not enough time to do the admin.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.3 today

shopping, shopping and shopping today ;) our one day a week trek round the fresh produce :D

Bought another box of that 'Tea and biscuits' tea, it tastes a bit as if you've dunked either a 'malted milk' biscuit or a 'rich tea' in your tea :hilarious: Can't find any nutritional information but it lists just black tea and natural flavourings, works ok without milk or with almond milk. Offered some to Mum but she says she'll stick to tea with real biscuits ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - a stylish duo ;)
Stunning sky and trees again in today's painting @Muddy Cyclist , lovely :)

@dunelm - nice sunny palette, harbinger of spring ;) We had a cormorant fishing down by the harbour here today too :)

@gennepher - an effective use of your painting skills to work with and enhance your poem, very fine :)

art bit - pen and ink today ;)

View attachment 47811
Thank you for your kind comments @geefull and I am with your mum on the tea and biscuits front even though I don’t eat biscuits. Lovely work with pen and ink from you - where is Pooh and Piglet?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
02 03.2021
FBG 5.3
03.03 2021
FBG 5.3
Today my father is 87 years old
When I consider his history it's almost a miracle
I'm in his 20s he was involved in an air crash that left him unable to walk for six months.
In his 50s he suffered multiple heart attacks, one so severe that had he not already been in hospital we would have lost him then.
Later he had to have surgical bypasses installed.
On his 75th Birthday he revealed that he had cancer.
Four years later it was back. With chemo he conquered it again.
Yet he does not count these as the significant incidents in his life.
As an only child he values family connections above all else. His mother (a single parent, widowed before he was born) and her sisters battled constantly, He was 16 when he joined the air force to get away from that.
He married my mother, one of four siblings and was welcomed into that family. The connections there ended only with death. The fact that all his four children are friends is treasured. That he has grandchildren and even great grandchildren is a delight. My father is in frail health. Covid has stolen away many opportunities to spend time with his family, including me, to our mutual distress. Each time i go round there he invites me in...
Its hard.
Very sad that you can’t get any closer at present but good that you can still go round and chat. Birthday wishes to your father.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A dusting of snow here on @TheRealBinDayYee-Haw. An unremarkable par for the course 4.1(and an England Batting horror show) to start the day. Hug for the heartache caused by COVID enforced separation from your father @SlimLizzy and continued battle with finding a commentary opportunity @RFSMarch. Unavoidable trip into Cambridge for me today. If you are out and about take care.

I am giving up. My face never fit which is why I worked so hard at throwing all my money into Britwatch to get to tournaments for that site as I couldn't get hired at my age to work on papers/sites. now the pandemic has pretty much meant that I can barely afford to run the site, much less travel to cover any tournament.

Time to admit defeat, and do I don't-know-what... but if people can get hired not knowing a **** thing about the match they are watching, then it just goes to show me that it does not matter how hard you think you work... it is not going to be enough.
Maybe bludge off the govenment and then find some part time job somewhere that might look kindly on a useless 51 year old with now two failed careers behind them.

Taking a break from this and everything really.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on good omens of a start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roasted veg with a piquant sauce came in at 4.8 this am

International bin day yesterday was joined by Whisky Wednesday - two tots, both different, one with a smidging of peat, one a bit Speyside. it’s world book day - what are you reading?

Art today a crow seen in the park yesterday. Hope everyone generates a bit of fun in their life today and time enough for koffy.

upload_2021-3-4_7-59-42.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still works but maybe not in the way you wanted - I am amazed at how people have been able to use tech to bring music and art together.
Thank you, I'm sure we sound much better when all playing together live, well at least at past live gigs no one ever threw eggs or tomatoes at us. :)

With these virtual recordings we are so much in the hands of our tech guy who is our music director, in his 70's and learning the new skill as he goes through GarageBand software so we can't complain too much.:)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe bludge off the govenment and then find some part time job somewhere that might look kindly on a useless 51 year old with now two failed careers behind them.
Difficult times for you just now, try and remember you have bounced back before, not easy times but no human life is ever useless. Virtual hugs and sincere concern.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Difficult times for you just now, try and remember you have bounced back before, not easy times but no human life is ever useless. Virtual hugs and sincere concern.
I can't bounce back from this. I am done.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on good omens of a start here in the dark and dangerous north

International bin day yesterday was joined by Whisky Wednesday - two tots, both different, one with a smidging of peat, one a bit Speyside. it’s world book day - what are you reading?

Art today a crow seen in the park yesterday. Hope everyone generates a bit of fun in their life today and time enough for koffy.

View attachment 47816
Drawn before or after the tots? :)

A fine Corvid once again seen and drawn with skill. Some nice brushwork on the bark also.

Reactions: geefull

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 8.5

But, that's not quite right (in a sense because I took it somewhere between the below activity), as I woke in the night at 2.30 am when Popeye got off my chest where he had been sleeping, because I needed the bathroom. Went back to bed, gave up at 3 am, and went to make a cuppa. Checked on Popeye who had made an igloo (as he does) at night if he has gone to sleep on the couch. But he was very still, cold, and I couldn't rouse him. The only bit of warmth was at his rear end. And I am thinking what is the last part of your body that still retains warmth...

So I got another blanket, turned the heating up a notch (the radiator is next to him), and sat besides him with my hand on his body to see if I could get him warm again. Over an hour later the heat was going up his body, back up to his head which was now warm. So, I put my blanket over him (it is very lightweight) and went for a quick shower. Then the bathroom door pushed open and Popeye is looking at me wondering why I have put his cat tray outside the bathroom door, and his eyes widen in horror with this water pouring all over me. So, I think all is well for today at least.

I had to wrap my finger in plastic before the shower as yesterday I had been cutting tomatoes for my lunch, and I had picked up a brand new sharp knife (my spare) without realising, and I sliced the fingerprint part of my first left finger almost off. Instantly I grabbed kitchen towel, pressed it back together (my first thought was how do I unlock my Android as that is the fingerprint recognition for it?!?). Quite a bit of blood. But mixed up with tomatoes. I didn't want to eat after that. And so I never ate yesterday. Instead I went out to my thatched swing, it was a cold cloudy day, but I wanted cold fresh air. And I promptly fell asleep! I woke up to a cold cup of tea in my hand, which was tilting the tea out to the ground, and within a metre of me was Mrs Blackbird on a branch staring me in the face. I have no idea what she was thinking, but her eyes were not regarding me as an enemy, almost like looking at me with concern. So, I sat still, and Mrs Blackbird watched me. Then I got up, and she flew away.

So, this morning I didn't feel too good, I am assuming it was because I didn't eat yesterday. I don't normally eat in the early hours, but I went and cooked a couple of eggs. And Popeye came back to bed with me and we got another couple of hours of sleep in.

I took my blood glucose again. It had gone up to 10.1. I give up.

The ravens are on my cherry trees again. They are making a heck of a racket. All the different pairs, and flocks of birds are visiting. I don't normally have my cochlear speech processor in this early, but I put it on because of Popeye. They have just flown off. And a pair of Magpies have taken their place, and one of the Magpies is making a racket, I can see his beak going, and his aggressive body language in the direction the ravens have flown (which looked like back to the ancient woods).

My painting was done while I was sitting with Popeye earlier. My injured finger kept getting in the way, because I was trying to wedge the iPad, and one hand on Popeye, and using my fingers on the other hand to paint with (I can't hold a digital pen well with my arthritis, so fingers are easy to use to do a digital painting).

I was looking at some photos again, and the last time I saw and held my English grandchildren was on Crosby beach where the hundred statues are, one sunset. But my fingers were a bit clumsy painting this, and kept slipping. I was doing the statue in a puddle of water, as many, of them are. And my finger slipped and it began to look a little like the Casper David Friedrich painting with the man in a frock coat on a rocky outcrop ...

I gave up, so here it is.

Time for a cuppa and a meditation...

F161EBF7-8FDA-4A1F-ACFD-A3ACDDA9DF68.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 47816
Brilliant wings @dunelm
You are amazing with these birds...

Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Hello everyone G'day as the saying goes down under - given I was on a 5am c with the Oz, seems appropriate.

FBG was 6.7 on awakening, which may well be down to eating later than normal and it was a chicken Kiev, although I scraped most of the breadcrumbs off ...

Walk has just been completed with the hound, breakfast of boiled eggs without soldiers.

And a day continues :)

Oh, daughter tells me it is partly cloudy and 18c in Akrotiri. I'm delighted lol!!