What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Good afternoon everyone on a hot and humid afternoon here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of cauliflower cheese and spring greens came in at 5.2 this am

Up and out at 0730 this morning for vaccination duties at local GP surgery so have been in PPE for 5 hours today. We had a production line going on 10 minute appointment windows and 5 vaccination stations. 700 vaccinations took place between 0810 and 1300 - pretty good I think.

Anyhow, art today - another mountain scene - trying for dryer brushes. Hope everyone is enjoying the day - missed out on koffy this morning.
View attachment 48222
Well done you on the volunteering and spiffing art to boot
Screenshot_20210320-143612.jpg

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good afternoon everyone on a hot and humid afternoon here in the dark and dangerous north

Up and out at 0730 this morning for vaccination duties at local GP surgery so have been in PPE for 5 hours today. We had a production line going on 10 minute appointment windows and 5 vaccination stations. 700 vaccinations took place between 0810 and 1300 - pretty good I think.

Anyhow, art today - another mountain scene - trying for dryer brushes. Hope everyone is enjoying the day - missed out on koffy this morning.
View attachment 48222

Gave you a hug for missing your koffy, but also have a winner for being involved in the jabbing.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 48222
A successful morning @dunelm
Good work.
Great mountains.
I hope you have caught up on coffee!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
A rainy murky night as one hour before Saturday midnight arrives here 6,076 miles south east of the UK!

My last day couped up tomorrow provided I get the greenlight text early Monday morning.

Even then, it's still tightly controlled but I will be able to see some of the joint from a hermatically sealed mini van and meet other humanoids not encased in hazmat oxygen suits prodding me at the hotel bedroom door!!

Have a right braw Saturday all! A sip of wine, quick run round the BBC web thing, slip into my Wee Jimmy PJs and lights out for z-zzzzzs...

Night all :)
rainy.jpg

Reactions: mojo37

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Love the idea of a lighthouse, but am realistic enough to know the reality would be much colder, damper and lonlier than my dream.
I quite like the idea of isolation - as long as I warm, had internet and my husband - so not so isolated in reality.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 48222
Sounds like you added brilliant service to a well run operation. Big win!!

Good Mountains again and a hint for getting dryer brushes, use less water. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been a cool old day here, went for fish from sons and ended up planting 80 summer bulbs in his garden. Probably against the rules but played safe and had Wilfrid for convenience....

Managed to thaw out and finish the Willow tree painting of Places I have enjoyed.. This is an odd one because it's a flooded gravel pit near The National Arboretum Alrewas. I can't paint the reason it's special as it's the smell. When kids we used to play in a stream that ran through Willenhall, it's the start of the river Tame and it smelt if stagnant water crossed with metallic engineering smells, awful. This same river runs past theArboretum into the Trent and that same smell can be smelt there. As soon as I smell it childhood memories come back the water in the river Tame seems to have a unique smell....

A4 watercolour...
IMG_4646.JPG

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like you added brilliant service to a well run operation. Big win!!

Good Mountains again and a hint for getting dryer brushes, use less water. :)
Thanks for the excellent advice there @Muddy Cyclist
For the GP surgery I was in charge of squirting hands with a dollop of an unspecified substance and keeping numbers in the waiting room down to six.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Been a cool old day here, went for fish from sons and ended up planting 80 summer bulbs in his garden. Probably against the rules but played safe and had Wilfrid for convenience....

Managed to thaw out and finish the Willow tree painting of Places I have enjoyed.. This is an odd one because it's a flooded gravel pit near The National Arboretum Alrewas. I can't paint the reason it's special as it's the smell. When kids we used to play in a stream that ran through Willenhall, it's the start of the river Tame and it smelt if stagnant water crossed with metallic engineering smells, awful. This same river runs past theArboretum into the Trent and that same smell can be smelt there. As soon as I smell it childhood memories come back the water in the river Tame seems to have a unique smell....

A4 watercolour...
View attachment 48231
Brilliant, wonderful colours - I must look this place up as I go to the National Memorial Arboretum a couple of times a year - especially for an event called Ride To The Wall.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

A4 watercolour...
View attachment 48231

Okay, you have described it well enough, I can smell it @Muddy Cyclist

I used to wander along the Walsall Canal system when I was a teenager, and there were many derelict industries, and a lot of the canal sidings leading to each industry were disused and were silted up with reeds. There was metal things dumped, and stuff leaking into the canal. I can still remember the smell there.

It is a calming peaceful watercolour...

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday 5.3
Today 5.1
But am feeling very stressed and miserable as it's still eight weeks at least before we can go home. Although MrSlim has informed me we might be able to use the motorhome and actually go somewhere, possibly even be able to meet outside with friends/family limited numbers of course.
Hugs for the wsy your feeling x

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the excellent advice there @Muddy Cyclist
For the GP surgery I was in charge of squirting hands with a dollop of an unspecified substance and keeping numbers in the waiting room down to six.

Logistics & supply lines, not to be underrated and ignored only by the most foolish of generals.
Been the downfall of many armies.

Job well done.
Stand easy soldier.

Stand

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay, you have described it well enough, I can smell it @Muddy Cyclist

I used to wander along the Walsall Canal system when I was a teenager, and there were many derelict industries, and a lot of the canal sidings leading to each industry were disused and were silted up with reeds. There was metal things dumped, and stuff leaking into the canal. I can still remember the smell there.

It is a calming peaceful watercolour...
Nicely described, @gennepher

Similar experiences here.

Little inlet off Thames.
Designed to feed power station
Ex railway yard,

Summer holidays climbing into places we shouldn't, wandering forbidden railway tracks. The inlet/ creek silted up at the back of disused factories, that 'Smell' lingering in the air.

Happy, glorious, carefree days.
The days of the endless summers.

Back there now, just 3 lads, brave beyond stupid.

Fences climbed, guards AND their dogs evaded.
sneaking on to the bow of a Thames barge moored up.alongside what seemed like a canyon of disused railway boxes.

Climbing down into the bulkhead, to chat, tell tall stories & sing.

Yeah, we sang, badly most likely,
but we sang whatever was popular.

Remember "Sound of silence" "the fighter" and "America" among a few others by Simon & Garfunkel being common choices.

Ahh. Happy days.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice described, @gennepher

Similar experiences here.

Little inlet off Thames.
Designed to feed power station
Ex railway yard,

Summer holidays climbing into places we shouldn't, wandering forbidden railway tracks. The inlet/ creek silted up at the back of disused factories, that 'Smell' lingering in the air.

Happy, glorious, carefree days.
The days of the endless summers.

Back there now, just 3 lads, brave beyond stupid.

Fences climbed, guards AND their dogs evaded.
sneaking on to the bow of a Thames barge moored up.alongside what seemed like a canyon of disused railway boxes.

Climbing down into the bulkhead, to chat, tell tall stories & sing.

Yeah, we sang, badly most likely,
but we sang whatever was popular.

Remember "Sound of silence" "the fighter" and "America" among a few others by Simon & Garfunkel being common choices.

Ahh. Happy days.
Yes, I remember 'brave beyond stupid' as you describe it :)
I also remember chain link fences which I undid, and then escaping guards and Alsatians, a good runner I was then...
But we survived and had life experiences didn't we @jjraak

Adventures are a necessary part of childhood and beyond...

I think we could all write more than a book full of childhood escapades.

I am remembering, and I wonder how I am still here sometimes...

Reactions: Lainie71 and BRSBRI

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A busy few days.

Fbg still all Cubby Broccoli with the latest 007 fbg blockbuster.
"Stabbing is Forever"

Following on from previous movie smashes
"Blood raker".
"You only eat twice"
"From the Doctors with love"

And my all time favourite
"Sorefinger"

Progress on legs, seems to have plateaued
Going downstairs still a little hit and miss, up not so hard.

Walking going well & further.:D
Driveways, cambers, grass all taken in my stride now, just at a slower pace

The balance thing is slow returning though.
I play "walk the lines" on the pavement cracks, can't do too many, before losing balance , ho hum :rolleyes:

I Noticed when painting top of stairs, a little more unsteady then I expected.
Nerves reawakening the docs said

On a plus side,
Our Steph's flatmate, out with her dad locally,
And getting back to car found battery flat

A quick call to me, and I was on way to assist.
A chance to show off my battery charger/ booster gadget.

Hooked it up, started first time, 2 minutes they were back on their way.

Her dad impressed, looked at buying one.
until.. HOW MUCH :woot:

£50+ an investment for anyone whose time IS money
Sat by the side of the road for an hour or more, waiting for the breakdown guys, earning nothing or speeding on to his next job....no brainer to me.

Some people, very short sighted :rolleyes:

Anyway, off to rewatch the movie outtakes.

The one where he keeps taking the fbg and getting different readings, a Classic :banghead:

Enjoy the day all.
London out

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, I remember 'brave beyond stupid' as you describe it :)
I also remember chain link fences which I undid, and then escaping guards and Alsatians, a good runner I was then...
But we survived and had life experiences didn't we @jjraak

Adventures are a necessary part of childhood and beyond...

I think we could all write more than a book full of childhood escapades.

I am remembering, and I wonder how I am still here sometimes...

Couldn't agree more @gennepher

Experiences for better or worse many of this generation of youngsters will only see in movies.

They say everyone's got a book in them.
Think yours might give jk Rowling a run for her money :D

A slight side step.
Fun game at work, to get some talking, was movie of your life
No expense spared
What's the casting to play family, friends etc
and WHO plays YOU

I always wanted Clooney for that role.
Think ER early days, so not me, but we dream.;)

Missus i'd choose between Jolie or lorelai Gilmore (Gilmore girls) yeah her lockdown binge fest lured me in.:woot::hilarious::hilarious:

Who would you cast ?