What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Morning all. Yesterday turned out sunny here bit today has started dull. Swipey was 5.8 initially which is about as welcome as a rattlesnake in a lucky dip for me. Definitely not food related so I'm hoping continuous OMADs and as much exercise as possible are holding the line not doing damage. Finely balanced just now. I think the unfinished home gym and unfinished leisure centre just across the road plus loss of orchards and lawns to maintain have impacted after a year. Whether I can regain the lost ground at my age is an interesting challenge. Of course, LC could just have stopped working. Good news on A1c @lindisfel . @BRSBRI the private jet seems like a safety winner for personal COVID safety and, marginally, the environment.
Thanks Ian. I agree on the inbound home.
As an example Eva Air cancelled flights at the last minute during the week and Thai the same - I don't fancy being stranded in Bangkok. I haven't checked Lufthansa, Austrian or Swiss- even if they're operating, so I agree. Even if I'll spend my birthday either in the air or here...mind you, given I'm so elevated in age these days), doesn't matter!

I think you're doing a grand job keeping fit and the DD (dreaded diabetes) at bay...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it is far better for joints ...and non runners like myself . I haven't been brave enough to do it outside but if I had a JJ partner I might .It does work your muscles even though it looks so slow .
Yes, it definitely works your muscles. I tried it last night and this morning and was very impressed. Interesting that it doesn't work with my outdoor shoes. It was much better with my indoor shoes which have very thin soles.

Definitely good for my damaged knee and foot from the RTA. I was also worrying that the transition back to classes from Zoom is going to play havoc with the injuries as it involves so much standing - but this is going to such a perfect addition to my current fitness regime.

Just got to make sure I don't overdo it. I am renown for overdoing things.

Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian. I agree on the inbound home.
As an example Eva Air cancelled flights at the last minute during the week and Thai the same - I don't fancy being stranded in Bangkok. I haven't checked Lufthansa, Austrian or Swiss- even if they're operating, so I agree. Even if I'll spend my birthday either in the air or here...mind you, given I'm so elevated in age these days), doesn't matter!

I think you're doing a grand job keeping fit and the DD (dreaded diabetes) at bay...
Thanks. It is potentially better than I sometimes think. Due to summer 2019 events I've missed two years of hauling lawn mowers up steep ditches, clearing said ditches, trimming hedges, stacking and moving 4 tons of logs, looking after chickens and 4-6+ hrs lawn mowing weekly plus home gym and static bike. I had sessions with PTs in late 2019 but the move and COVID ended that. Obviously that is a hole diet alone won't fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: BRSBRI

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you took your Norwegian poles, and practised Japanese jogging, you could possibly make a fusion fortune...the Lars Osaka fitness programme? P.S. It's as well I have a marketing team in my group at work...;)
Or I could patent it as a tool to aid social distancing as I think that the sight of someone doing a fusion between Nordic walking and JJ will ensure that everyone will keep well away from you when you are out and about.

Reactions: BRSBRI

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are stranded in limbo land pondering the unponderable.

A hmmmm 6.5 this morning on the meter of mystery.

Me and me's are wondering about what today has planned for us, also me and me's have not seen our partners in misdemeanours, chaos and mayhem for a long time, but we are due a long catch up. Look out world.

Koffy is calling and so are medications, better start doing stuff.
Stay well, stay safe and stay active.
Oh and well done to the jabbers on the huge numbers yesterday.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Or I could patent it as a tool to aid social distancing as I think that the sight of someone doing a fusion between Nordic walking and JJ will ensure that everyone will keep well away from you when you are out and about.
Winner. I buy that idea, no problem!

Reactions: gennepher

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are stranded in limbo land pondering the unponderable.

A hmmmm 6.5 this morning on the meter of mystery.

Me and me's are wondering about what today has planned for us, also me and me's have not seen our partners in misdemeanours, chaos and mayhem for a long time, but we are due a long catch up. Look out world.

Koffy is calling and so are medications, better start doing stuff.
Stay well, stay safe and stay active.
Oh and well done to the jabbers on the huge numbers yesterday.
I have managed to swallow some wine the wrong way reading this. I hope my constant coughing doesn't have the epidemic bods smashing my door in and shoving a brace of elongated cotton buds in my face...

Reactions: gennepher

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, it definitely works your muscles. I tried it last night and this morning and was very impressed. Interesting that it doesn't work with my outdoor shoes. It was much better with my indoor shoes which have very thin soles.

Definitely good for my damaged knee and foot from the RTA. I was also worrying that the transition back to classes from Zoom is going to play havoc with the injuries as it involves so much standing - but this is going to such a perfect addition to my current fitness regime.

Just got to make sure I don't overdo it. I am renown for overdoing things.
Re the shoes when I read up on the subject its is something to do with how you land on your feet .I've got very strong legs and I can certainly feel the muscles working hard even though it looks so gentle and easy :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@mojo37 thanks for the Niko Niko link. @Krystyna23040 the JJ NW combo may travel up the A11 pdq. @BRSBRI thanks for the sliding doors moment. No wonder I'm having such a hard time adjusting to life here. If I ignore the scales and Swipey - which are both fine just not where they were with that lifestyle things look better. I think I heard the word cancer and imagined the worst - completely blotted out non invasive and any cheerful prognosis.:arghh: My instinct was to move Julie close to our boys and away from all the work.

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
lol very good I think in my case just the jj would keep people away .

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
1730 - BG has taken me to 4.9 for the first time ever since I started jabbing my finger after T2DM diagnosis this January. Bit of a surprise being stuck in a large room with a fitness bike and big tellies.

Dinner I can't decide - but I might order out and have a steak for a change, although my recollection is they're pretty tasteless unless you pay for Kobe and the like, which has taken my appetite away being a Scot n all ;)

@jraak @lindisfel MrsBRS has ordered a Formentor car. I have no clue what this is. I thought it was a small Ballearic island or maybe that's Formentera... I shall investigate and raise my BG into the double digits...

Wish everyone out there a splendiferous Saturday

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Yesterday 5.3
Today 5.1
But am feeling very stressed and miserable as it's still eight weeks at least before we can go home. Although MrSlim has informed me we might be able to use the motorhome and actually go somewhere, possibly even be able to meet outside with friends/family limited numbers of course.

Reactions: karen8967

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Yesterday 5.3
Today 5.1
But am feeling very stressed and miserable as it's still eight weeks at least before we can go home. Although MrSlim has informed me we might be able to use the motorhome and actually go somewhere, possibly even be able to meet outside with friends/family limited numbers of course.

I'm really sorry to hear this @SlimLizzy
Hope you can meet folks though and maybe see some of the country too. Hope MrSlim is feeling better as well. Have a hug coming your way from 6,000 odd miles south east...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday 5.3
Today 5.1
Sorry to hear you are stressed. Impossible to properly understand how you must feel but easy to see none of us would feel any other way. I'm pretty sure you are handling things far better than the rest of us would. All I can give are words and prayers, sorry, but both given gladly.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday 5.3
Today 5.1
Hugs @SlimLizzy
Hopefully you will be able to do MrSlim's plan.
You have been in that MotorHome a long time now.

Reactions: jjraak

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Well, the steak dinner I was desperate for turned out to be interesting and more like a fusion mixed grill - the steak was very nicely cooked, the fried egg a surprise addition, the unexpected pork chop wasn't bad and I left the sweet corn, pasta, noodles they chucked on for good measure! The miso soup and greens were however great...I stared at the ice cream treat they brought...dipped in dark chocolate...and prevented me having to suffer guilt pangs in the morning and a mental FBG!

At 915pm, it's sultry: 27°C and raining. Talk about tropical showers! I might go onto the terrace and listen to the pitter patter of the falling rain (that'd make a good song...;) ) and drink a cheeky wee glass of red before getting ready for freedom in 2 days.

Another Covid test was negative today and a new health questionnaire completed...the NHS could learn a lot as well as never having implemented the test and trace joke...the system here is fab, cost a fraction of the UK and it works.
steak.jpg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
I'm now told by Dr to be daughter she was in an endocrinology tutorial and they were discussing how uncontrolled blood sugars over an extended period can have direct cause and effect on hearing issues especially tinnitus.

Diabetes in any guise can profoundly effect the whole darned shootin' match with complications as long as your arm...so I'm up for making sure the ones I have at the moment (slight neuropathy in my left foot and manhood nerve damage - so to speak) don't get any worse...

lindisfel

Expert
1730 - BG has taken me to 4.9 for the first time ever since I started jabbing my finger after T2DM diagnosis this January. Bit of a surprise being stuck in a large room with a fitness bike and big tellies.

Dinner I can't decide - but I might order out and have a steak for a change, although my recollection is they're pretty tasteless unless you pay for Kobe and the like, which has taken my appetite away being a Scot n all ;)

@jraak @lindisfel MrsBRS has ordered a Formentor car. I have no clue what this is. I thought it was a small Ballearic island or maybe that's Formentera... I shall investigate and raise my BG into the double digits...

Wish everyone out there a splendiferous Saturday
Been there Ian, it has very high cliffs.
I was looking at the Eleonora's Falcons
Derek

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon everyone on a hot and humid afternoon here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of cauliflower cheese and spring greens came in at 5.2 this am

Up and out at 0730 this morning for vaccination duties at local GP surgery so have been in PPE for 5 hours today. We had a production line going on 10 minute appointment windows and 5 vaccination stations. 700 vaccinations took place between 0810 and 1300 - pretty good I think.

Anyhow, art today - another mountain scene - trying for dryer brushes. Hope everyone is enjoying the day - missed out on koffy this morning.
upload_2021-3-20_14-21-38.jpeg