What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant, wonderful colours - I must look this place up as I go to the National Memorial Arboretum a couple of times a year - especially for an event called Ride To The Wall.
Thank you, if you get to go again and decide to sniff out the River Tame, runs along the furthest Eastern Edge, take a peg. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay, you have described it well enough, I can smell it @Muddy Cyclist

I used to wander along the Walsall Canal system when I was a teenager, and there were many derelict industries, and a lot of the canal sidings leading to each industry were disused and were silted up with reeds. There was metal things dumped, and stuff leaking into the canal. I can still remember the smell there.

It is a calming peaceful watercolour...
Thank you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Couldn't agree more @gennepher

Experiences for better or worse many of this generation of youngsters will only see in movies.

They say everyone's got a book in them.
Think yours might give jk Rowling a run for her money :D

A slight side step.
Fun game at work, to get some talking, was movie of your life
No expense spared
What's the casting to play family, friends etc
and WHO plays YOU

I always wanted Clooney for that role.
Think ER early days, so not me, but we dream.;)

Missus i'd choose between Jolie or lorelai Gilmore (Gilmore girls) yeah her lockdown binge fest lured me in.:woot::hilarious::hilarious:

Who would you cast ?

For me @jjraak
Who would I cast for me?
Still thinking on that one...
BUT Helen Hobson, as she was when she played Cathy in the Heathcliff musical, 1996.
If I find a better contender I will let you know...
But then you still need the child me...

Edit:
I cannot find a photo of her that I remember from the musical, so I offer this clip

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

My digital painting for today...

I was doodling and it developed into an abstract painting.

View attachment 48238
Good strong colours and a mix that reminded me of two porch lamps my mom and dad had inlaid with dark blue, red and green glass in random chunks. A good stained glass window effect and you captured the light, brilliant.

Reactions: BRSBRI and dunelm

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me today. Once again I am not sure why, low carb meal, good nights sleep, no additional aches and pains.

Zoom hour with my sisters later this morning and then again with one of the quires we sing in this afternoon. Some wrought iron painting inbetween as it's a dry day.

Keep safe and plough on.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a still and undecided start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of ham salad on a balmy evening came in at 5.2 this am

It was like a summer day yesterday - I missed the first bit and was then told that the town and beach were crowded so did not venture down. Walking past the park, I could see that people were queuing with children in the play area - I know it’s tricky but when did fortitude die? The Finns have a word - Sisu.
Meanwhile, growing numbers of birds visiting the bird feeders in the garden, buds are breaking out on trees - animals and plants just shrugging and getting on with Spring Equinox stuff.

Art today - began by just wanting the outline of mountains and then got a bit carried away - never mind, there is always (I hope) another day. May your Sunday be a good one - time for koffy.

upload_2021-3-21_7-19-29.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me @jjraak
Who would I cast for me?
Still thinking on that one...
BUT Helen Hobson, as she was when she played Cathy in the Heathcliff musical, 1996.
If I find a better contender I will let you know...
But then you still need the child me...

Edit:
I cannot find a photo of her that I remember from the musical, so I offer this clip

Cliff Richard who knew

But is there an artistic cat in there somewhere ;)

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice, I did find this. Cliff Richard who knew
Did find this
AegHiayh4s2yt2VF9

But is there an artistic cat in there somewhere :banghead:

Earlier in the musical her hair is less formal, and that was the image I was thinking of when she looked a bit more wild. I don't have my video any more of it. I had no idea of the words years ago, but visually the musical resonated with me, and because I did used to play alone on those moors @jjraak
I still have the image in my mind of a painting I did of myself many years ago...painting is long gone...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Experiences for better or worse many of this generation of youngsters will only see in movies.

A slight side step.
No expense spared
and WHO plays YOU

Missus i'd choose between Jolie or lorelai Gilmore (Gilmore girls) yeah her lockdown binge fest lured me in.:woot::hilarious::hilarious:

Who would you cast ?
Good to hear you are still progressing well and helping out where and when you can.

As for actors I would have to be portrait by Clint Eastwood or if he is not available Harrison Ford.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows

A slight side step.
No expense spared
and WHO plays YOU

Who would you cast ?
Billy Connolly in his younger years as I was rough diamond in the mists of time...Missus likely to be Joanna Lumley as she's quaite posh but with a devil of a sense of humour...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Good morning everyone on a still and undecided start here in the dark and dangerous north

It was like a summer day yesterday - I missed the first bit and was then told that the town and beach were crowded so did not venture down. Walking past the park, I could see that people were queuing with children in the play area - I know it’s tricky but when did fortitude die? The Finns have a word - Sisu.
Meanwhile, growing numbers of birds visiting the bird feeders in the garden, buds are breaking out on trees - animals and plants just shrugging and getting on with Spring Equinox stuff.

Art today - began by just wanting the outline of mountains and then got a bit carried away - never mind, there is always (I hope) another day. May your Sunday be a good one - time for koffy.

View attachment 48239
Loving the mountains...I can feel the cool fresh air on my face looking at this...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
A busy few days.

Fbg still all Cubby Broccoli with the latest 007 fbg blockbuster.
"Stabbing is Forever"

Following on from previous movie smashes
"Blood raker".
"You only eat twice"
"From the Doctors with love"

And my all time favourite
"Sorefinger"

Progress on legs, seems to have plateaued
Going downstairs still a little hit and miss, up not so hard.

Walking going well & further.:D
Driveways, cambers, grass all taken in my stride now, just at a slower pace

The balance thing is slow returning though.
I play "walk the lines" on the pavement cracks, can't do too many, before losing balance , ho hum :rolleyes:

I Noticed when painting top of stairs, a little more unsteady then I expected.
Nerves reawakening the docs said

On a plus side,
Our Steph's flatmate, out with her dad locally,
And getting back to car found battery flat

A quick call to me, and I was on way to assist.
A chance to show off my battery charger/ booster gadget.

Hooked it up, started first time, 2 minutes they were back on their way.

Her dad impressed, looked at buying one.
until.. HOW MUCH :woot:

£50+ an investment for anyone whose time IS money
Sat by the side of the road for an hour or more, waiting for the breakdown guys, earning nothing or speeding on to his next job....no brainer to me.

Some people, very short sighted :rolleyes:

Anyway, off to rewatch the movie outtakes.

The one where he keeps taking the fbg and getting different readings, a Classic :banghead:

Enjoy the day all.
London out

Hope you're doing well ...
and glad you're making progress...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Been a cool old day here, went for fish from sons and ended up planting 80 summer bulbs in his garden. Probably against the rules but played safe and had Wilfrid for convenience....

Managed to thaw out and finish the Willow tree painting of Places I have enjoyed.. This is an odd one because it's a flooded gravel pit near The National Arboretum Alrewas. I can't paint the reason it's special as it's the smell. When kids we used to play in a stream that ran through Willenhall, it's the start of the river Tame and it smelt if stagnant water crossed with metallic engineering smells, awful. This same river runs past theArboretum into the Trent and that same smell can be smelt there. As soon as I smell it childhood memories come back the water in the river Tame seems to have a unique smell....

A4 watercolour...
View attachment 48231
There's much talent on this thread artistically and philosophically...it's great!

Reactions: gennepher

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 48239
Like those distant mountains getting stronger as they hit the foreground. That far away Mountain could easily be Snowdon seen from the Berwyns.

Hugs for crowds keeping you in. Looking at the lack of future holidays abroad I think this is how the UK is going to be for some time to come. Before Covid it was getting harder to walk and find wilderness now it's almost impossible. I read that they are going to start pushing the Countryside Code again, what ever happened to people's common sense and respect?