What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a propellers in a clear blue sky start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel bacon, eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes came in at 3.5 this am. It quickly climbed up and topped out at 6.0 within 15 minutes - liver still working, in this regard at least.

Saturday - fence to repair - a panel to replace. Two bird feeders have been taken down and stood on the patio - the birds have still tracked them down. Booster jabs by September for some - interesting. @gennepher - will you be exercising your freedom today?
Art today, ink on rice paper. Have a wonderful day if you can. Does about 150 brazil nuts contain enough selenium to make you ill? I have no idea. Time for koffy.

View attachment 48365

Will I be exercising my freedom @dunelm ?
Not today.
Why?
Because when I went out yesterday to do food shopping and stuff, the roads round here were at gridlock, And it took me ages to get home from local shopping. So it was looking like people were starting a day early. I have absolutely no desire to sit in a traffic queue coughing and choking with the exhaust fumes...

Next week.....early....

I never go out on a weekend here. Always too much traffic.

A great dramatic sketch, and great scale provided by the pagodas.

Looks like you have a busy day worked out for you. I still have to check if any wind damage from the the wild wind rave last night...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Cracking pics
Do love a fishing port, can almost smell the sea.

Ahem, THAT Box.

Sure it tastes GREAT...:chicken:
But it looks less then..err umm.. 'appealling '

Or was it a visual to tempt @Krystyna23040 Archie .mmmh ;)

Enjoy the day...looks n sounds great :D
Lunch looked it'd been passed through the duodenal tract of a low flying pelican ... but it tasted fab...eyes shut mind!
taiwan3.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

The wind was having an all night wild rave last night, even Popeye got alarmed...

My digital painting for today in Procreate...

A walk I took many many years ago from Wycoller Hall, up into the moors.
When my children were little, I took them to Wycoller, and they played all day there in the water, going up the stream, and building dams...

1A8AF6CA-F6A6-4290-99FA-3C985D41369F.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A merry morning to you all.

7.2..a low for the past few days.
Maybe it was the late night walk ?

A few laps of the block giving a happy 3,203 steps
And an BG of 5.9.at 11:17 last night.

Not quite the big 5.0..:sorry:

but sod it ;), beggars can't be choosers...:D

Whoop whoop, at least at some point I'm on McGarrett plains, even if it is only for a few minutes ...

( sure bailiffs or a posse of sheriff's will be here in a minute to drive me off the land..:rolleyes: )

Now progress is being made,
I dated venture into the data...
And can admit it to others as well as myself.

Oh dear, since accident I've put on 26lbs.:banghead:

Worrying how quickly being almost sedentary and a MUCH higher carb diet impacted my weight...and by dint my fbg, apparently :arghh::rolleyes:

Tracker is only now beginning to be close to my previous steps levels, etc.

SO....line in the sand day.:nurse:

More exercise
Less bleating
Time to renew.

Your time starts....'NOW'..:)

Have a good day all.:happy:
Bleat away you have every right, 26 lbs will be shaken off really quickly with your drive and fight to get back to health. I recongne you will be back in those Speedos by June, although you won't be able to go anywhere to wear them.

So there you go June is your challenge.:)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

The wind was having an all night wild rave last night, even Popeye got alarmed...

My digital painting for today in Procreate...

A walk I took many many years ago from Wycoller Hall, up into the moors.
When my children were little, I took them to Wycoller, and they played all day there in the water, going up the stream, and building dams...

View attachment 48372
Those magical moments so well painted, I do like this scene and you have drawn some amazing plants in the foreground. Your mention of dam building brings back many memories.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Just heard word. The Gulfstream is departing San Francisco tomorrow with my senior tech team) and I now leave here Wednesday, 21 days (I think, bit blurry) after having left home. 9 figure contract signed, new friends made. I wish my life was more predictable with timelines...

So a packed few days ahead ...working tomorrow but with time to take photos of the violent thunderstorms predicted, Monday ¾ day off, Tuesday ½ day work, ½ day shopping, evening drinks to say au revoir till the next time, Wednesday say bye to all the great staff who've looked after me, and a big cya later to the amazing Hamish and his Toyota Tank, arrive airport 10am Wednesday, airborne by 1045am (I love the check-in length) and homeward bound, arriving back to deepest Hampshire in the late afternoon.

I think I need yet another drink

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure I always 'get' or understand all the informative advice & views you artists give, :sorry:
Our aim is to baffle and mystify like any good art critic. Can't give away too many trade secrets or you will all be posting paintings. :joyful:

Reactions: BRSBRI

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to Saturday. Sun and wind here - meh but a promised 22C next week - yee haw. Swipey delivered a Justin this morning - 4.9. Great pics @BRSBRI - you and Wan must be cockahoop after the rugby. @jjraak great progress and determination. @Muddy Cyclist your run of higher than desired fbgs is just one of those things low carb has limited efficacy IMHO. Cashews? I like those - only nuts I will eat but the carbs scare me. Will I need a microscope to track down 20 gms? A chune to blast out full power IMHO. Enjoy your day and Nike said it right - JFDI.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Final photo as I don't want to bore rigid.
Taken before the big Cumulus clouds signaling a change started to arrive.

Great weekend all!
tai5.jpg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
So thats almost used up by the 6 figure evening meal you took them to. :)

Joking apart, well done your company should be really chuffed with your success.

Good news on getting a comfortable return trip organised.
Thanks sir!

Reactions: gennepher

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If that was a window full of nut butter jars, I'd be right there. Slathering it in by the ladel full... MrsBRS has seen me with Marks and Spencer Crunchy Peanut Butter - the psychological trauma for her remains.
I did ban all nut butters for almost a year but somehow they seem to have crept back onto the shopping list again.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Welcome to Saturday. Sun and wind here - meh but a promised 22C next week - yee haw. Swipey delivered a Justin this morning - 4.9. Great pics @BRSBRI - you and Wan must be cockahoop after the rugby. @jjraak great progress and determination. @Muddy Cyclist your run of higher than desired fbgs is just one of those things low carb has limited efficacy IMHO. Cashews? I like those - only nuts I will eat but the carbs scare me. Will I need a microscope to track down 20 gms? A chune to blast out full power IMHO. Enjoy your day and Nike said it right - JFDI.
Yay. Gawn yersell Ecosse!;) Thankfully, he's not wearing a kilt...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
I did ban all nut butters for almost a year but somehow they seem to have crept back onto the shopping list again.
I had to reread this as I thought it said but nutters. I blame my age.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good old U2, great album. Thanks for link.

Reactions: BRSBRI