What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please explain why Brazil nuts are sold in 500g packets, if over consumption (more than two or three) is dangerous. Surely if this is the case, brazil nuts would be sold in pairs - with a health warning and shops prohibited from selling more than one packet to anyone.
By the way, my higher than average FBG yesterday was caused by dark chocolate coated Brazil's. 150g pack

hey, don't shoot the messenger..:woot:;)

No idea, except what was mentioned,
but i listened, which is why i began eating one or two.

each makes their own decisions.:D

hug for the brazils misdemeanours..

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Good morning from a warm Taipei. FBG considering the dinner and booze from last night I think is a fairly respectable 6.7...

Up with the lark; taking a train 30m to the coast for breakfast on the Pacific; head back into the city and Wan, otherwise known as Hamish will take me on an afternoon and evening tour; I'll treat him to dinner!

Sleep well everyone up there in UK and Europe...don't let the bugs bite!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Congratulations on the done deal. Applause and champagne. Fall into bed and relax, job done. Well done you.
Thank you! Slept like a baby/log/knackered Scotsman...Hope you and Mr Slim are doing well

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
That is really funny.
If that was a window full of nut butter jars, I'd be right there. Slathering it in by the ladel full... MrsBRS has seen me with Marks and Spencer Crunchy Peanut Butter - the psychological trauma for her remains.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
good evening all :)

4.3 this morning

A cold but sometimes sunny day today, made for nice clouds :)
All tablets today ;) Mum has picked up her prescription tablets and Katy's worm and flea tablets and mr gee got more vitamin D and Magnesium and dropped off his prescription :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - interesting night study with that scarlet moon, I like how it reflects in the waterfall and subtly warms the night sky :)

@BRSBRI - congratulations on a successful outcome, but I don't even want to think about what that amount translates to :eek:
Bartoli - 'Sposa son disprezzata' :singing:

@dunelm - even if you think you overworked it a bit you've produced a pleasing and highly textural painting today and the trees are lovely :)

@Muddy Cyclist - looking forward to your next ensemble release ;)

@jjraak - sounds as if your hard work is paying off in good progress :)

@Krystyna23040 - cashew nuts are a favourite with mr gee too, we got a special offer in Home Bargains this week, three x 150g bags for £3.50 :)

art bit - tried something a bit different

here is my go at an image seen on Pinterest (the reference I put down as the artist I now think may be the place name - Hoi Quan), it's turned out a bit flat and muddy for my liking :sorry:
View attachment 48364
Great artwork and thanks! Dinner was a long time coming and I've blanked out the cost in GBP in case I get palpitations ;) It was a good night and culmination of months of work between the 2 companies... Hope all's well...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
@mrst123 Sending all the best after your successful phone interview... Hope it all works out....

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 this morning

All tablets today ;) Mum has picked up her prescription tablets and Katy's worm and flea tablets and mr gee got more vitamin D and Magnesium and dropped off his prescription :)

@gennepher - interesting night study with that scarlet moon, I like how it reflects in the waterfall and subtly warms the night sky :)

@BRSBRI - congratulations on a successful outcome, but I don't even want to think about what that amount translates to :eek:

@dunelm - even if you think you overworked it a bit you've produced a pleasing and highly textural painting today and the trees are lovely :)

@Krystyna23040 - cashew nuts are a favourite with mr gee too, we got a special offer in Home Bargains this week, three x 150g bags for £3.50 :)

here is my go at an image seen on Pinterest (the reference I put down as the artist I now think may be the place name - Hoi Quan), it's turned out a bit flat and muddy for my liking :sorry:
View attachment 48364
Thank you @geefull for your art comments. All go in the tablet department - don’t mix them up! I like the colours in your pagoda - an interesting composition.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a propellers in a clear blue sky start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel bacon, eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes came in at 3.5 this am. It quickly climbed up and topped out at 6.0 within 15 minutes - liver still working, in this regard at least.

Saturday - fence to repair - a panel to replace. Two bird feeders have been taken down and stood on the patio - the birds have still tracked them down. Booster jabs by September for some - interesting. @gennepher - will you be exercising your freedom today?
Art today, ink on rice paper. Have a wonderful day if you can. Does about 150 brazil nuts contain enough selenium to make you ill? I have no idea. Time for koffy.

upload_2021-3-27_6-30-29.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 this morning

View attachment 48364
Always good to try something new, different approach and learning curve. It doesn't always suit our individual styles or work as we expect, I have a lot of these experiences. You have added a good hint of brightness in the background light yellow and the shaded leaves on the trees have some good depth with the blue. Not as muddy and flat as you think it is, look at it again in a day or two.

Reactions: mojo37

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a propellers in a clear blue sky start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel bacon, eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes came in at 3.5 this am. It quickly climbed up and topped out at 6.0 within 15 minutes - liver still working, in this regard at least.

Saturday - fence to repair - a panel to replace. Two bird feeders have been taken down and stood on the patio - the birds have still tracked them down. Booster jabs by September for some - interesting. @gennepher - will you be exercising your freedom today?
Art today, ink on rice paper. Have a wonderful day if you can. Does about 150 brazil nuts contain enough selenium to make you ill? I have no idea. Time for koffy.

View attachment 48365
More great Mountain sketches from the man of the mountains. Those buildings are tottering on one mighty pinnacle of rock.

Clever birds up North being able to dismantle and move bird feeders.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.3 for me today, I give up. :banghead:

Bright and cold, a sprinkling of snow over night but melted fast. No idea what I will be doing today but it's bound to involve garden, music and painting.

Keep safe and enjoy this lovely Spring day.

PS? I'm not really giving up just frustrated by the Dracula feeding fasting results of late.:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Always good to try something new, different approach and learning curve. It doesn't always suit our individual styles or work as we expect, I have a lot of these experiences. You have added a good hint of brightness in the background light yellow and the shaded leaves on the trees have some good depth with the blue. Not as muddy and flat as you think it is, look at it again in a day or two.

Not sure I always 'get' or understand all the informative advice & views you artists give, :sorry:

but i do enjoy the tips on what to look for & what worked/ didn't

Even the self criticisms open my eyes a little wider to what, admittedly my untrained eye takes too many times, at face value.

Liked.:)

Reactions: dunelm and BRSBRI

lindisfel

Expert
[QUOTE="lindisfel, post: 2382716, member: 57698

This last week hundreds of Whooper Swans have been moving north out of England into Scotland ready to fly back to Iceland, some moving in the night.
I only hope they miss the ranks of wind farms across their path as the go north through the Borders.
D.[/QUOTE
@lindisfel Have you heard about the new bladeless wind turbines? MrSlim was saying they could be fitted to lamposts.
Thank you Slimlizzy,
It would be great if an alternate source of bird friendly wind power was viably available.
Up to press as the alternative they are very much more expensive per kw capacity than conventional wind but that is always the problem initially.
D.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A merry morning to you all.

7.2..a low for the past few days.
Maybe it was the late night walk ?

A few laps of the block giving a happy 3,203 steps
And an BG of 5.9.at 11:17 last night.

Not quite the big 5.0..:sorry:

but sod it ;), beggars can't be choosers...:D

Whoop whoop, at least at some point I'm on McGarrett plains, even if it is only for a few minutes ...

( sure bailiffs or a posse of sheriff's will be here in a minute to drive me off the land..:rolleyes: )

Now progress is being made,
I dared venture into the data...
And can admit it to others as well as myself.

Oh dear, since accident I've put on 26lbs.:banghead:

Worrying how quickly being almost sedentary and a MUCH higher carb diet impacted my weight...and by dint my fbg, apparently :arghh::rolleyes:

Tracker is only now beginning to be close to my previous steps levels, etc.

SO....line in the sand day.:nurse:

More exercise
Less bleating
Time to renew.

Your time starts....'NOW'..:)

Have a good day all.:happy:

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Nice to get out the city early this morning after 16 days! Lunch was nice - I left the rice. This is Pacific coast of Taiwan - next stop thattaway I guess is Honolulu and California beyond, or if on a great circle routing by air Alaska and then down...

Back in Taipei now with the Hamish taxi...

Brilliant Saturday one and all :)
train.jpg
fisher.jpg
coast.jpg
Screenshot_20210326-162245.jpg

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Looks like the day is starting well outside in sunny North Cumbria.
I must get my 40 min garden walk in and then we can head off and have a look at the mountains before any snow melts.
It was bitter up here yesterday.

Have a good week end all.
D.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice to get out the city early this morning after 16 days! Lunch was nice - I left the rice. This is Pacific coast of Taiwan - next stop thattaway I guess is Honolulu and California beyond, or if on a great circle routing by air Alaska and then down...

Back in Taipei now with the Hamish taxi...

Brilliant Saturday one and all :) View attachment 48366View attachment 48368View attachment 48369View attachment 48370

Cracking pics
Do love a fishing port, can almost smell the sea.

Ahem, THAT Box.

Sure it tastes GREAT...:chicken:
But it looks less then..err umm.. 'appealling '

Or was it a visual to tempt @Krystyna23040 Archie .mmmh ;)

Enjoy the day...looks n sounds great :D

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.3 this morning

View attachment 48364
Thank you for the painting compliments @geefull

I like this painting. The pagoda is great.
Maybe try some more?

Reactions: jjraak