What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

an enjoyable few days

hanging on to 6 status early doors,
this AM i hit a 6.3, so heading down nicely.

Early start yesterday, furry nephew off colour, and vets across town.
i'm the only one driving AND free so volunteered

An hours journey give or take there and back so i'm always looking for a quicker route /rat-run.

so coming back in no particular rush played map roulette,
too a left to see where it took me...result

Misses a bottleneck that's normally chocka most days.

Vets says dog has dog flu, girls suspected hay fever, so maybe a better pick,
one session rather then endless tablets etc.?

We had him Wednesday for a few hours, deffo out of sorts.
just sat huddled up and then just moving from spot to spot trying to get comfortable
out in street for walks seemed ok, but once back indoors, back to miserable.

Took him for walk after vets, much improved
that listlessness, replaced by his scampish cheek once more, nice to have him back to his old self..

He's unhappy but he's being kept away from his usual haunts for moment & away for other dogs.

The recent post about foods, must have jogged something.

i think @dunelm you mentioned cauli rice roasted in oven.

Not a great fan, (microwavable packs,) but in the interest of science and expanding my repertoire of dishes,
i gave the roasted way a whirl.

a Spice tailors Fiery Goan Curry (tesco, & others) a goodly portion of veg, chicken & dinner was ready.

Cauli rice a HIT..Me likee, Madam likee..
Curry delish (recommended if not that ok cooking, dead easy to follow or just want a spicy easy meal )

So curry back on the menu.. Thank you, threadstars.:D

Pre meal 6.6..been decorating so exercise pushed it up maybe ?
but 2 hrs later only 6.3...yippee.

Make a space @Mrs T 123...
i'm hoping to ride in on your coat tails..;)

So day's been a good un.

a few hours kip and we do it all again tomorrow, god willing.:)
Roast cauliflower and a fine sounding curry - fabuloso. Dog flue - are dog masks a thing?

Reactions: gennepher

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

A hard frost in the night.
I posted some letters early, and saw an amazing sunrise.
Was in my front garden with a cuppa.
Came back to bed and cat hot water bottle.
This "Believe" is View attachment 48584 on my bedroom all glass door. A friend sent it me.
So this is what I painted in SketchClub and Procreate...
And a great painting it is, with a fine message for the inside of your head. I like this style that you have gone with of late.

lindisfel

Expert
Welcome to Saturday all 4 base layers, rugby shirt, thermoreg top, down coat, 2 neck gaiters and Beaver fur ushanka of it. Goodness knows what I'll need outside.:angelic: Accuracy of Swipey not guaranteed but trajectory spot on with 4.0 @ 5.52 in bedroom then 4.7 by 7.30 having faffed about with the dogs and made essential tea - no pea milk this morning. I will try a PM and whey protein latte later because I'm just not cared mate. Coffee is more flavoured milk in my case. Have a great day and be careful if you are not out, out or even out, out - is that even possible just yet? Hugs for all those suffering ailments or mysterious fbg syndrome. Loved the paintings and music maestros (better cars were available, didn't the steering wheels fall off?) - Today is sport day even if Julie doesn't know it yet:angelic: Football, rugby, boat race just up the road.

Hi Ian,
Are you not up for a wild swim in the Great Ouse today? ;)

Isn't it rather straight for a boat race? Most of it in the fen has been canalised.
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a lazy late in the day start here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of peeled and re-purposed junk food came in at 5.8 this am despite my best efforts.

Uber eats - let’s see what’s available? - Unexpected error - I blame the grandchildren but living in Birmingham they have a smorgasbord or even a Julbord of choices. “I fancy KFC”, pipes up Mrs Miggins - do they sell food? Could have fooled me.
Anyhow - I opted for large bits of real Chicken and ended up having to peel it as it was coated in something from a Kindergarten play-doh session in Mordor.
On the bright side, we how have a couple of coaltits fluttering about in the garden and hogging the bird feeding station.
picture today - a one brush, 3 dilutions of black ink and water on unsized rice paper. Hope you all managed not to gobble up any hot cross buns and look away from creme eggs. Time, at last, for koffy

upload_2021-4-3_9-59-33.jpeg

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Grandson was 15 on 31st March.
He was able to start tennis again on the day and played it with his friend on the courts for the first time for ages.
He has got to six foot but his friend is well over.
His Mum made him a cake and got both of them a massive take away pizza for after tennis....they never leave any food.
He had already had a big slice of cake before he went out to play.
Young lads are unfillable.

Like his Dad he can eat all the carbs he likes and stay lean.
D.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

A hard frost in the night.
I posted some letters early, and saw an amazing sunrise.
Was in my front garden with a cuppa.
Came back to bed and cat hot water bottle.
This "Believe" is View attachment 48584 on my bedroom all glass door. A friend sent it me.
So this is what I painted in SketchClub and Procreate...
And so we should. :)

I like the way you have captured the feel of glass/jewels in this art, good bright happy Easter colours also, winner.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a lazy late in the day start here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of peeled and re-purposed junk food came in at 5.8 this am despite my best efforts.

Uber eats - let’s see what’s available? - Unexpected error - I blame the grandchildren but living in Birmingham they have a smorgasbord or even a Julbord of choices. “I fancy KFC”, pipes up Mrs Miggins - do they sell food? Could have fooled me.
Anyhow - I opted for large bits of real Chicken and ended up having to peal it as it was coated in something from a Kindergarten play-doh session in Mordor.
On the bright side, we how have a couple of coaltits fluttering about in the garden and hogging the bird feeding station.
picture today - a one brush, 3 dilutions of black ink and water on unsized rice paper. Hope you all managed not to gobble up any hot cross buns and look away from creme eggs. Time, at last, for koffy

View attachment 48585
It's amazing what you can achieve with one brush, water and ink, good range of foreign mountains again from yourself.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Grandson was 15 on 31st March.
He was able to start tennis again on the day and played it with his friend on the courts for the first time for ages.
He has got to six foot but his friend is well over.
His Mum made him a cake and got both of them a massive take away pizza for after tennis....they never leave any food.
He had already had a big slice of cake before he went out to play.
Young lads are unfillable.

Like his Dad he can eat all the carbs he likes and stay lean.
D.
Sounds like a great day. As for the boat race course that is our route into Ely. Yes, they have been drained and still need pumping engines to stop flooding - not always successfully around Welney and Denver as you will know. All year round the fields are irrigated for intensive cropping. Salad leaves are a thirsty crop but the big boys are going to Spain due to the deity of Sovereignty. Threatening to go lock, stock and radicchio. Towards the Peterborough. Kings Lynn edge it is more root crops, onions - definite smell of onion harvest for a fortnight. and sugar beet. Massive machinery and all night working to lift the beet. Proper stink approaching Bury and Kings Lynn. My impression of Lincolnshire is it is like the Peterborough edge..

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Really cold dog walk - even with all my really warm winter clothes on.

We are having courgette pizza boats for lunch. Mr K has had to dash back to Aldi this morning as he forgot to buy the chorizo yesterday - which is an essential ingredient for the pizza boats.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@lindisfel you are originally a fenman but not what is considered a Fen Tiger I would say. I taught for 3 decades in various parts of The Fens including Cambridge , Peterborough and almost Kings Lynn. There is a massive difference in accent, wealth - Fenland is a distinct area of poverty around Wisbech, March- and Peterborough to Cambridge is not even like being in the same country in many ways. Ely seems to be the sweet spot especially with electrification of railway and being a commuter City.

Last edited: