What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Next watercolour in Minimal Spring Woodland completed, well I might add some foreground detail when it's dry.

A4 Watercolour, inspired by riding along Mountain Bike trails on Cannock Chase.

View attachment 48795
Now a dinner of Baked Salmon and stirfryed greens awaits, and a glass or three of red wine, it is Friday. :)
I love your painting. Silver birch is my favourite tree.

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The problem was I had originally not put my mobile number in one of the boxes - so when I added it in after checking the form over, it very strangely threw the alignment out of the other boxes which was so weird - so I re-jigged it (very technical) so that the boxes were how they should have been - it was so weird and not what I needed when filling in an application form for a job - however it looked and sent fine so hopefully the guy won't notice my little blip ... modern technology - fantastic - when it does what it says on the tin ...
Modern technology can be so temperamental at times. You did really well to sort it out.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rumour has it, US travel corridors opening...for all travel with Shapps taking all the credit as per usual

A confusing pic on the US

Me & missus discussing how it seems such a hot mess yet on the UK good list, when the Republic of Ireland have placed it in the red zone ?

BBC News - Covid-19: Ireland adds 16 countries to hotel quarantine list
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56697401

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Next watercolour in Minimal Spring Woodland completed, well I might add some foreground detail when it's dry.

A4 Watercolour, inspired by riding along Mountain Bike trails on Cannock Chase.

View attachment 48795
Now a dinner of Baked Salmon and stirfryed greens awaits, and a glass or three of red wine, it is Friday. :)
Excellent stand of silver birch. I like the picked out highlights with that filtering light

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some of you might recall weeks ago one of my original team was admitted to hospital due to very serious Coronavirus complications.

I've just met her. She is suffering still but on a long slow healing process and I've told her not to worry - her job is still here and we will welcome her back with open arms but only when she's ready.

She's now one of us it turns out - Type 2 in fact, a side effect of catching this most dreadful disease.

A good news story in that she is getting better each and every day.
Good news that she is on the healing path and hope that she gets to grips with T2 OK

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.9 today

another very cold, windy and snow showery day we did manage a walk round the village after we came back from Mum's :) wrapped up in lots of layers :hilarious:

Lovely clouds today and spectacular looking discrete snow showers against the blue sky over the firth :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - two stonking good pictures from yourself, I like the pair of birds very much and your gentle marbleing makes for a fine background. The more prominent marbleing is lovely, quite Art Nouveau sinuous smoky :)

@BRSBRI - glad your review went well :)

@Mrs T 123 - congrats on getting through to the second interview :)

@Muddy Cyclist - my compliments to mrs MC, a fine job there. My mum made my sister and I each a rag doll pyjama case when we were girls too, they had a loop behind the head to hang on the bedroom door with your 'jamies' inside :)
Looks like another fine MC ride ;) and I'm liking the silver birch painting very much, such light filtering through the branches :joyful:

@gennepher - a fine picture of Popeye, and your colourful bouquet has turned out very well, so hugs for the neighbour but gold stars for the art :)

art bit - I'm trying to improve my sketching of people and buildings, neither of those are subjects I'm very comfortable with drawing, these are a few small biro sketches I did from a travel video of Venice on Youtube

View attachment 48800
Thank you for your art comments @geefull, I have a few sheets of marbled paper now to play with.
Smashing sketches from you today - well drawn lines. You have a good eye for detail

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wonderfully quiet start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of “who’s a naughty boy” came in at 6.4 this am. A not to be resisted large scotch egg and an even larger scone that Mrs Miggins purchased from a farm shop when she went to open up our little house on the prairie.

Planters. Mrs Miggins was given four very nice blue ceramic wall planters by a friend. They have patiently sat for over a year while she decided what to do with them. Yesterday, she drilled some holes, plugged and screwed and hung them on a wall. I need to mention the word ‘washer’ to her her this morning but otherwise a fine job.

Art today - a dry brush sketch on a sheet of marbled rice paper. I hope that everyone has a pleasant day. Koffy time.

upload_2021-4-10_6-52-39.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wonderfully quiet start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of “who’s a naughty boy” came in at 6.4 this am. A not to be resisted large scotch egg and an even larger scone that Mrs Miggins purchased from a farm shop when she went to open up our little house on the prairie.

Planters. Mrs Miggins was given four very nice blue ceramic wall planters by a friend. They have patiently sat for over a year while she decided what to do with them. Yesterday, she drilled some holes, plugged and screwed and hung them on a wall. I need to mention the word ‘washer’ to her her this morning but otherwise a fine job.

Art today - a dry brush sketch on a sheet of marbled rice paper. I hope that everyone has a pleasant day. Koffy time.

View attachment 48802
Winner for the art and good marbled effect again, works well for a background to the dry brush painting.

Hug for your unusually high BG reading, self inflicted or not.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today. A real low carb day yesterday, could be the 3 glasses of red wine last night, who knows.

Cold and frosty start here no idea what day is offering to distract me. At some point I have to clean Wilfrid my camper van as a customer of my sons who 'Wraps Vehicles' is cutting three W letters in carbon fibre design to stick on its side and bonnet, not sure how they will look. They are my dads hand writing so should look unique I hope.

IMG_0257.jpg

Keep safe and look for something wonderful in your day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 48802
Great marbling effect @dunelm for the dry brushwork.
Have a great day.

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today. A real low carb day yesterday, could be the 3 glasses of red wine last night, who knows.

Cold and frosty start here no idea what day is offering to distract me. At some point I have to clean Wilfrid my camper van as a customer of my sons who 'Wraps Vehicles' is cutting three W letters in carbon fibre design to stick on its side and bonnet, not sure how they will look. They are my dads hand writing so should look unique I hope.

View attachment 48803

Keep safe and look for something wonderful in your day.

Wrapped motors, a fascinating idea..
Seen a few.... not sure i like if I'm honest

Old school.
A paint guy, at heart
A purist, I suppose lol.

Mind you, I still can't help giving my head a little shake when I see glorious ( and usually expensive car ) that's been given a "Matt" finish.

Pretty sure I could save them a few bob, and get a few rattle cans off halfords and knock it out for them, "say a Grand, all in Guv "..if anyone interested. :rolleyes:;)

However, very much liking the vinyl name, your intending .. what a lovely idea.
And so personal, too :)

Was once intending to get something in Japanese /Chinese style script, ala Suzuki's Hyabusa on my bike.

Did some research, sadly it got more convoluted the more I tried to get some idea of how to write what I 'Actually'wanted it to say.

Couldn't bear the idea I may want
"Free spirit" and actually write "fried sprout" or similar.:rolleyes:

So never got further then the thinking phase,
Da-amm inscutable languages..:hilarious:

Good luck with application
Don't forget a pic to show how good it looks :)

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What, another Saturday - didn't we have one only last week? My pre-toddle scan was truly 4.7 via Swipey - accuracy obs not guaranteed but stabbo was never anything like A1c either. Winner for the car artwork @Muddy Cyclist and hug for "odd" fbgs lately. I don't think I would expect the same fbg more than 10% of the time even from exactly the same carefully controlled inputs and outputs but I'm far more sceptical about lc than most. I've long since given up trust in this process it is now more OCD cum Linus' blanket than managing T2 really. @geefull your sketching is spiffing. @dunelm an act of outstanding bravery or sheer devilment mentioning washers? May hear from you again in a few.:angelic: Keep calm and drink tea, you know it makes sense Rodney.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Painting for today in Procreate. A painting for no reason as I was uninspirational...

20623E56-8444-4F82-9F15-CC42E2F49731.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Wall to wall blue skies this morning and hard white frost covering all the countryside.
At this rate Spring will be held back a couple of weeks and a lot of migrants are being held up in the south waiting for warmer winds.
I missed seeing the White tailed Eagle that came through a few miles away last week and latterly was seen moving north into Scotland at distance over the Kershope Forest.
Once seen never forgotten, the proverbial flying barn door.

Fbg 5.8 at 0700

D.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
[scene: Dr Evils Moonbase fortress]
Dr E, stroking pure white cat.

"So we meet again Mr Bond....

Come come did you REALLY think you could evade my hi-Sevens gravitational laser system

One of the most destructive forces in the known supermarket universe, so easily....
Using mere Vegetables..MAWAAAHH"

"Bloomer, take him to the Sucrose mines, let's see if drowning in a Vat of sugar, 'sweetens' up our Visitor. Take him away ..."

"Shurely you can't sheriously think you can get away with this, Evil ?"

"I assure, I'm deadly serious, Mr Bond
Enjoy your just desserts.
(Gestures to henchmen)

Good day Mr bond,.
We shan't be meeting again

[Dr Evil exits.
Bond stands calmly,
but spots the LC Hatch opening above his handcuffed wrists.
reaches up, activates hatch, and floods the room, before making his escape
..Scene ends]

....Isn't how it ended for me ...a self inflicted 7.9 :banghead:.

A lockdown unlocked birthday treat .

Lauren, Steph me..fav local Chinese takeaway

But it has changed menu. :rolleyes:

One dish ( fav) no longer available.
But can buy seperately and add together...err ok
(been salivating all day and starved in anticipation)

Great idea, twice as much food as normal,
NO Problem..:rolleyes:
Yeah of course I'll only eat half of it..:banghead:

Otherwise good night
The pleasantest of company.
And as secure & safe as possible, without being just me, myself & I.

Another milestone passed.
A little reflection

A double check on limbs & mental capacity.

Yep....all as it was yesterday

So Good to go, for another 365 days,

Let's see what this year brings
Come on life, do your worst, let's see what ya got. :D

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
[scene: Dr Evils Moonbase fortress]
Dr E, stroking pure white cat.

"So we meet again Mr Bond....

Come come did you REALLY think you could evade my hi-Sevens gravitational laser system

One of the most destructive forces in the known supermarket universe, so easily....
Using mere Vegetables..MAWAAAHH"

"Bloomer, take him to the Sucrose mines, let's see if drowning in a Vat of sugar, 'sweetens' up our Visitor. Take him away ..."

"Shurely you can't sheriously think you can get away with this, Evil ?"

"I assure, I'm deadly serious, Mr Bond
Enjoy your just desserts.
(Gestures to henchmen)

Good day Mr bond,.
We shan't be meeting again

[Dr Evil exits.
Bond stands calmly,
but spots the LC Hatch opening above his handcuffed wrists.
reaches up, activates hatch, and floods the room, before making his escape
..Scene ends]

....Isn't how it ended for me ...a self inflicted 7.9 :banghead:.

A lockdown unlocked birthday treat .

Lauren, Steph me..fav local Chinese takeaway
Has changed menu. :rolleyes:

One dish ( fav) no longer available.
But can buy seperately and add together.

Great idea, twice as much food as normal
Yeah of course I'll only eat half of it..:banghead:

Otherwise good night
The pleasantest of company.
And as secure & safe as possible, without being just me, myself & I.

Another milestone passed.
A little reflection

A double check on limbs & mental capacity.

Yep....all as it was yesterday

So Good to go, for another 365 days,

Let's see what this year brings
Come on 62, let's see what ya got. :D

Happy 62th year, a youngster, you can rule the world. :)