What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear about your phone @geefull hope you get it connected soon...

Those badgers dare anything...they are digging big holes now in my garden...I need to find the wire netting in the garage to stuff it in the holes they are digging...

Thanks for the compliment :)

Your painting...wonderfully gentle and peaceful for me...
Badgers are fond of chickens and ducks as we found out. We found a few duck heads scattered around the place. Neighbours told tales of badgers stealing water and food bowls from their hands.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a pleasant start to St George’s Day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of home made burger with spiced cabbage, onion and mushrooms came in at 4.5 this am

We are going over to our little house on the prairie today but not until after a late breakfast/early lunch with daughter and eldest son at splendid Alan Fresco’s. Film crews have begun appearing; Small Top Gun bloke running about on top of a train in Levisham on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway and a bunch of Vikings making the most of the sunshine just up the coast filming for the next bit of Bernard Cornwell’s The Last Kingdom. Could be anyone though - they are all wearing masks.

Art bit for today - a dragon for St George’s Day. Hope everyone is as well as they can be in both body and mind. Koffy time.

upload_2021-4-23_8-18-38.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a pleasant start to St George’s Day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of home made burger with spiced cabbage, onion and mushrooms came in at 4.5 this am

We are going over to our little house on the prairie today but not until after a late breakfast/early lunch with daughter and eldest son at splendid Alan Fresco’s. Film crews have begun appearing; Small Top Gun bloke running about on top of a train in Levisham on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway and a bunch of Vikings making the most of the sunshine just up the coast filming for the next bit of Bernard Cornwell’s The Last Kingdom. Could be anyone though - they are all wearing masks.

Art bit for today - a dragon for St George’s Day. Hope everyone is as well as they can be in both body and mind. Koffy time.

View attachment 49065
Oh, I d'loike Last Kingdom Miss Doyanne.

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher a link here that may be of interest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56825190

sound of metal.
Thanks @jjraak
Interesting article.
Informative.
Despite inaccuracies of any disability being portrayed in film/media, disability is a personal thing and is not the same across the board in any one similar disability. So it is a very difficult subject to portray. And it also depends on the directors perspective of what he/she is trying to say/put over. And it depends on the actors too, Some of who are disabled so they can play that part, accurately, or others that have had to learn about the disability in order to play the part. So you have the mix of all these different people trying to portray this particular disability, and sometimes it works very well, and sometimes it comes off very badly.
You are always going to get critics of some of these these portrayals. But nonetheless, awareness is being raised for people who have never encountered disability, and it can be that some of them will realise something, but they had not realised before.

I am reminded of my middle daughter who when she was living at home, and still at school, she was intolerant of my deafness and my difficulties. Then there was a drama film on one evening, it was American film about a deaf woman who lived in a campervan type of thing. And it portrayed many of her difficulties as a profoundly deaf person. Unknown to me my middle daughter was watching the same film in her bedroom upstairs. And immediately the film ended she came rushing into my room and said "I didn't realise it was like that for you mum. I had no idea I'm so sorry". I was in tears. However, understanding from middle daughter, I think lasted less than a fortnight and then she went back to her old intolerant ways of me and my deafness. But I have never forgotten that brief moment of enlightenment for her until she relapsed back into the normal 15/16 year old she was.

Thanks for posting this article x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.0 this morning. On a Zoom course this morning. Really looking forward to it. The teacher is a physio and pilates teacher. He is an ex military physio and has so much expertise in injury rehab. I learn so much from his courses.

the advantage of doing Zoom courses instead of having to travel to London to do them is that you still can do your other classes that day.

The sensible person would actually cancel their other classes so they would at least have time to eat and a bit of time to relax after the course. Unfortunately I am not one of those sensible people.
Good luck. Sounds a good day @Krystyna23040
I don't do sensible either!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 49065
Brilliant dragon @dunelm

Sounds as though the moors are very active at the moment...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 5.5
Looking forward to a shower tomorrow after a couple of days with no water pump, It was leaking, so had to drain the system down. Back to.boy scout technology, kettle for warm and bottle.of cold for teeth brushing. ( and flushing)
Hugs for all the trials and tribulations @SlimLizzy
May it all be resolved quickly...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh now we get to see a host of posts that were earlier not in sight.

@Muddy Cyclist - thank you for your comments and I will of course use this evidence when next I speak to my mother. I hope your son is not as battered as his bike. Glue, I have been informed, is the dressing of the day.
@jjraak, @lindisfel - smashing photo’s and thank you for sharing.
@geefull - thank you for your comments and get thee to Whitby. Lovely understated scenery from you with that splendid shaft of light cutting through an otherwise gloomy day.
@gennepher - thank you for your comments - I shall be back with practicing bird paintings tomorrow.
@SlimLizzy - all the best for the grandest of showers

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg, before I forget with this head butting cat who seems to have discovered my hernia and that it gets a reaction from me, is 6.9

This digital painting was also cut short by the same head butting cat, so this is as far as I can get with it...it is some pottery mushrooms in my garden...

59D81F18-7A90-46D5-B925-86A594838ED1.jpeg

Head-butting cat has been fed several sachets of cat food to try and keep him quiet a wee bit... i'm now going into the garden and head-butting cat will just have to look at me through my bedroom window…

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg, before I forget with this head butting cat who seems to have discovered my hernia and that it gets a reaction from me, is 6.9

This digital painting was also cut short by the same head butting cat, so this is as far as I can get with it...it is some pottery mushrooms in my garden...

View attachment 49066
Head-butting cat has been fed several sachets of cat food to try and keep him quiet a wee bit... i'm now going into the garden and head-butting cat will just have to look at me through my bedroom window…
Hug for head butting cat but winner for the art even cut short.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 49066
Naught head butting cat but he will miss out on those magic mushrooms

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good nearly Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.
Just got in from having a routine liver scan at the local hospital, nothing unusual they said, triplets and a hermaphrodite, as me and me's left the scanning room all I could hear was laughter, most unprofessional I thought hehehehe.

A peanut fuelled 7.8 this morning, o whoops I have just remembered I have forgotten to take my medication. Grrrrrr

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers, be nice to your fellow man and bring a smile to their face.
Remember the stays. Must go approx 10 pills and an injection to take, plus koffy.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on another day of quiet air and shining sun here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a slow roasted lamb belly came in at 5.1 this am.

Had one of those “I wonder where that road goes” days yesterday. Letting one road lead to somewhere else and just looking at signposts pointing down B roads to somewhere interesting. Ended up skirting round the back of Northallerton and then a zig-zag meaner in the rough direction of home, arriving several hours later and 100 miles on the clock.
Lateral Flow Test - my first stab at one yesterday with the assistance of a mirror and a torch - more difficult to report on line than doing the actual test. Negative - well, so it indicated with a single stripe. You can have two a week which is probably why they come in a box of seven - it’s like one of those school maths questions - buns come in packs of six and burgers in packs of eight - how many packets of each do you require to get ........ the answer of course is “stop buying stuff from that shop”.

Another stork this morning - one of those “just get that brush moving” affairs - about 5 minutes on rice paper. Hope that everyone is still enjoying some sunshine. I shall drink koffy and await the arrival of the girl in the bubble.

View attachment 49017

Late, but sounds like a good day out to.me

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good nearly Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.
Just got in from having a routine liver scan at the local hospital, nothing unusual they said, triplets and a hermaphrodite, as me and me's left the scanning room all I could hear was laughter, most unprofessional I thought hehehehe.

A peanut fuelled 7.8 this morning, o whoops I have just remembered I have forgotten to take my medication. Grrrrrr

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers, be nice to your fellow man and bring a smile to their face.
Remember the stays. Must go approx 10 pills and an injection to take, plus koffy.
Fantastic news on the scan. Shame about incurable Alfness but we'll call it quits. Mrs A J is in for a tough day looking after those personalities with their all clear. She has all the sympathy of the whole forum but I guess that is a given;) Give her a hug and dry her tears - they're unlikely to be laughter.;)

Reactions: SlimLizzy

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @jjraak
Interesting article.
Informative.
Despite inaccuracies of any disability being portrayed in film/media, disability is a personal thing and is not the same across the board in any one similar disability. So it is a very difficult subject to portray. And it also depends on the directors perspective of what he/she is trying to say/put over. And it depends on the actors too, Some of who are disabled so they can play that part, accurately, or others that have had to learn about the disability in order to play the part. So you have the mix of all these different people trying to portray this particular disability, and sometimes it works very well, and sometimes it comes off very badly.
You are always going to get critics of some of these these portrayals. But nonetheless, awareness is being raised for people who have never encountered disability, and it can be that some of them will realise something, but they had not realised before.

I am reminded of my middle daughter who when she was living at home, and still at school, she was intolerant of my deafness and my difficulties. Then there was a drama film on one evening, it was American film about a deaf woman who lived in a campervan type of thing. And it portrayed many of her difficulties as a profoundly deaf person. Unknown to me my middle daughter was watching the same film in her bedroom upstairs. And immediately the film ended she came rushing into my room and said "I didn't realise it was like that for you mum. I had no idea I'm so sorry". I was in tears. However, understanding from middle daughter, I think lasted less than a fortnight and then she went back to her old intolerant ways of me and my deafness. But I have never forgotten that brief moment of enlightenment for her until she relapsed back into the normal 15/16 year old she was.

Thanks for posting this article x

Glad you found it useful.

I did read through and on to the ongoing discussions re actors playing parts.

While not affected personally, the recent infirmity plus the input of many on here has opened my eyes to reality for others who are.

Without wishing to step on toes, I can see why bringing subjects to light with established stars makes good sense ( the rock in skyscraper) I can also feel the hurt that actors who may not be mainstream yet, may never get the chance if that continued.

Like you I think perhaps bringing subject matters to light, at all, for the general public to realise and reassess is a good thing.

Hopefully that success, leads to film makers realising there is a market and expanding the opportunity FOR actors affected to actually play those parts, and become the stars in their own right.

Difficult call, for sure.

Reactions: mojo37

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fantastic news on the scan. Shame about incurable Alfness but we'll call it quits. Mrs A J is in for a tough day looking after those personalities with their all clear. She has all the sympathy of the whole forum but I guess that is a given;) Give her a hug and dry her tears - they're unlikely to be laughter.;)

I really shouldn't encourage him, Alf...but
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: