What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Breakfast then a very early drive to Sheringham Park to avoid the heat and the road closures because of the cycle races. The dogs loved the walk in the hilly woodland and so did we. It is a really magical plsce. After a couple of hours I started to feel weird - a bit dizzy and unsteady and the hills were harder to climb as I was feeling weak.

Coffee and cream in the cafe didn't help. Back home tested BS and it was 4.1 again. So another false hypo. These low numbers are beginning to occur more often now so hopefully my body will get used to them soon and will stop sounding the alarm.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just checking in as having a rest after gardening. Planted some Dahlias bought from a local nursery who raise their own plants and are half the cost at the garden centre. With all the rain and humidity the week I was in Cornwall two of my beautiful Dianthus got mildewed and though I have sprayed them they are looking sorry for themselves. Felt I had nothing to lose so I have moved them to part shade to see if it helps.
@karen8967 I see you are off on hols on Tues. Wherever you go enjoy every minute.@Krystyna23040 hope you are now feeling better. @Goacher55 hope you’re feeling better too. @Bubbsie seems like Harry finds his own way to keep cool! You need something zip up and I am sure if you search there will be something out there that would ruin his street cred and dent your credit card.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day 5 n 6..Cyprus.
Can't recall if I posted prev fbgs.
So today's was 6.8..yesterdays 6.0

Friday off to mountains...scooter up and around the mountain roads..beautiful.
Discover area is wine region so wine tasting everywhere..I'm driving so it's just Lauren, who has a stunning black marcadot...I now SEE what people see in a good wine.. delicious.
Up the mountains we go, as we climb the temperature starts to plummet, so much I end up getting t-shirt n hoodie on to stop my teeth chattering....but a wonderful day.

Saturday, we get told of a beach few tourists know of.
Protected beach for turtles so no sunbeds etc.
A gritty dirt track, one hour to get there of barren scrubland, then suddenly we turn a corner and a restaurant appears, do food (good) drinks (cold)...then down to the beach, dark sand, pebbles n stones as we hit the water...cold, but a welcome respite from the heat.

Can't say enough good things about Cyprus..love it .the people are so friendly.
We've really had the most fantastic time, and if I'm honest, completely unexpected.

May not have replaced ' our Goa'..but it's certainly shot into top ten easily.

Gratuitous pics..caution
Includes the dreaded cats and one not to look at if your eating.
(And yes, cats really do just appear around Lauren.)

IMG_20190630_162757825_HDR~01~01.jpg IMG_20190630_142149916~01.jpg IMG_20190630_133736242_HDR~01.jpg IMG_20190629_152846133~01.jpgIMG_20190629_141152051_HDR~01.jpg IMG_20190628_142355328~01~01.jpg

And one to be cautious of,.

Cats while being fed are STILL natural predators......lizard to go..?

And for me the quote with the this ...is simply.."WHAT....? '

IMG_20190630_160303746_HDR~02~01.jpg

Last day today, so sat around town eating and drinking our own body weight ...(dreading the scales on monday...:***:
)

Happy Sunday, all.xx

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pickles raspberries.. tell me more. I made raspberry gin then used those raspberries to make vinegar last week. So pickles raspberries sound nice tell me more

No, I am not pickling the raspberries, I am just picking them each time I walk past the raspberry bush. This raspberry bush provides me enough raspberries to eat every day right up to November....
There are pale orange in colour, and the bush must be courtesy of the birds dropping a seed from somewhere...

>^..^<

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just arrived back in Cornwall with little Dennis. He was so good on the long drive down bless him. Introduced him to daughter’s Great Dane Melody. I think they are going to be best of friends.
5.5 fbg this morning. Now to go back and read all today’s posts here.
IMG_0407.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gorgeous little man DJC...made me laugh what a contrast between him & Melody he doesn't seem bothered at all:)

We were so happy they got on. They are polar opposites in every respect, not just size. She is so calm and relaxed about everything: zen personified, and he is just a bundle of energy and inquisitiveness. We thought she might be irritated by him but her lovely calm aura seemed to rub off on him. Phew!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After breakfast this morning I went back to sleep and dreamed that someone here had acquired 2 new Cornish kittens and was asking for suggestions for names for them.
Just arrived back in Cornwall with little Dennis. He was so good on the long drive down bless him. Introduced him to daughter’s Great Dane Melody. I think they are going to be best of friends.
View attachment 34022

What a sweet picture! And Dennis has grown!

What is that lovely bush in the background?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 34022
What a really lovely photo...I think they are going to be great friends Little and Large. I have heard that puppies learn a lot from other dogs.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After breakfast this morning I went back to sleep and dreamed that someone here had acquired 2 new Cornish kittens and was asking for suggestions for names for them.

What a sweet picture! And Dennis has grown!

What is that lovely bush in the background?

It’s a lovely shot of them isn’t it? The bush is actually a stone wall planted with different things that spread and flower at different times. I’m not sure what the purple blue flower is though. It was planted by the previous owners but agree with you, it’s really pretty.
What were your dream suggestions for the Cornish kitten names? How about Poldark and Demelza?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I forgot to post my FBG this morning. It was 6.2. After I checked it, and ate breakfast, I went back to sleep and dreamed that someone here was asking for suggestions for names for two Cornish kittens they had acquired. I suggested something like Geraint and Grania, but when I Googled those names later I saw that they are not Cornish, but Welsh and Irish. Oh, well. In the dream the kittens looked more like Burmese or Havana Browns than Cornish Rexes anyway. ^. .^. .^

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s a lovely shot of them isn’t it? The bush is actually a stone wall planted with different things that spread and flower at different times. I’m not sure what the purple blue flower is though. It was planted by the previous owners but agree with you, it’s really pretty.
What were your dream suggestions for the Cornish kitten names? How about Poldark and Demelza?

Poldark and Demelza are better than the names in my dream, which were Geraint and Grania. Later I looked them up only to find they aren't Cornish at all. In waking life I probably would have suggested something duMaurier-esque. Maybe Daphne and Doc (Martin)?

Mousehole?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Poldark and Demelza are better than the names in my dream, which were Geraint and Grania. Later I looked them up only to find they aren't Cornish at all. In waking life I probably would have suggested something duMaurier-esque. Maybe Daphne and Doc (Martin)?

Mousehole?
No dont go for Daphne of Doc Martin! Hope tou get to see catch up tv of Poldark soon. Ross and Demelza would be good names IMO.

Viv19

Could the blue flowers be campanula? I don’t think we can see the leaves that belong to the flowers, but campanula comes in a few different forms and sizes. It is flowering now.